About three weeks later the doctors all arrived. Brian and Lance were of course overjoyed to see everyone. Kevin was a calm and unshakeable as he always had been. And Chris was well… Chris. He was of course happy to see the dogs but they weren’t too happy to see him. No doubt the smell of his girlfriend’s cat caused some discontent among them. There were hugs and a few pecks on the cheeks and of course Brian going gaga over the babies who just looked at him with some bewilderment. No doubt wondering who this strange man who bared a strange resemblance to their father was. Lance, Chris, and Kevin of course made a fuss but it was more ‘manly’. Chris gave the kids some new blankets and toys and this seemed to get them to like him well enough.

“Smart kids.” Kevin commented.

“They take after me.” Jordyn said with a slight air of pride though she scolded herself mentally for it later. Kevin just grinned.

“I bet they do. So I hear you’ve got a stalker situation on your hands?”

“Sadly yes.” Jordyn looked a little angry now at the mere thought of Ryan. “This kid who’s been following all of us in the group and people related to the group in some way, shape, or form.”

“Has he got a name?” Kevin asked.

“His name is Ryan. I think he was an old classmate of Becca’s before she got married to Jc.” Jordyn said her voice speeding up since she wanted to get everything out all at once. “Like I said he follows us around and basically stalks us with his camera and spreads rumors about us online and-”

“Hold on.” Kevin stopped her. “Did you say he’s an old classmate?”

“Yeah. But I don’t see how that has anything to do with this.” Jordyn said skeptically.

“You’d be surprised. I think I definitely want to do a little more research on this guy.” Kevin nodded and made some notes on a yellow notepad. Nick came downstairs with Tyler in his arms. The infant was sniffling. Ever since his diaper rash incident he had been a little wary and fussy around changing time.

“It’s okay Tyler.” Nick said bouncing him a little. “Daddy’s here. You’re okay.” Jordyn raised an eyebrow and smiled a bit in amusement.

“So we finally get to see the sappy side of you.”

“Oh shut it. He was freaking out, of course I’m going to try and comfort him.” Nick argued. Just then the phone rang. “Hey can you get that?”

“I’ll do it.” Kevin offered. Jordyn just nodded and he went to the phone answering it. “Hello? Yeah they’re here. Okay Justin calm down. Is everyone okay? Alright. I’ll tell the guys to come over. Tell Jc to calm down and make sure that Becca also remains calm. With her problems the last thing we need is either of them having a panic attack. Just tell them we’ll be there as soon as we can and not to panic. Later.” He hung up and looked at Jordyn and Nick. “Tell everyone to get to the hospital ASAP.”

“Why?” Jordyn asked getting slightly worried.

“Becca and Jc were in an accident.” Kevin said “Justin and AJ saw the whole thing. Just get them into the car and load the kids up.” Jordyn and Nick nodded and silently loaded the kids into the car. Jordyn looked calm but on the inside she was fuming with rage. She didn’t have any proof but she knew who was responsible for this.

“I swear to god,” She muttered under her breath. “If he hurt them I will personally make sure he regrets the day he ever met us.”

“Calm down Jordyn.” Chris said as he, Lance, and Brian all showed up. “They’re probably fine.”

“You don’t know that yet.” Jordyn said.

*

Brian walks into Jc’s room once they all had arrived at the hospital. “Okay Jc.” Brian said keeping his voice at a calm even tone. “What exactly happened here?”

“All I know was that we were driving and then Becca screamed and then we were in the middle of a wreak.” Jc is annoyed and worried for Becca, as well as in slight pain.

“And that’s really all that you remember?” Brian asked.

“Yeah…well bits and pieces are coming back. But it’s all kinda hazy.”

“Don’t push yourself.” Brian said. “Just tell us as it comes to you.”

A few minutes later Brian left Jc’s room and joined the others. A few minutes after that Lance came out of the room next to Jc’s.

“Well I think we can now piece together what happened.” Lance said.

“Well then tell us!” Jordyn half said half scolded.

Slowly the whole picture was painted before them.

*

About six hours earlier, the whole fiasco started Jc was picking Becca up from work. She had finished her interview early so she could go at any time. That and Britney just didn’t want to have anyone near her office at that moment. Mostly because recent frustrations at the office had made it so that anyone who went near her office was at risk of being hit on the head with a scalding hot mug of coffee. Needless to say this had resulted in more than a couple upset employees and a few bumps on the head. Becca had felt it was best to just leave Britney alone for the next couple days so she was taking a little vacation time.

“Sounds like your boss is a little bit crazy.” Jc commented when Becca finished explaining her day to him.

“When you work in an industry like this one it can make you more than a little off your rocker.” Becca agreed. “But she's got a lot on her plate at the moment so it makes sense.”

“And she's the only one who knows about the baby at the office?” Jc asked.

Becca nodded. She had only told Britney because she was worried about how much maternity leave she would be allowed to have once the baby was born. Christina would probably find out later but that was fine with Becca. She reached a hand and felt her mid-section. She didn't have the tell-tale bump yet but she knew something was in there. She had thought that she would dread having a baby but on the contrary she was actually happy about it. The idea of having a baby excited her quite a lot. She was already considering asking around town for baby supplies. She and Jc had originally intended to start a family but when they got married Jc had made a promise to Becca's family that he wouldn't get her pregnant until she was at least twenty. Her family had a history of pregnancy complications and there had been a few women in the past few decades in that family tree that had died in childbirth. With today's medical science, this was quite a rare occurrence.

“Damn it!” Jc's cursing brought Becca back down to earth with an unpleasant bump.

“Josh, stop that!” She said. “I don't want the baby exposed to that kind of stuff so early.”

“Sorry.” Jc said “I've just got this asshole tailgating us and speeding. If we get pulled over because of him I swear to god I will have his head on a spike.”

“Again with the language.” Becca said. “Just go down a different road. There's more than one way to get to the house.”

“Yeah but the only other way take us near the Vegas strip.” Jc groaned. “You know how much I hate going down that way. You can always tell who the tourists are and who lost at the black jack table last night.”

“I'm well aware of that - JOSH LOOK OUT!” Becca's scream made Jc slam on the breaks but it was too late. A decent sized truck sped towards them and slammed headlong into the car. Jc threw an arm up to protect his wife but it was too late.

*

“AJ are you sure about this?” Justin asked. They were heading out towards a new restaurant in town near their apartment.

“Yeah and if anyone asks then we’ll just tell the truth and if they start acting like jerks then we’ll just make out in front of them then leave.”

“Okay fine. Hey wait isn’t that Becca and Jc’s ca-” Justin said suddenly before being interrupted by a loud smashing noise and a high pitched scream that more than likely came from Becca. The driver from the other vehicle got out and ran off with AJ in hot pursuit but he wasn’t able to get hold of him. Neither of them saw his face. But they knew he had reddish hair.

“Oh god, oh god, oh god!” Justin screamed running over to the car before fumbling around in his pocket for his cell phone. “Jc! Becca! Are you guys okay?”

“I’m okay.” Jc said.

“Ugh...” Becca moaned looking up slightly dazed.

“Come on lets get you guys out of here!” AJ yelled. “I tried finding the other driver but he took off. Justin, call 911 and get some help.”

“Should I call the guys too?”

“Not yet. Wait till we get to the hospital. Come on guys lets get you out of here. Becca are you able to move?”

“I think so.” Becca tried moving. The car was dented pretty severely but she was still able to get out of the car. The paramedics had to get Jc out because of how badly the car had hit on his side. Then they were taken away in the ambulance.

*

“So basically the guy waited till they were right there before ramming into them?” Nick asked.

“Sounds like it.” Lance sighs. Jordyn narrowed her eyes in anger.

“And if it’s who I think it is I’m going personally make sure that the son of a bitch dies.”

“The police are already trying to find him and bring him in for questioning.” Lance said. “Right now we just need to make sure that the others are okay and not panic.” Lance was about to say more but he was interrupted by a scream coming from Becca’s room. Jordyn got up and ran to the room leaving Nick with the stroller containing the kids.

“Becca!” Jordyn yelled running into the room. Becca was sitting up on her bed her eyes wide with shock and pain. She hurries over to Becca trying to comfort her.

“Becca what’s wrong?” Chris asked while a doctor ran into the room to make sure she wasn’t in any medical trauma. Becca said nothing. She only looked towards the bottom of the bed with an odd expression. Jordyn tried to make eye contact with her but Becca just collapsed.

“This isn’t good.” The doctor started wheeling Becca out of the room. “We need to get her into an operating room. There’s probably internal bleeding.” Before Jordyn could say anything Becca was whisked out of the room and into another hallway where visitors weren’t allowed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story