Story Notes:
Aug. 5th 11:05 P.M. -I'm so sorry this is being posted late, but I ended up being away from home all day after some plans came up. Then I had a couple technical diffculties. It is before midnight central and pacific time though. ;)
I was sitting alone at a table for two, while watching the other patrons in the Starbucks. With my venti vanilla latte in hand, my eyes roamed around. There was an old man who kept giving me a creepy smile. I tried not to cringe and looked the other way, while I drank my latte. On the other half of the café there was a young man sitting alone as well. I noticed his eyes were blue, but not even close to the blueness of my handsome beau’s eyes. I sighed, looking at my watch, realizing it had been a good twenty minutes and I was still alone. He was late a lot and busy too, but I was beginning to think he was ditching me. I sipped some more on my latte and then looked over at the door as I heard it open. Once again it wasn’t my man. It was a young woman, around my age, with a toddler who was crying. A sight like that always made me wonder if I’d ever have a child. At this point in my life, I was just content in the relationship I was in. The kids could come later, but hopefully he’d be the father.

A couple more minutes passed and then I saw him. Before he could even step into the café all the way, I chuckled to myself. He hadn’t bothered to take off the bloody scrubs he’d been wearing for his upcoming movie. As he walked in, I motioned him over with my hand and smiled widely. He grinned just as wide and then slid into the chair that was across from me.

“Hey sweetheart. I almost thought you weren’t going to show.” I admitted, looking into his crystal, blue eyes.

“Yeah, sorry I’m late. I got done with filming as soon as I could.” He said with a sympathetic smile. I laughed then.

“I can tell. You didn’t even bother to get out of costume.” He looked down at what he was wearing and blushed.

“Oh gosh..totally forgot to take the scrubs off.”

“I know you’re forgetful.” I smirked.

He stuck his tongue out and then he stripped the blue, fake blood splattered scrubs off of his body. It was then I noticed the orange t-shirt that covered his upper body perfectly. Oh how I loved orange on him. It brought out his eyes and made me want to have my way with him.

“Mmm..Dr. Drury is hot in normal clothes.”

He chuckled. “That’s Dr. Chasez to you.”

“Oh boy, then can I schedule an appointment?”

“You’ve always got an appointment with me.” He winked.

I leaned across the table and dipped my head slightly, placing a gentle kiss to his lips. I could still taste the spearmint from his mouthwash. Not to mention his lips were perfection and molded with mine like two pieces of a puzzle. I could kiss him forever. He responded by deepening our kiss and when he pulled back, licked his lips. It was so sexy whenever he did that.

“Damn, sugar. You taste delicious today.” He said smoothly.

“Mmm..you’re the one who’s delicious.”

We then both laughed and it just felt so good to be together. His gaze then went to my drink.

“ I see you’ve got your venti vanilla latte as usual.” I nodded.

“Yep, so get yourself something. I know you’ve been on set all day.” He shook his head.

“Maybe in a couple moments. Right now I just want to enjoy my Kassidy.”

“Then I guess I will enjoy my Joshua.”

He grinned. “Good. So how has your day been?”

“Okay, I guess. I had to deal with this client who I was ready to kill. Then I had some new intern come by my office and scream, ‘ Why is there a photo of you and JC Chasez together on your desk?’”

He laughed. “That’s easy to answer.”

“Well yeah..but I only told her I knew you. If I told her you’re my boyfriend, she would have had a heart attack.”

“Most likely.”

I reached for his hand across the table and intertwined our fingers. He squeezed back. I love it when he made a gesture like that, not to mention the way our hands felt right together.

“So how was your day on set?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “ Alright. I didn’t pass out from needles or blood.”

I grinned and ran my thumb over the top of his hand. “Aww..good. I’m glad you remained conscious for this coffee date.”

“Me too, sweetie.”
He squeezed my hand again and I squeezed in return. Then I reached my other hand out and moved it up to the top of his head. I placed it into his brown hair, that was thick, but soft to the touch. I ruffled it some so it wouldn’t be smashed down anymore. I could play with his hair and never tire of it.

“Hey!” He cried out playfully.

“What?” I giggled.

“Don’t mess with the hair.”

“Too late. I already did.”

He pouted, but quickly replaced it with another signature smile. I moved my hand out of his hair and picked my drink back up.

“Kass, how would you like to go to Australia?” I almost dropped my drink as he finished the question.

“Why? Umm..why you ask?” I stuttered and he chuckled slightly.

“ ‘Cause I have some time off from America’s Best Dance Crew now and I know you’ve always wanted to go.”

That was true. I had always dreamt of visiting the ‘land down under’. There was no way I could turn the offer down. JC and I in Australia sounded heavenly.

“Of course, I’ll go!”

“Awesome. I’ll get us plane tickets, book a hotel, and all that fun stuff.” My face stretched into the hugest smile ever and I was amazed. I had no idea why this was really happening to me, but I knew I loved this man who was going to make it possible.

“Your face is going to stay like that.” He teased.

I quickly softened my smile and then sighed. “So why are we going?”

“I already told you. I have some down time now and you’ve always wanted to go.”

“Yeah, but what’s the real reason for us going?”

He chuckled. “ Well hopefully to celebrate…”

“Celebrate what?”

“Umm…” He scratched his neck. I could tell he was nervous. Something was definitely up.

“Umm…what?”

“Umm…you’ll see.” I tossed him a look of confusion.

He stood up from his chair then and cleared his throat. “I’m going to order a drink now.”

I nodded and watched him get in line. I felt my cheeks heat up as I realized I was staring at his ass that fit perfectly in his jeans. He was a denim guy for sure. It just hugged him in all the right places. I waited for him to join me again so I could figure out what the big mystery of the Australia trip was.

After he placed his order he waited at the end of the counter for his drink. I noticed a couple young girls approach him. I sighed hoping they wouldn’t bother him too much. I knew he was gracious with his fans and he handled them very well. It was one of those things I admired so much about him. He always treated everyone he came into contact with like they were special and truly mattered. I watched one of the girls hand him a sharpie and he chuckled as he then signed the side of her coffee cup. He then gave her a hug and waved as the two girls then exited the café.

He looked back at me and winked, then went back to waiting for his drink. They finally called out ‘venti chai latte’ and I smiled, knowing it was his. He picked it up and then he walked back over to the table, with a little swagger in his step.

“Have a nice time with the fans?” I asked as he sat down again with his drink. He nodded his head.

“Yup. As usual.” I smiled and then watched him sip on his latte.

He then set it on the table after guzzling more down. He licked his lips and then looked at me. His gaze was strong and my heart rate picked up.

“Kassidy, I love you. I just appreciate the way you’ve stuck by me the past couple years and the way you never get jealous by any other girls whether they are fans or not. I just never had anyone like you in my life before you. Now that I have you, I don’t really feel like letting you go.” I gasped, slightly and then quickly smiled.

I didn’t really know why he was saying all this at this moment, but it meant so much to me. I felt the same way about him. Before JC, I had been through some traumatic relationships and he’d become my saving grace.

I bit on my bottom lip and then looked into his eyes, even if I felt like electricity was zapping through me. “I love you too, Josh. I have since day one and I still do today. I don’t want to let you go either, baby.”

He smiled widely and I knew he was happy with my response to his own words. He then leaned across the table kissing me gently, his lips lingering for a second. It was such a tease the way he did that. So, I quickly grabbed him closer again and kissed him harder. Yet, I pulled away a moment later remembering we were indeed in Starbucks still.

“Mm..wow.” He chuckled, as he licked his lips and then lifted his chai latte back up to his mouth. He swallowed some more of the beverage and then he looked at me.

“Sugar, why don’t you get a muffin? You always get a blueberry muffin.” I shook my head.

“Not today. I’m just not feeling up for one.” He scowled.

“But…it’s like tradition.” I laughed.

“Why does it matter so much?” He then played it off by shrugging his shoulders.

“What’s going on, babe? Oh..and what about Australia again? What celebration?” I asked, remembering that I wanted to know what the two of us would be celebrating there.

He waved his hand in the air, as if to shush me on the matter. “Just get a muffin.”

“I don’t want one.” I reiterated.

“Fiiiine…then at least share one with me?” He asked in a boyish voice.

“Not unless you tell me what we’re suppose to celebrate in Australia.”

He got this nervous look again and then stood up from the table. “Dammit, woman, just let me get a muffin and we’ll share it. Okay!?”

Wow..he totally got fierce. I just nodded my head, knowing he’d simmer down if he got what he wanted.

I remained at the table as he got back into line. I watched as the cashier took a muffin out of the case and then handed it over to him. Then his hand went into his pocket ad I saw something shiny in his hand. I figured it had to be change for the odd cents of the subtotal for the baked good. Yet, it took him a moment longer to actually return. He’d gone over toward the counter where the straws, napkins, etc., were and looked to be busy doing something.

I had no clue what he was up to, but I waited until he finally did rejoin me. Yet, when he came back to the table, he kept his one arm behind his back. That arm was the one holding the muffin. I looked at his empty hand before me and then looked up at him curiously.

“Okay, what’s going on?”

“Mm..nothing.” He smirked.

“Yeah there is something. You’re hiding the muffin behind you.”

“Sooooo.”

“Sooooo , sit down and set it on the table so we can share it.” I demanded, with a hint of sass in my voice.

He sighed.. ”Well, okay. If you insist.”

I watched him sit down again and then he placed the muffin in the middle of the table. I noticed it was blueberry indeed. Then I noticed something sparkling from the top of it.

“What’s in the muffin?” I asked, almost chuckling.

“Pick it up. It might be a buried treasure.” The expression he wore was a wide grin.

I picked the muffin up and then it dawned on me. The shiny object he’d taken out of his pocket was what was ever now in the muffin. I looked at it better and then tore some of the muffin away.

My mouth opened and my jaw dropped. There was a huge diamond ring, that was indeed looking like an engagement ring. I pulled it out and then held it out to him.

“Is this what I think it is?” I asked, my voice shaking.

He nodded and took the ring from me. “Kassidy, I’ve loved you since our world’s collided and the way you make me feel is beyond anything I’ve ever felt with anyone else. I would be honored to share the rest of my life with you.”

Then he slipped out of his chair and moved to the floor, bending down on one knee. “Will you marry me?”

I shook in disbelief, but happiness as well. My fairytale was coming true and now I’d always have my best friend and lover by my side.

He held out the ring and he looked at me, waiting for an answer. All the hope in the world was in his eyes. I couldn’t keep him waiting any longer. I knew the answer was definitely yes.
“Yes, baby. Yes, I’ll marry you.”

He sighed with relief and then reached for my left hand. He slid the ring onto my ring finger and we both looked at it in awe then. It was an amazing ring and now it symbolized that we were engaged.

He then stood up from the floor and then leaned in toward me, kissing my lips. I kissed him in return, it hitting me that now these lips were truly all mine to enjoy.

As I pulled back from his lips, our eyes met and I smirked. “So is this what we’re suppose to go celebrate in Australia?”

He smiled sheepishly and then returned to his seat. “Yeah..”

“Amazing. Now I get to go on a trip with my devastatingly, handsome fiancé.

“And I now have a gorgeous fiancée.” I blushed and then sighed contently. I moved out of my seat and then moved over to his seat to sit in his lap.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up at him happily. “Thanks for making this the best coffee date ever, not to mention the best day of my life.”

He nodded and then chuckled. “No, thank you for making that the most worthwhile purchase of a muffin in my life.”

I chuckled at that, always finding his words to be adorable. I then glanced back at the muffin at the table. “Yeah, I’ll agree. Thanks for buying the muffin even when I said I didn’t want one. ‘Cause now I‘m ready to share it with you.”

“I’m ready to share my whole life with you.” He said softly and kissed my cheek.

“As am I, babe. But you know what?”

“What?”

“As much as I love blueberry muffins, they aren’t my favorite kind after all.”

He looked at me confused. “No?”

“Nope. I like stud muffins. They’re quite delicious.”

He then chuckled. “Am I a stud muffin?”

“Damn straight.” I exclaimed adamantly.

He chuckled again. “Oh Kass…”

I grinned. “ I can’t help it. You’re a stud and you’re delicious. Mmm..and now you’re my fiancé…soon to be husband.”

“Those are definitely some amazing words.”

“So are ‘at the end of the day’, but you don’t see me using them all the time!” I teased.

He then swatted at my bottom. “Hey…hey!” I simply laughed.

“Okay, my dear fiancée who loves being oh so kind, let’s get out of here now. We’ve got to go home and practice for the Australia trip and well for the rest of our lives.”

“Practice the sex?”

“Yes.” He said picking me up and holding me tight in his arms.

“I think we know how to do that already..”

“Well yeah, but I haven’t taught you all 100 ways yet.” He smirked.

“Oh then come on, take me home!” I cried out excitedly and truly happier in that moment than any other in my life.

I had found my tall, dark, and handsome prince and my heart felt complete. He would keep me feeling whole for the rest of my life. As for going to Starbucks for coffee, I’d never look at it the same again.









Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to anyone who reads this and enjoys it. I know it's written in the time frame of a few years ago, but I hope it still floated some people's boats. Also to anyone reading Hold My Heart, don't think I've forgotten about it. I'm trying to get my mojo back and into my writing. :)

Completed
harmonysparkle is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Love, Lattes, and a Stud Muffin also liked 49 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story