“So Brian. You’re having some difficulty dealing with the loss of a patient I understand.” Brian nodded. Dr. Doe was looking at a paper and writing down something. Brian began to understand why it irritated a lot of his patients not knowing what it was that was being said about them. He also began to understand why patients were often slow to trust him.

“Yes.” He said simply.

“Tell me about this. Start from the beginning.” Dr. Doe said.

“Well Levi came to us a few years ago…actually it’ll be three years ago tomorrow.” Brian said. “He had come there because his family had told him he was mentally ill when he really just needed reassurance about his sexuality.”

“So his family believed that homosexuality was a mental illness?”

“Yes. He spiraled further and further into depression and despite my best efforts nothing seemed to work… and over time I developed feelings for him. When that happened I assigned him to another doctor.”

“A wise decision. After all you could lose your license getting involved with a patient in that sense. I understand that you’re now married to a co-worker?”

“Yes. At the hospital I work at it’s perfectly allowed as long as you maintain a professional attitude in the workplace. It was only after Levi’s death that we got together though.”

“I see. Anyways please continue.”

“Well Levi and I continued to pass by each other. Then finally one day he admitted his feelings. He tried to become sexual around me but then something in him snapped. He ran and grabbed a gun from one of the security officers. How that man was permitted to carry a gun on the premises I still do not know. It seemed like it took forever but it was only a few seconds. He pulled the trigger and he was gone… I still have nightmares about it. They usually come when I don’t have Lance near me. Or after I’ve argued with him… when I'm alone. I don’t know why this is happening to me.”

“It could possibly be post traumatic stress but that’s unlikely. Either way I want you to start keeping record of when these visions occur and-” He was about to continue when Brian’s cell phone rang and Brian quietly excused himself from the room.

“Hello?”

“Brian get back to the house quickly.” It was Lance. “It’s Becca and Jordyn. They’ve gone missing.”

*

“Alright Jc.” Kevin said to the phone which everyone was gathered around anxiously. “Tell us what happened from the beginning.”

“Well Jordyn and Becca went out for a walk and took the kids with them.” Jc said. “Nick and I figured we’d make it a gentleman’s evening for us and for a while it was okay but when Becca and Jordyn didn’t come back for several hours we started to get worried.”

“Have you heard from them?”

“No. We thought maybe they went back home?”

“They haven't shown up here. And I don't think they would leave without telling you guys.”

“Nick and Jordyn aren't talking to each other though. Becca might have just gone along with it...”

“Jc she wouldn't. She cares about you. Jordyn is a stubborn chick but she isn't just gonna leave Nick. She loves him too much and won't admit it.”

Jc sighs shakily. “I don't want to loose her.”

“Did you call the police?” There a mumbling through the phone, like Jc covered the mouthpiece and is talking with Nick.

“Nick is doing that now.”

“Do you want us to fly over?”

“Stay. No come. Wait... ugh!” He hears Nick yelling in the background.

“Okay, me and Chris will fly over there and then rest of us will stay here and keep an eye out for them if they show.”

“Okay. Thank you Kevin.”

“We'll get over there ASAP. Just hold on Jc.” Kevin hangs up.

“Where am I going?” Chris asked suspiciously and curiously as Kevin headed to the door.

“Lance, wait here until Brian shows. Call everyone and have them keep an eye out if they show up.”

“Who? Kevin I'm lost.” Lance goes after Kevin. “Who shows up?”

“Becca and Jordyn have gone missing, along with the twins. They either came back here or were kidnapped.”

“Wonderful.” Lance watches as Chris and Kevin climb into their car and drive off. “I'll find an address book of some kind.”

*

Jordyn is staring at her babies who were lying on the floor of the back of a van. Every time they hit a bump they cried and she couldn't get near them. “Mommy's here. Everything is gonna be okay.” Ryan just screamed at her to shut up. “I would if you let me hold my babies!”

“Bitch.” He mumbles under his breath. He looks over at Becca who was shaking. She was crying into her gag. “Don't worry Becca. You will be safe, and far away from Jc soon.” She cried harder.

“Your the bitch! LET ME HAVE MY BABIES!” Jordyn did her best to hold back her tears. Ryan slammed on the brakes and she fell over hitting her head on something. Her babies cries slowly fade out and there is a bright light from the back door of the van opening a while later before she blacks out.

*

“I want my children back.” Nick is pacing the room. Jc was sitting on the bed staring at his shoes. “Whoever did this will suffer.” He keeps pacing. Yeah, he wanted Jordyn back too. He just refused to admit that he would die if he never saw her again. He loved her so much.

“I hope Becca isn't being raped.” Jc mumbles. Nick looks at him.

“Man you are defiantly NOT looking on the positive side.”

“And you are?” Nick continues pacing. He didn't want his children hurt, and he wanted to hold Jordyn in his arms again. The fight they had a few days before torn Nick apart. He didn't want her carrying around two gays' kid, especially when they are their mental doctors from way back when. They could have someone else do it easily; was Jordyn falling away from him or was he falling away from her?

There is a knock at the door. Both Nick and Jc run to it. They fight over the doorknob till Jc gets a good grip on it and opens it. It is Kevin and Chris. Chris was drinking a soda and Kevin was chewing gum.

“Have a safe trip?”

“Yeah. We were able to get on the next flight over here.” They walk in and Kevin faces Nick. “Any word?” Nick shakes his head.

“Well Lance will call us if they show up in Nevada.” Chair says finishing the last of his soda. Jc falls down on the bed and faces the ceiling. Nick keeps pacing the room rubbing the back of his neck.

“Your babies are fine Nick, I'm sure.” Kevin rests a hand on his shoulder.

“They could be dead, they could have kidnapped them and the babies left on the side of the road!”

“Nick, Jordyn wouldn't let them out of her sight!” Nick covers his face.

“I love them Kevin. They are my only family. I don't want to loose them!”

“You won't. Trust me.” Kevin hugs Nick who cries a bit. “I know Jordyn loves you. She doesn't want to loose you either.” The phone rings and Jc shoots up off the bed running over and answering it.

“Yes? Oh god, are they okay?” Nick, Kevin, and Chris look over at Jc. “We'll meet you at the hospital then.” Jc hangs up and looks at them.

“What do you mean the hospital? WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO HER?” Nick screamed. Kevin holds Nick back.

“They were kidnapped. A van was found on the side of the road having collided with a post. The driver was dead, Jordyn and Becca unconscious in the back tied up.” Jc trembles as he speaks.

“What about my children!” Kevin shushes Nick. “I can scream if I want!”

“They were found against a wall unconscious... and bleeding.” Nick has tears running down his face. Kevin grabs his coat and puts it on Nick. Chris helps the nervous-wreck Jc outside to the cab; Jc keeps mumbling horrible things that could of happened to Becca. They drive to the hospital and both of them sprint inside looking around for any sign of Becca or Jordyn.

“Where are they?” Jc mumbles walking quickly over to the reception desk. “Hi. My wife and her friend were brought in a while ago? And two babies?”

“Oh yes. The women are in that room right over there and I think the children are in the operating room.” Nick goes pale and Jc catches him before he hits the floor. “Are you okay sir?”

“He'll be fine once we get him with his girlfriend.” Chris is able to get Nick to lean against him as they go to the room where Jordyn and Becca are. Jordyn has a bandage on her forehead and Becca is lying in bed asleep.

“Oh baby...” Jc walks over and runs a hand over her head. She opens her eyes and tears begin to fall. “I thought I lost you.” She sits up and he hugs her tightly and carefully, kissing her neck.

“I was so scared Jc.” She whispers softly. “Ryan just grabbed us and threw us into the van... and he didn't even care about the twins crying!” He hugs her tighter and whispers into her ear.

“He won't hurt you anymore. He is gone for good, I promise.” He lays her back on the bed and she presses against his chest crying. He rubs her back humming.

Jordyn watches as Chris lays Nick down on the bed she was suppose to be laying in. Instead she was pacing the room worried about her babies. “What the hell happened to him?”

“He feels the same way you do about your children.” Nick starts to sit up but Kevin pushes him back to the bed.

“Stay down.” Nick shakes his head.

“I'm fine now. I just need to sit...” He rubs his face and puts his head into his knees. He feels arms go around his neck a few moments later, and feels lips touch his cheek. He turns and looks at Jordyn who has tears in her eyes.

“I'm sure they are gonna be okay... right?” Nick looks into her eye's, realizing he couldn't be freaking out right now. He had to reassure Jordyn, make her know that he was there for her. He had to be a man... for once.

“God isn't going to take them from us.” Nick pulls her into his lap and kisses her deeply. “I love you so much baby. I was so scared... I thought I wouldn't be able to tell you how sorry I was. I thought that you'd be gone and you'd think that I hated you.” He buries his face into her neck.

“I thought... that you were only thinking about the kids. I thought... that if I died you wouldn't care.”

“That isn't true.” He holds her face. “My heart would break if you were gone. And my heart would break more if the kids were gone.”

“I can't loose my babies.”

“You won't, I promise you.” He kisses her again and holds her to his chest humming their song.

*

An hour passes and Nick is laying in the hospital bed staring at the ceiling. Jc and Becca were fast asleep; Kevin and Chris are snoring away in chairs; Jordyn is holding to his chest also asleep. A doctor walks in.

“Are you Nick Carter?” He nods, slowly pushing Jordyn off of him as he sits up. “You want to come with me please?” Nick nods. He goes slow, scared of the answer he might get about his children. Or worse – something horrible that had happened to Jordyn that she didn't say about.

“Yeah doc?” He said it softly.

“Your kids are doing just fine.” Nick releases the breath he had been holding for hours now. “They had been shaken around so much in the van, since they weren't strapped down, and we had to operate on them because Angelica broke a leg and Tyler broke an arm in the crash.” Nick slowly slides down into a seat. “They are sleeping right now. Would you like to see them?”

“Yes.” Nick follows the doctor into the nursery where his children were asleep in clear boxes. Tyler's arm was wrapped up and in a split, the same to Angelica's leg. “Oh I am so glad you guys are okay.” He slides a hand into each box and runs a finger over their little hands. They slowly close their hands around his fingers and sigh lightly in their drug-induced sleep.

“I'll let you be alone with them. If there are any problems just call one of the nurses.” Nick nods and sits down in a chair, his hands still in the boxes. He watches them both closely as they sleep.

“I love you two so much. You are my life now, along with your mother. You guys take after her in so many ways, you know that?” Tyler squeaks a bit and Nick smiles. “I want to ask your mommy to marry me again, but I'm afraid she will just give the ring back to me saying she isn't ready. If she isn't ready now, will she ever be?” Angelica's eyes open a bit and Nick smiles at her. She rolls her head away and goes back to sleep. “I want us to be a family forever. I don't want to loose your mommy ever again. We've had one hell, I mean heck, of a past. That is one story you'll hear about when you start asking for bedtime stories.” Tyler's eyes open slowly and Nick watches him. “Do you think your mommy will say yes if I ask her to marry me again Tyler?”

“Momma...” His voice was soft. Nick shoots up in his seat gasping when his arm is caught in Angelica's box. He pulls his hand out putting both of his hands into Tyler's box.

“What did you say?” Tyler looks up to him and holds out his good arm opening and closing his tiny fist.

“Dada.” Nick laughs lightly and runs a hand over his head.

“You said momma and dada!” Tyler turns his head and starts to reach out away from Nick, towards the door. Nick turns and sees Jordyn standing in the doorway tears sitting at the rim of her eyes.

“You... want me marry me? Still? After everything... that has happened?” She slowly walks towards him. Nick pulls out his arms and goes over to her.

“I love you. I acted stupid with that fight. You aren't going to be having sex with Lance and/or Brian to make a kid. And you'd probably just be a baby oven anyways if they want a different egg. If you want to do it, I am fine with it. Just don't go too extreme.” Jordyn wipes the tears off her eyes sniffling.

“I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want any more risks of loosing you.” Nick places his hands on her arms and leans in kissing her forehead. She puts her arms around his neck. “I love with all my heart Nick.”

“I love you with all my heart.” He pulls away and slides down onto both his knees. “Jordyn, will you marry me? I'm down on both my knees here, so I am very serious.” Jordyn chuckles a bit and nods her head.

“Yes!” Nick kisses her hand and stands back up, pulling her into a tight embrace.

“The ring is back home, so I'll put it on your finger then.” He kisses her and they stay like that until Tyler starts saying 'dada, momma' over and over again. They pull away and walk over to the twins. Angelica was holding out her arms wanting to be picked up and the same with Tyler, only with his one good arm. Nick goes outside and asks the nurse if they can hold them, and she goes to find the doctor.

“Sure. Just be careful about their splints.” Jordyn pulls Angelica out of her bed carefully and rocks her in her arms.

“Shh, mommy is here. You're okay.” Angelica snuggles into her chest sucking her thumb. Nick picks up Tyler and rocks him lightly standing next to Jordyn.

“We are all together again.” Nick kisses Tyler's head. Tyler tries to move his splinted arm so he can suck on his thumb and whimpers. “Try the other hand.” Nick whispers. Tyler soon puts his other thumb into his mouth and stares up at Nick. “Daddy is here to stay baby.”

“Thank God.” Jordyn leans over and kisses Nick passionately. Nick kisses her back and nuzzles her neck. Tyler and Angelica both make gagging sounds.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story