Story Notes:
I know I'm posting late but, I had a crazy day.  Hope you guys are ready for Awesome August!  Hope you like it. :)

  



The sun is unusually bright this morning, threatening to break through the dark curtains and shine on the young couple.  Their morning ritual will begin in about another fifteen minutes or so but the gentleman is a bit restless.  He's tossed and turned more times than he could count and not wanting to interrupt his wife's last resting minutes, he decides to forgo any more rest and get up.  He could stand to check his email anyway.  He couldn't even tell you the last time he checked it.  So, with that thought, he swings his legs over the side of the bed and tips out of the bed, quietly padding over to the office in the next room.  He softly opens and closes the door, not wanting to disturb the rest of the house either.  His sons are not the lightest of sleepers but for some reason, the sound of the computer or television coming on seems to awaken them out of the deepest of slumbers.

 

 

The computer comes alive and all the clicks and whirrs that come along with that makes him turn his attention to it.  He sits at the desk, allowing it to fully turn on as he looks through some of the family's bills.  Nick has a doctor's appointment on Thursday and Nate has soccer practice on Wednesday and Friday afternoon.  Both boys have to finish school shopping because school starts next Tuesday and they're excited about the upcoming year.  He thinks about all of these things while absentmindedly signing on to his email account. 

 

 

First, he goes through, separating the important mail from the spam.  Next, he checks out all of his business emails, replying accordingly.  Lastly, he checks the last couple personal emails.  Those few lucky enough to have his email account usually sends him funny anecdotes or sentimental letters expressing how much they love and miss him.  The last email he opens is from his brother, telling him that he'll be out in California with his girlfriend's family so he plans to stop in and see them.  Their sister's in Greece with a couple of her friends and their parents are on a weeklong cruise around the Caribbean, so he figured it's time for him to come out and visit his girlfriend's family, since she doesn't get to see them as often as she'd like.

 

 

He goes on to talk about how happy he is to have Facebook because if it weren't for the networking site, he wouldn't have reconnected with the girl of his dreams.  He'd often tried to get Josh to sign up under a pseudonym of some kind but JC wasn't the type to allow people to delve into his personal life.   After replying to Tyler's email, he signed out and surfed the net for a bit.  Deciding that he also wanted to see if he could connect with some people he'd lost touch with, he chose to give Facebook a shot.  Signing up under Scott Williams (his wife's maiden name), he went about setting up a profile for himself.  Not giving out too much private information, he told his name, age, dating status and occupation.  Then, after taking the tutorial, he searched for family and close friends.  Tyler was of course the first person he requested as a friend and Tyler immediately accepted him, telling him it's about time.  He then looked on his brother's page, figuring he'd have most of the same childhood friends he would be looking for.  After sending out about ten requests, he ran across a name and a picture that threw him for a loop. 

 

 

Her face smiled back at him and he couldn't do anything but stare.  She looked just as beautiful as she did the last time he'd seen her.  Except, this wasn't the same little girl he remembered hanging around with his little sister.  No, this was a gorgeous young lady, staring back at him with a little girl in her arms; eyes squeezed shut as it seems she's being tickled by the young woman.  He couldn't believe that after all these years, he has the chance to see and maybe even talk to her again.  He clicked on her page and checked her stats.  She currently works as a paralegal for Parker, Davis and Stevenson law firm, lives in Atlanta, GA, from Bowie, MD and she's married.

 

 

Reading over that line a couple times, he can't help the feeling of regret that washes over him.  He always knew that she'd wind up with a husband and a family.  She just seemed like the type of girl that wanted those things for herself.  He learns that the little girl resting in her lap is her daughter Soleil and says that she's her family is the reason her world revolves.  He wants so badly to reach out to her, just to see how she's been over the past six or seven years it's been since they last spoke.  She was a junior in college and he had just wrapped the ‘Celebrity' tour.  It was also three days before he were to wed his middle school sweetheart.

 

 

Josh and Mayra had always had crushes on each other.  Being four years her senior, he thought it was inappropriate to have any kind of feelings for the girl with the grown woman's body.  She was beautiful, always have been.  He thought that sending her a message couldn't hurt so he carefully thought of what to say that wouldn't border on inappropriate and hit send.  If she responded, awesome but if not, that's cool too.  The last thing he wanted to do was to throw off her everyday life.  Hell, it's not even like he meant all that much to her anymore.  After sending the message, he signed off and looked at the time.  He knew it was about that time to get breakfast ready for his family and the sudden urge to see his wife made him rise.  He shut down the computer and walked out of the room, ready to start his day.  The thought of Mayra's smile littered his thoughts and that brought a smile to his face as well. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync jc