JC couldn't sleep, which was kind of like a slap to the face because his nickname was "Sleepy". No matter how many times he counted sheep, counted backwards from 100, and even listening to his own breathing didn't work.

Letting out a sigh, he propped up the pillows he had just been laying on and crossed his arms over his stomach. It was really quiet outside. The fans must’ve gone away or they were sleeping outside.

Lucky.

JC wished he could get to sleep but his mind was running one hundred miles a minute. Their CD was going to drop soon. Their debut in the US. It would make or break them. He wouldn’t say that he was excited about it coming out, more like anxious to hear what everyone thought of their music. Curious to wonder if anyone would give them a chance and not just shut them out as Backstreet wannabes.

JC pushed back the covers of his bed. Insomnia won. He padded over to the curtains that covered the doors which lead to the small balcony. He made sure he was as quiet as possible as to not wake up Justin. He didn’t know why, Justin could sleep through a bomb blast.

JC let out a breath and rested his arms on the railing of the balcony, glad that no ear-piercing shriek was heard. He loved his fans, he appreciated their support, but he didn’t want them to ruin that moment.

Most of the lights on the street where out so he could see the stars. It’s been a while since he was able to just look at the stars on a relaxing night. He easily spotted Ursa Major and Minor, Sirius, and the Big and Little Dipper.

He went to spot another one when a moving star caught his eye. A falling star. He bit his lip and then closed his eyes, performing one of his old rituals from childhood. He squeezed his eyes tight, wishing really hard on the falling star. He opened his eyes and saw that the star was long gone.

A tiny smile was on his face as he turned around and went back to bed.

Suddenly, he felt that everything would fall into place.

Everything would be fine.

 


Completed
Mack_Attack22 is the author of 55 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Stargazing also liked 71 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Are You Gonna Be There. The previous story in the series is Hacky Sack. The next story in the series is The Cinnamon Challenge.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story