Story Notes:
Dont own anything but the story.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy early birthday JC and fans.
Apologize

Rylie's eyes narrowed "What did you just say to me?"

Leaning against the bar with a smirk JC replied in a slight slurred voice "Oh you know you want me, but you are too scared I'll turn into Brett."

Shaking her head, Rylie looked at JC and grabbed her purse "That's it I'm leaving, JC Call me or Text when you are sober." 

Seeing his friend walk out of the restaraunt, JC knew she was angry and he knew that he had hurt her. Now he just had to sober up by getting some sleep and call her in the morning, but first he decided to say goodbye to his remaning friends "hey, i know you all want to continue to celebrate my birthday, but I need to go to bed and grovel to Riley for being a complete jerk." With that he shook his head and left the restaraunt. 

JC got into his car and decided to drive to her house. as he pulled out of the parking lot JC could see headlights. Then heard the screeching of tires and felt his own body being jerked in different directions. All he could do was pray that he got out of this in one piece.

Rylie opened the garage door and entered her home, the tears she had shed at JC's comments had brought her to a new understanding that her best friend was an egotistical jerk. She sighed as she plopped down onto the couch and turned on the tv to catch the news.

"Lacey what are the updates?" the studio anchorman asked as he  turned to his partner. 

"yes, Tim. Former Nsync member and current judge on MTV's America's Best Dance Crew, JC Chasez was leaving LA's Hottest restaraunt only to come face to face with an oncoming car. He was sent to cedar sinai hospital in critical condition. According to police Alcohol is to blame. Back to you Tim." Lacey replied.

Rylie let out a sob as she hurried out to her car, she grabbed her keys, phone, and purse. "please let him be ok." she cried as she drove her way to the hospital.

Paparazzi were at the entrance to the hospital awaiting news as to JC's condition. Pushing her way through Rylie heard several paps trying to get her reaction, but once she was in the safety of the hospital, she let out a sigh. She walked over to the nurses station, to see if she could get any information on JC. 

"hi, my name is Rylie Hansen and I need to know what room JC Chasez is in." Rylie asked with urgency. 

The woman sitting at the nurses station nodded "are you family?"

Shaking her head Rylie knew that she would not be allowed to see him, tears formed in her eyes "I know that you need to keep with patient confidentiality, but please he is my best friend. If anything happens to him, I wont forgive myself." She began to sob. 

"Rylie" a familiar voice called out to her. Rylie turned to see Justin Timberlake practically run toward her "come on, C needs you up there." With that he escorted her to JC's room. 

Rylie stood just outside the door as she took a deep breath preparing herself for the worst, Justin pointed to a chair in the hall "I'll be right there if you need anything."

Rylie then opened the door to see JC laying in a hospital bed with tubes of all kinds hooked to her friend's fragile body. Slowly making her way to the side of his bed, The tears that threatened to come began to pur from her eyes. "JC..." she whispered as she took his hand into her own, "you idiot, you could have called a cab." 

Rylie tried to make her side of the conversation normal so that if JC was listening, he knew that she was being strong for him. As she sat down in the chair, her eyes watched as a monitor showed his heart rate. "You know, you are right I like you, no" Rylie shook her head "I love you, I cant imagine life without you calling me at 3 AM because you just had to play me a song that you just finished." her light laughter filled the room. 

She ran her free hand over JC's forehead while her other hand held his hand. "JC, you cant leave me." she laid her head onto his shoulder. 

A light knock at the door caused Rylie to let her gaze leave her friend she called out to the visitor "come in."

The doctor entered the room "Hi, Im Dr. Wilkins, you must be Rylie." the older woman held out her hand.

Confused as to how this woman knew her name, Rylie shook her hand "yes, how did you.." 

Before Rylie could finish Dr. Wilkins smiled. "This was in his jacket." she held out a ticket with a picture of JC and Rylie two days before at a concert, she begged him to go to with her.

Rylie laughed at the look on his face in the picture then turned her attention to the doctor "is he going to make it?"

Nodding her head Dr. Wilkins smiled "he should be fine, its just a matter of when he'll wake up. He came in with a broken wrist, His shoulder was dislocated and he has a broken rib. The car was hit head on by a car that was traveling at 60 in a 30 mph area." Looking over to her patient Dr. Wilkins sighed "he must have angels watching over him, he should have died at the scene." 

A low groan came from the bed, Rylie quickly went to JC's side "JC, I'm here." Slowly opening his eyes JC groaned again. 

Dr. Wilkins went to the opposite side of the bed "Welcome to the land of the living, do you know where you are? If yes blink once, if no blink twice. 

JC's eyes looked around the room, then looked at the Doctor he the blinked once. Rylie cried with joy as she hugged JC carefully.

A couple days later JC's health was better and he was off of life support, Rylie sat next to him as he ate his lunch, JC smiled sheepishly "You know I have a confession to make."

Rylie's eyes narrowed at him "If you tell me that you were the one who tp'd my house when i was in high school, you are cleaning my bathroom for a month." 

Raising his hand, JC laughed "no, but i wanted to say Im sorry for saying those things to you at my party, it was rude, it was insensitive." he took her hand and kissed the palm of her hand before he let their fingers intertwine "I love you too." His eyes watched hers as her head shot up to look at him.

"You heard me?" Rylie's eyes pierced JC's heart.

Nodding his head JC continued "After I get out of here, how about we go on a date, an official date?"

Folding her arms over her chest, Rylie shook her head "how can I say no when you smile like that, yes I would love that." with that JC kissed her cheek.

Completed
musiccrazedjazzy is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Apologize also liked 8 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story