Story Notes:
Just a short drabble I did a while back. Nothing all that special.

Chris groaned rolling over on the couch. What a night it had been. No doubt he'd be nursing this hangover for at least a week. Hopefully some bed rest and not doing anything for a while would get him back on his feet in no time. His wife unfortunately had other plans.

“Damn it Chris get up!” Becca said shoving him roughly. “You've got guests who've overstayed their visit and a house that seriously needs cleaning up!”

“I'm well aware of that Becca.” Chris moaned through a pillow. “Now if you could just let me rest-”

“Not gonna happen hun. Not until you get these people out of our house and help me get this place straighted out.”

Groaning Chris got off the couch and started herding out any guests that were still there from last nights festivities. Joey and Jc were still there but Becca had recruited them to help her clean the place up along with Lance. Mostly because they were the only ones that were sober or at least sobering up.

“Any idea where Justin went?” Lance asked.

“No clue.” Becca said picking up several beer cans in the yard and throwing them into a plastic bag. “He left early though. He seemed a bit off though.”

“Why do you ask?” Joey said.

“No reason.” Lance muttered.

“What happened?” Becca said in a way that a mother would ask a young teen. That 'out with it already we know something is up' kind of voice.

“Did you guys at least dance together?” Joey said.

“Well we did in a way but it was kinda awkward. I mean...we already broke up.”

“Hun no offense.” Becca replied. “But you guys never made it official. The worst you guys have been doing is giving each other the silent treatment for two weeks. Face it you two still love each other.”

“But what am I supposed to do?” Lance moaned.

“Ask us with that voice and we won't tell you.” Jc said.

“Dammit Jayce quit acting like my wife!” Yelled Chris who was attempting to extract a foreign object out of the fish tank. The fish of course giving him dirty looks the whole time.

The cleaning continued on as normal. With the extra hands around the work was reduced quite a bit and by noon the house looked somewhat bearable. Everyone flopped over on the couch.

“Ahh.” Becca sighed. “I love a clean house.”

“And I love partying with my friend on Saturdays.” Chris grinned.

“Sorry babe.” Becca retorted. “I don't care how much fun these parties are for you I am not having that many guests over again for a long long time.”

“Hey Lance.” Joey leaned over and whispered into Lance's ear. “Lets leave those two alone for a bit. I want to show you something. I think you may have dropped it while you were drunk.”

“Uhh. Sure.” Lance got up and followed Joey into another room. “So what is it that you wanted me to see?”

“I don't know if you remember all of last night, hell I know I can't, but anyways you and Justin were really having a blast. I was watching you guys the whole time. Anyways Justin handed you this note right before he left the party. I think it's directions somewhere.” Joey handed lance a slightly crumpled piece of notebook paper that Lance recognized as coming from the small notepad that Becca and Chris kept near the phone. No doubt Justin had snagged a piece last night.

“Thanks Joe.”

“Not problem man.”

Lance went outside to read the note. Joey was right. At the bottom were some directions obviously in Justin's handwriting. But it was the note above that really caught Lance's eye.

'Meet me there. Lets settle this.'

What did it mean? Shaking his head a bit Lance went back inside.

“Hey man.” Jc said walking up to Lance. “Ready to go?” Jc and Lance had carpooled to the party.

“Yeah. Hey Jc?” Lance said. “Do you think you could drop me off at this address?” He help up the bottom part of the note to him. Jc nodded.

“Yeah I can do that.”

Ten minutes later Lance was getting out of Jc's car and standing in front of a beautiful house in a suburban neighborhood. He walked up to the door and knocked a couple times. When there was no answer he tired turning the doorknob to find that it was unlocked. Cautiously he walked in hoping that this wasn't some sick prank.

“Bout time.” Lance turned around sharply nearly knocking over a vase. Justin was standing in the next room over. “I thought you would never show up.”

“Damn it Justin don't scare me like that.” Lance said “Why did you have me come here.”

“Mostly to apologize.” Justin said. “I realize that I was a total idiot. Becca and Chris's party made me remember all the fun we used to have together.”

“So you're wanting to get back together?” Lance asked skeptically.

“No shit sherlock.” Justin almost laughed. “I mean after all. I thought buying this house would be the perfect 'please forgive me for being such an idiot' gift. What do you think? Big enough for the two of us?”

Lance thought his jaw was going to hit the floor. But instead he walked straight over to Justin and planted a huge kiss on his face.

“Yes baby.” He said. “I've been wanting you back god knows how long.”

“Good.” Justin grinned. “That means the housewarming will be all the better.”

“When were you thinking we'd have it?” Lance asked.

“Next Saturday.”

Lance grinned but couldn't hold back the moan. As if Saturdays weren't eventful enough.

EL FIN!


Completed
Becca Chan is the author of 3 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story