=Chapter Two=Change of Heart=

Mom and Kenzie had been bugging me about the whole situation since Kenzie had come up with the idea.  I was still against it but as they went on I was starting to feel sorry for Kenzie.  If you really thought about it, it really wasn’t her fault.  It was Hollywood that made her do it.  The pressure to be perfect, to be on top.

 

I knew she’d made some friends that were not good for her or anyone for that matter.  They were drug addicts…I guess like she was now.  Actually pretty much everyone now a days was.  It didn’t have to be Hollywood.  I knew a few that were and they were in med school with me.  So anyone could get addicted to drugs I knew that.  I’d learned that from experience in high school.  I’d never done anything but I’d had a few friends that had.  They’d lost themselves in the drugs and I never spoke to them again.

 

“Please, Lola, do this one thing for me and I’ll never ask you again to do anything for me again,” Kenzie said to me.  I gave her a sideways glance.

 

“Kenz, I’ve heard that too many times.  I’m not so sure that I trust you with that comment.” I looked over at her and could see that she was almost again in tears.  I could tell that she really didn’t want this to get out but I wasn’t sure I was willing to be in the limelight like she was.

 

“Please, Lola, please, you can have everything that you make when you’re doing this for me.  Please, Lo, please,” Kenzie begged as she reached out and grabbed a hold of my arm.  I closed my eyes and sighed.  I couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“I sure hope I don’t regret this,” I mumbled to myself then opened my eyes and looked at Kenzie. “All right, I’ll do it but I have a few questions for you first.”

 

“You will?  Oh thank you, thank you so much,” Kenzie screamed as she threw her arms around me.  I patted her on the back a few times. “The answers to your questions are yes.  I don’t care whatever you want.”

 

“Ah, but you haven’t heard the questions and they’re not yes or no questions,” I said as I pulled Kenzie away from me.  I held her at arms length away. “What am I going to do about school?  What am I going to do about my job?  What am I going to do about my scholarship?  Can you answer those questions for me?  Those are some major questions that I have for the hesitation.”

 

As soon as I asked the questions Kenzie’s smile fell from her face.  I knew she hadn’t thought about any of those things.  She just figured I’d drop everything and do this for her.  I was willing to put everything on hold for her but she just assumed that I would do so.

 

“Well…I…I’m not sure what you can do about those things,” Kenzie said after a few moments of silence.  She looked down at the ground.  I sighed.

 

“Kenz, you don’t have to worry about it.  I’ll do this for you.  I can see that you really want me to do this for you.  I’ll have to talk to the dean but I think he’ll be all right with it.  I can always get another job, it’s no big deal, and it’s only part time too.  I’ll have to see about my scholarship.  Hopefully they’ll let me keep it.  I don’t know we’ll see.  If they don’t you have to pay for the rest of my schooling,” I explained.

 

“Of course, I will.  I know how much you want to be a pediatrician.  I know how much you love kids.  I’ll pay for it if you aren’t able to keep your scholarship.” I nodded.

 

=

“So what exactly am I going to be doing when your break is over with?” I asked as Kenzie and I sat on my bed.  She was behind me braiding my hair.

 

“Well…you’re going to be going on tour…with Justin Timberlake,” she said softly.  I nearly fell off the bed when she told me.  I was going to be going on tour.  I was going to be in front of thousands of people.  I was going on tour…with Justin Timberlake of all people.

 

“Are…are you serious?” I asked once the shock wore off.  I glanced over my shoulder at Kenzie.  She had a smile on her face.

 

“Yeah, I’m surprised you didn’t hear about it.  It’s all over those entertainment shows and all those kinds of magazines.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“If you haven’t noticed, Kenz, I’m not one for all of that.  I hardly have time to eat let alone follow the Hollywood scene,” I said.

 

“Well you’re going to need to be up on the Hollywood scene from here on out.  Especially if you want to pass as me.”

 

I knew that.  I wasn’t stupid; I was going to medical school for crying out loud.  I got a scholarship to one of the best colleges in the United States.  I was a straight A student.

 

“So…tell me more about this tour with Justin.  You guys have met before I’m assuming.  I mean, come on girl tell me about him.  I need to know every minor detail if I’m going to be you for several months.” Kenzie patted me on the back letting me know that she was done with my hair.  I turned around and looked at my sister.

 

“Well…photos and television don’t do the man justice.  He’s ten times…no a hundred times hotter in person.  He’s really sweet, he’s a real gentleman.  We’ve known each other for a few years.  We hosted the VMA’s a couple of years ago.  That’s how we met…” she continued to tell me about him and what they were…well we were going to be doing on the tour.  I was going to perform first then Justin.

 

My head was starting to hurt with all the information she was giving me.  She continued to tell me about everything that she did until it was nearly two in the morning.  I glanced over at the clock as my eyes started to feel a little heavy.  I smiled slightly.

 

“Kenzie, I’d love to hear more but it’s almost two.  I think we’d better get some sleep.  We have to tell a few people tomorrow about all of this.  You know Dreana will have to know, of course, we’ll have to tell Will, since he’s your manager for crying out loud,” I said with a yawn.  Kenzie smiled and looked over at the clock.

 

“Stop doing that,” she said as she hit me on the arm as she yawned. “You’re making me yawn.” I smiled and shook my head.  I reached over and pushed her off my bed. “All right, all right, I’m going.  Keep your pants on.” I shook my head.

 

It was hard to believe sometimes that she was the older one.  Only by a few minutes but she was still the older one.  She had always been more childish than I was.  I had always been the serious one and she’d always been the goofy one.

 

“I’ll see you in the morning, Kenz,” I said as I stood up and flipped down the covers of my bed.  Kenzie walked toward the door and stopped in the doorway.

 

“Thank you, Lola,” Kenzie said as she turned back around.  I looked up at her and nodded.

 

“You’re welcome.  Now go away, I need to sleep.  We’re going to talk to Dreana tomorrow…well actually later today but…you know what I mean.  I already called her and told her to be here early.  She needs to know and so does Will.”

 

“I know, I’ll see you in the morning.  Goodnight,” Kenzie said then shut the door to my room.  I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed.  I glanced over at the clock and groaned.  I rubbed my face with my hands.  I got back up and walked toward the bathroom.  I washed my face and brushed my teeth.  I went back to my room and shut the door.

 

As I climbed into bed I sighed once more.  This was going to be tough.  I’m not entirely sure I can do this but…I’ll try for Kenzie’s sake.  She wants me to do this and I’ve never really been one to turn away from someone in need of help.

 

I reached over and turned off the lamp next to my bed once I had finally settled into bed.  I rolled over onto my other side and closed my eyes.  Finding that that wasn’t a comfortable position minutes later I turned back over.  That wasn’t comfortable either.  I tossed and turned for several more minutes before I gave up on going to sleep.  I laid on my bed and stared into the darkness.

 

I don’t know if I can do this.  I’m going to screw something up.  I know it.  Kenzie and I are nothing a like.  The only things that we have in common are we’re identical twins, we share the same last name and we share the same birthday.  That’s it.  Nothing else.  She’s the loud, outgoing one and I’m…I’m the shy, quiet one.  Those are two polar opposites and there is nothing that can make them remotely close to the same.

 

I sighed and shook my head.  I brought my arms up to my forehead and laid them across it.  I groaned as I thought about what I was getting myself into.  I was going to be in front of millions of people.  Every second of my life for the next couple of months was going to be photographed, and analyzed.  That thought send a chill down my spine.  What was I getting myself into?  Could I handle it?  I was about to find out.

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: rehab celebrity fame