( Uno .

I shot up, rubbing my eyes, beads of sweat dotted on my forehead. It was the same thing almost every night: I'm inside Journey's, and I'm about to grab the latest and last pair of VANS, when this skank, whose face I can't make out, comes and snatches them right off the shelf. I'm almost drawn to tears every night, because I never get a chance to kick her ass. I always wake up. I pushed my hands through my hair, getting out of bed. It was a little past 10:30 in the morning. I wasn't too fond of being up so early on a Friday but I might as well start my day.

I pulled off my pajamas, placing a borrowed white undershirt and my pair of denim shorts across the bed. I poked my head through the door, and began to walk to the bathroom. I figured I could walk about 8 feet naked to the bathroom since I had to grab a towel from the linen closet, anyway. As I closed the bedroom door behind me, I started toward the closet. My hand barely touched the doorknob when I heard a door swing open.

"Whoa..."

Shit, luck would have it that way. Okay, so maybe I forgot to mention that I wasn't at MY house, rather someone else's. I turned around, not even bothering to cover myself. This person has seen me naked plenty of times, anyway, why hide now? I watched the pair of eyes scan across my body repeatedly, finally settling on my face.

"Stare much?" I asked, shaking my head in shame.

"I'm sorry. I know it's been awhile but......your body still does things to me," he smiled.

I rolled my eyes, finally grabbing a towel from the closet. "Well wipe up the drool, K?"

"Zahra Camden."

Yes. It is I.

"Joshua Chasez."

Yep, it's him.

"How long are you gonna stay upset with me? It was the past, I've long put it behind me," he said.

"I'll stay upset with you for as long as I want," I snipped.

"You can't be upset with me in my own house."

I scoffed. "I'm only here because my condo is being painted, but if you're going to throw that in my face, I can go stay at my mother's."

That wasn't true. My condo was painted last week, but JC and I had some rifts in the past, so of course he wouldn't have known that. The real reason I was at his house for this entire weekend? His birthday was tomorrow. JC's gonna be 35, which means, good Lord, I'll be 31 soon. JC thinks I'm upset with him because of some past things that happened between us, but I've gotten over those. I just need an air of mystery surrounding me. I've been planning this since last month and the next piece of the puzzle is almost in place.

JC lunged for me, and took my arm. By this time I had placed the towel in front of me, clamping it in the back. He stared down into my eyes, knowing I had his body melting since he'd opened that door. After everything we'd been through together, there was still a teenage fresh, boiling tension between us. Being in this space, for two days together, this was the most I let him speak to me before I snapped and pushed him away. I'm such a brilliant actress.

"I guess your body still does things to me, too," I whispered breathlessly.

"Zahra, I don't know how many more times I can apologize for all the mistakes I made, but I'll keep doing it until you call me your best friend again."

I was 12 all over again, sitting in the front row at the MGM Studio next to Celeste, being apart of the MMC experience. Watching a talented and gorgeous teen sing and dance across the stage. Looking away when those beautiful pair of eyes latched onto mine for the first time. I feel like JC was made to be in my life forever, because no matter what...we just couldn't stay away from each other. Almost like magnets.

"JC you never stopped being my best friend, I was just angry at you."

"Then don't let this be the last time I see you in almost two years. I've tried to hate you, worried about you....but most of all I missed you. I've missed you so much," he said, placing his arms around my waist, and pulling me into him for a hug. I can honestly say I don't remember the last time we hugged each other, let alone touched. It's been longer than two years, that I know. I finally registered what was happening and placed my arms around his neck, my towel being kept on by his tight embrace.

"I missed you, too."

He let me go and I quickly grabbed my towel before it fell. I did miss him. I let myself drift away from him. JC went on his way, which stunned me beyond belief. He....he just walked away from me wearing a towel. Was this the Twilight Zone or something? In what universe was that possible? I don't know if I'm proud that he didn't think with his pants, or plain disappointed. Either way, I went on and took my shower.

Tonight was going to be amazing....at least I planned it to be. My secret weapon was a key to making this whole sour weekend one we would never forget. Whether it was wanted or not. What's my secret weapon, you ask? Can't say, not yet. But I WILL say that...it's not a what, but possibly a....who. I crept back into JC's spare room and quickly put on his shirt and my shorts after moisturizing my skin with lotion. I slipped my feet back into my white VANS and bounced down the stairs. I walked, feeling like every part of this house was somehow mine. Knowing every patch and repair JC and I tried to do ourselves, but failed miserably at.

I walked into the kitchen and JC smiled. I was determined to bring out that goofy, silly, guy I practically grew up with this weekend. He wasn't that way on television....okay, except that video bomb thing he did. THAT was hilarious. Yeah, I still kept up with him, I didn't purposely stay away, things just sort of drifted. I was almost surprised when he was so welcoming to me, but I soon realized that JC was as sweet and generous as they came. He always told me my home was his. It makes me wonder if that can ever be more than just a friendly remark one day.

"Stop stressing," I said as I sat down at the high kitchen counter. JC scrunched up his face and I giggled at how cute he looked.

"Watchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" he mused. "What makes you think I'm stressing?"

"I don't know...women's intuition? I feel it. Whatever it is, though, don't worry about it. And if it's something you're trying to go for....go for it," I said.

JC took a moment to just look at me. Of all his looks, I was fairly new to this one. It was equivalent to him trying to study me or something like that. He shyly smiled.

"You're a psychic now?" he teased.

"When it comes to you, I probably am," I said. "Hey...you don't have anything planned for your birthday, right?"

"You remembered?"

I gaped at him. "Joshua, don't make me kick you, of course I remembered."

JC laughed. "I'm kidding, loved that look. I don't have anything planned, though. Why? Planning something for me?"

"Maybe," I replied.

"Really now....what is it?" he curiously asked.

"I'm not telling you, dork," I laughed.

"Aww, come on." I shook my head and stayed quiet. "Hmm...is it something I can taste?"

I licked my lips and held my smile together. Nice to see that fierce sexual prowler was still in business.

"I'm not even gonna entertain that," I responded.

"I know, but you're completely dying to," he grinned.

"Ugh Josh. Look, all I'll tell you is to keep tomorrow night clear. Things might have started out awkward, but you won't ever forget this weekend."

"Deal. But, it's only fair to say that....you won't forget it, either."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: threeway jc justin