Author's Chapter Notes:

Sequel to:  Have U Ever
By: Michelle Chavez
© 2003

Chapter 21

“What do you mean you’re not married?  You’re not husband and wife?  I thought you said..” JC trailed off, completely shocked.  Of all the things he could have imagined this was not one of them.

“I know what I said.  But it was all a lie.  Me and Tommy were never really married, we were just pretending to be married.” she explained.

“Why would you pretend to be married to someone, Abby?  Was it so you would have an excuse to stay away from me?” he questioned somewhat angrily, his emotions getting the best of him.

“It had nothing to do with you, JC.  Nothing at all.” Abby defended.

“Then why the hell would you pretend to be married to someone?  Why did you not come to me and tell me about our daughter?  Why did you let this asshole raise my daughter for the first year of her life?  What the hell is going on, Abby?  You need to explain this to me, because I really don’t understand.” JC said as he got up and began pacing the room.

Abby sighed.  He wasn’t screaming at her which was a good sign, but he was upset.  Understandably so.  But she would have given anything at that moment to not have to go through the whole thing.

“Tommy’s gay.” Abby stated.

“Tommy’s what?” JC questioned in disbelief.

“Tommy, is a friend of Mark’s.  He and Mark used to date, and a couple months before Mark died, he and Tommy broke up because Tommy got this CEO job out in Vegas for the Venetian.”  she paused when JC came back over and sat down on the sofa beside her, giving Abby his full attention.

“Well, Tommy was never let’s say out of the closet.  His family didn’t and still doesn’t know that he’s gay.  His and Mark’s relationship was really kept between them and close friends.  No one in Tommy’s family knew about Mark, other than thinking he was just one of Tommy’s buddies.  But well they came to a mutual agreement when Tommy got the job, to just end things because neither of them wanted to deal with a long distance relationship.”

“OK, but what does that have with you?” JC asked.

“Well, after everything that happened with us.  You know when I left, I went back to Indy for a lil’ while.  Then came out to Vegas to stay with Mahogany after I found out I was pregnant.  I was freaking out, and I didn’t know what to do.  I was trying to determine how to tell you about the pregnancy.  I had every intention of telling you.  Well, me and Mo were out one day and we ran into Tommy.  He asked me to have lunch with him, so we could catch up because we hadn’t seen each other since he had left Cali.  We were good friends then.  He wasn’t just Mark’s boyfriend, he was a friend of mine.” she explained.

“Keep going.” JC coaxed when she paused and it seemed like she wasn’t going to go on any further.

“Well, we met for lunch a couple days later.  He told me about everything that was going on with him, and I told him about me.  You know we caught up.  No big deal.  We had always been good friends and didn’t have any problems talking to each other about our lives.  Well, then a few days later, he showed up at me and Mo’s apartment.  He said he had an idea.  He knew I was freaking out about the pregnancy and everything and so he had come up with the whole idea that we could get married, and he would raise the baby with me.  He had always been real good with kids, and wanted kids of his own, but you know that whole same sex orientation thing kinda gets in the way of all that.  And I guess he was worried that people around his office were going to find out about his personal life, so he thought that it would work for both of us.  We would get married, and I would play is happy dotting wife for all their business functions, and I would have a father for my baby and I wouldn’t have to face you.”

“And you agreed to that?  Because you didn’t want to face me?  You hated me that much?”

“JC, I never hated you.  I just couldn’t face you because I was humiliated.  I knew you cared about me as a friend, but you made it clear that night that it was only as a friend.  Or so you said then.  And I didn’t want to come back into your life and tell you I was pregnant and have to deal with that uneasiness.  I was SO in love with you JC.  I would have done ANYTHING for you.  My heart was broken and I couldn’t stand the thought of being around you and having to fight those feelings.  It was too stressful, and I didn’t need that on top of being pregnant.  So after a lot of consideration and talking about it with Mahogany, who by the way was totally against it, I finally came to the conclusion that it was for the best.  Tommy would have his make shift family.  You wouldn’t get any bad publicity for having children out of wedlock, and I wouldn’t have to face you.  A win, win for everyone.”

“Abby, how could that be a win, win?  I missed being by your side while you were pregnant.  I missed taking you to your appointments.  Being there for the ultrasound thingies.  I missed being there when she was born, and helping you.  I missed everything.  I would have been by your side one hundred percent.  I would have taken care of you.”

“I know you would have, JC.  Because that’s the kind of guy you are.  But don’t you understand.  I was in LOVE with you.  And you weren’t in love with me.  I couldn’t stand being around you while you were being all loving and supportive, AS A FRIEND.  I would have gone insane!”

“But Abby I was in love with you.  I still AM in love with you.  You know all of that!” JC protested.

“Yeah, now!  I didn’t know that then!” she defended.

JC sighed.  “OK, let’s not get into all of that right now.  You said that you agreed to marry him, but you just told me that you’re not married that it was pretend.  What’s that about?”

“Well, when I agreed with Tommy it was on the condition that we didn’t really get married.  I told him I would pretend.  That I would go along with whatever he told everyone, but that I couldn’t really marry him.  You know that’s something I take very seriously, we talked about that.  I couldn’t take those vows, if I didn’t really mean them in my heart.  Not for real.  I couldn’t marry someone I didn’t love.”

“What about your family?  I seen pictures at your house of your wedding, Abby.” JC protested remembering all of the wedding photographs he had wanted so badly to burn.

“We did have a wedding.  But it wasn’t real.  My family knew it was a hoax, I told my mom.  She of course was against it too, but she knew why I was doing it and after several attempts to talk me out of it, gave up and just went along with it.  The wedding was pretty much all just a show.  A big act we put on for Tommy’s family and co-workers.  It wasn’t even that big.  Just my parents and a few of my family members and friends, all of which knew it wasn’t real.  Most of the guests were Tommy’s family, and people he worked with.  It was all an act, JC.”

“So that’s why you were worried about the media finding out?  Because so many people you know, knew that it wasn’t real.  Were you worried that one of them would rat you out or something?” JC asked, trying to link all the pieces together so it would all make sense.

“NO.  I was worried because there’s no wedding certificate.  There’s no record of our marriage on file, because there was no marriage.  That’s why so far the media hasn’t been able to find out when me and Tommy were married.  It wouldn’t have taken them much longer to figure out that there really wasn’t a marriage.  I didn’t want you and the guys to find out that way.  Plus, I knew that little revelation would cause a whole slew of other unwanted problems.” Abby sighed.

JC sat there, not saying a word as everything that Abby had just told him sunk in.  She wasn’t really married.  She never had been.  She didn’t love Tommy.  And although he was upset about her lying about the whole thing, he was relieved.  Because more importantly, she didn’t love Tommy and she wasn’t married, which meant there was nothing keeping them apart.

JC looked up at Abby and smiled, which totally caught Abby off guard.  “Why are you smiling?” she warily asked.

“This is like the best thing I’ve heard all day.” he said.

“Huh?” Abby asked confused.

“Well, I mean besides all the shit about why you did it, and all, but still this is like the best news.” he smiled moving closer to her on the sofa and pulling her into his arms.  Hugging her tightly to his chest.

Abby was completely baffled by this turn of events.  She expected him to be angry.  Stomping around the room in a fury.  Or at least yelling at her or scolding her or something.  But for him to be hugging her and telling her it was the best news he had heard.  Now that threw her completely off.

“JC, you’re confusing me.  What are you talking about?” Abby said pulling away from his embrace.

“Abby, you’re not married.  You don’t love Tommy.” he said as if it should explain everything.

“Yeah, I know.  I just told you all of that.” she said rolling her eyes.

“Don’t you see?  You’re not married.  You don’t love him.  There’s nothing keeping us from being together!  We can be a family.  Me, you and Kylie.  We can be the family we should have been this whole time.  This is great.” JC said getting up and walking around the room in search of the phone, totally oblivious to the fact that it had been laying right next to him on the sofa.

“What are you doing?” Abby questioned.

“Looking for the phone.  I need to call the guys and tell them.  And I need to call Johnny, so he can issue a new press release and clear up this whole thing about you being married.  I need to…”

Abby cut him off. “Whoa, whoa, whoa….hold up, JC!”

“What?” he asked innocently.

“What do you mean you have to call them?  What are you planning to tell them?”

“I’m going to tell them what you just told me.  That we can be together.  Tommy’s out of the picture.”

“JC…” Abby sighed.

He stared at her, trying to figure out why she wasn’t as excited about the whole thing as he was.  “Abby, why aren’t you happy?  We can be together.  We can be a family.  There’s nothing stopping us now.” he paused in thought, studying her as her eyes were cast to her lap, fidgeting with her hands.  “Wait.  Abby, do you not want to be with me?” he asked moving to sit beside her.

“JC, I…”

“NO!” he interrupted her, deciding he needed to speak from his heart.  “Abby, for almost the last two years I’ve had to live without you in my life, because I didn’t know where you were.  Cause I swear to you if I had known where you were, I would have come and found you.  Then one day out of no where I run into you again, and for the briefest moment I thought all my prayers had been answered, only to have you tell me you’re married.  I had to deal with the fact that I had lost you forever because I was too stupid to admit my feelings when I had the chance.  Because I let the greatest thing that ever happened to me get away.  And all because I was a fool.  But I’m not going to let this opportunity pass me by.  Not this time!”

Abby tried to speak, to interrupt, but JC continued.  “I know you still love me, Abby.  I can see it in your eyes whenever you look at me.  And the other night when we went out you told me you loved me.  Granted you were drunk and passed out when you muttered those three vital words, but you said them none the less, and I know you meant them.  Just like I meant them that night when I said them to you.  I was stupid then, but I’m not going to make the same mistake twice.  I’m not going to let you get away this time.  I love you, Abby.  I love you with all of my heart!  And I love Kylie.  Our beautiful daughter.  And we’re going to be a family.  Just like we should be.  I don’t care what I have to do.”

Abby was near tears from his declarations.  No other words he would ever say would mean as much to her as the ones he was saying at that moment.  She had waited so long to hear him tell her he loved her, with such determination and feeling.  So long just to hear him say those three words.  But she was scared.

JC was staring at her and he noticed a tear trickle down her cheek.  “Abby, why are you crying?  I thought you would be happy to know that I love you.  That I want to be with you.”

“It’s not that I’m not happy to hear you say all of that JC, it’s just…things are different now.  They’re not the same as they used to be.  There are complications.” she shook her head and looked down at her lap.

“There were complications before.  There will ALWAYS be some kind of complication, Abby.  But like I just told you, I don’t care about any of that.  I’m not going to let you get away from me again.  I will follow you to the end of the earth.  I don’t care.  I love you, and I love Kylie and that’s all that matters to me.  Nothing else matters.  Not my music, not my job.  NOTHING!  Only you and Kylie.”

“That’s not true and you know it, JC.  Your music and your job are very important to you.  If you didn’t have your music you would go insane.  You thrive on it.”

“But if I can’t have you and Kylie to go along with it then I don’t want it.  I’d gladly give it all up for you and Kylie, in a heartbeat.” he paused.  “Abby, I never thought anyone would be more important to me than my music.  That thought never crossed my mind.  But there is something.  Two something’s.  You and Kylie.  And I can’t just ignore it and turn the other way.  I have to follow my heart this time.  And my heart is leading me to you.  Please tell me that you want to be with me, Abby.  That you love me as much as I love you.  That you want us to be a family.  That we will be a family.” JC pleaded.

Abby looked up and met JC’s eyes, as another tear rolled down her cheek.  JC gently whipping it away with his thumb.  “JC, I do love you.  I love you more than life itself.  And YES, I do want to be with you.  I want us to be a family, but…”

“There are no but’s.  You love me.  You want us to be a family, then by God we’re going to be.  There are NO but’s, Abby.  There’s just you, me and Kylie.  And that’s all that matters.” he said staring into her eyes.

Abby shivered under his intense gaze.  All of his love and emotion was right there in his eyes for her to see.  She had always been able to pretty much know what JC was feeling by looking into his eyes, and right then.  Right there.  She could see all of the love that JC possessed for her and their daughter.  It was something she never thought she would see returned, but it was.  He loved her.  He wanted to be with her.  To be a family.

“I’m scared, JC.” she whispered.

“Why are you scared, Abby?  We’re together, there’s nothing to be scared of anymore.” he said, gently caressing her cheek, as he stared into her eyes.

“Tommy.  He’s going to be so angry, and I don’t know what he’s going to do.”

“You let me deal with him.  Don’t you worry about him.  I won't let him hurt you or Kylie.  I won't let him near you two.  EVER.”  he whispered, his eyes drifting over her face.  Studying her eyes, and then her nose, and finally her lips.

Abby was completely silent.  Lost in his gaze.  It was the most intense thing she had ever felt in her life.  None of the moments she had ever shared with him in the past could compare to this one.  None!

“I love you, Abby.  I love you SO much.” he whispered as he slowly began to lean in towards her lips.

Abby knew what was coming.  She knew he was going to kiss her.  And that was ok by her.  With a slight smile she looked into JC’s eyes.  “I love you too, JC.” she whispered back.

JC smiled at her briefly, before his lips met hers.
 
 
 
 
 

Chapter 22

JC’s hand slid around to the back of Abby’s neck, his fingers tangling in her long hair.  Abby’s hands slowly linked around JC’s neck as the kiss grew from soft and timid, to intense and overwhelming.

It had been so long since she had kissed him.  And NEVER had it ever been like this.  She thought the times before had been amazing, but there were no words to describe how this kiss felt.  To know that he was kissing her because he wanted to kiss her.  Because he loved her.  There were no ulterior motives.  No alcohol.  No jealousy.  No, this was not a lust driven kiss.  This was a pure and emotion filled kiss.  Something she had NEVER experienced with him before.  Something she never THOUGHT she would experience with him.  It was simply amazing.

As the intensity grew, the kiss became somewhat desperate.  They couldn’t get enough of each other.  It was as if they thought something was going to tear them apart and they would never have this opportunity again.

JC slowly began to lean Abby back on the sofa, hovering above her.  Their lips not parting for a second.  Their hands were clinging to each other, holding on for dear life, after all the time they had lost.

Finally JC’s lips broke from Abby’s only to venture down her jaw, to her neck.  He kissed his way down her neck to her collar bone, and then back up her neck to her ear where he whispered.  “I’ve waned to kiss you like this since I seen you in that mall in January.”

Abby closed her eyes.  She was in heaven.  It was almost like a dream, having him that close to her.  Kissing her.  Loving her.  If he never stopped kissing her it would be too soon.

And then there was Kylie.  Their moment of heaven between each other was disturbed by her cries from upstairs.  JC groaned and sat up, pulling Abby up with him.   “She’s got perfect timing.” JC grumbled.

Abby wanted to laugh.  The look of complete and utter annoyance on his face was too funny.  “I guess that’s her way of preventing us from doing something we shouldn’t.” Abby smirked as she got up to head upstairs to get Kylie.

“What do you mean doing something we shouldn’t?” JC called from the sofa, smiling at her.  Abby only gave him a knowing look in return, which JC could only laugh at.  He knew exactly what she meant, and she was right.  He had no doubt in his mind that if Kylie hadn’t of disturbed them, things would be getting very heated at that moment.  And even though he really wanted that, he knew that it was too soon.  He wanted their first time together as a couple to be special.  Something it never was before.

“I’m gonna go get her.” Abby said as she started up the stairs.

“OK, I’m gonna call the guys.” JC replied, digging the phone out from between the cushions of the sofa.

“Maybe you should wait on that, JC.” Abby said, but it was too late.  As soon as Abby disappeared up the stairwell, JC was on the phone.  Dialing away.
 


 

( Saturday Evening )

Abby stood before the full length mirror in the room she and Kylie had been staying in since they had arrived in Florida.  She was examining the black silk dress she was wearing.  It was one of the many gifts JC had surprised her with that early afternoon.

When she had gotten up that morning and went downstairs with Kylie to get them both some breakfast she found a note on the kitchen counter from JC stating that he had a couple of errands to run and he would be back in a couple hours.

Abby didn’t think anything of it because she knew he had a lot going on and he was a busy guy, so she just went about her morning routine.  Getting Kylie and herself something to eat, then giving Kylie a bath and getting her dressed before placing her in her crib in the room so she could retreat to a nice relaxing shower.

She had spent the whole morning thinking about the previous day.  How JC had defended her to Tommy.  How he had confessed his feelings to her, and she to him.  And how everything was SO different now.

It brought a smile to her face, to think about the way that JC acted around her.  The way they  had spent the remainder of the evening the night before, just sitting around on the sofa watching television and playing with Kylie.

JC had of course called the guys to share the good news with them, and they were all really surprised it had happened so quickly.  JC had told her that Chris said he knew it would happen eventually.  That they wouldn’t be able to fight their feelings forever.  And the fact that Abby wasn’t really married was just a true sign that they were supposed to be together.  Which of course made JC extremely happy to hear.

In all, the guys were completely supportive.  A bit shocked by the enlightening news that Abby was not really married and why she had said she was.  But all the same they were all overjoyed and extremely happy that the two had been able to work things out.  They had decided to leave the rest of the details as far as press releases or any official business regarding the matter until Monday to deal with.  Johnny said they should just take the weekend to themselves and enjoy their time together before anymore madness could hit.  And that’s what they had planned to do.

Abby had it in her head they would just spend the weekend at JC’s house being a family.  Just being together and enjoying each other’s company.  That was until his surprise when he arrived home that afternoon from his “errands”.

It turned out JC had spent the morning setting up a series of “top secret” plans, as he told Abby.  When he came home, he came bearing gifts.  A large bouquet of red roses.  And a large white box with a red ribbon rapped around it.

In that box was where Abby had found the dress that she was now wearing.  She had no clue how he knew her size, only guessing he either somehow called Mahogany to find out or he had snooped in her closet.  In a way it made her a little uncomfortable because she was still overly sensitive about her size, but she couldn’t be too upset.  He had picked out probably the most beautiful dress she had ever seen in her life.  And the way the silk felt against her skin was just incredible.

After she had opened her gift, JC had revealed some of his plans to her.  Only the parts that she had to know, the rest he refused to divulge any information on.  Basically he had set up a nice calm evening for them.  Abby knew by the dress that they were going somewhere, but she didn’t know where.  He had also arranged for his parents to take Kylie for the evening as well, so that he and Abby could have some time alone together.

Which brought her to where she was now.  Standing in front of that mirror admiring the beautiful dress JC had bought.  A dress she had no doubts was VERY expensive.  That in itself made her nervous.  She’d never worn anything quite like that before and she was terrified she would somehow ruin it.  But she was pushing aside any negative thoughts.  It was going to be an incredible evening.  They were going to have a great time.

The Chasez’s had picked Kylie up, just a little over and hour before and now she was ready to go.  JC said their reservations for dinner were for 8:00 and it was now 7:10.  It was show time.

Taking one last look over herself.  At the way the dress appropriately hugged her curves in all the right places.  At her long hair that she had pulled up into a French twist with a few tendrils framing her face.  And her lightly applied makeup.  She took a deep breath, smiled at her self and exited the room to head downstairs where JC was to be waiting on her.

JC heard Abby on the stairs and got up from the sofa and turned around.  His breath caught in his chest when his eyes landed on her as she descended the stairs.  “Abby, you look amazing.” he said in a hushed voice.  He was finding it hard to speak at all.

Abby smiled at him.  “Thank you.  This dress is amazing, JC.  You must have spent a small fortune on it and I’m not too happy about that thought.”

“Hush.  You’re worth every penny, so I don’t even want to hear it.” he said walking around to meet her at the bottom of the stairs.

Abby didn’t respond to his statement.  She wasn’t used to people telling her things like that, but she could get used to it.  And really fast.  It made her feel so incredible to know that someone thought that much of her.  Especially since that someone was JC.  And at the moment she couldn’t particularly tear her eyes away from him.  He was staring at her, as she was him.  He was dressed in a nice black suit, with a white shirt, and black tie.  He looked amazing.

“You look really handsome, JC.” Abby finally spoke.

“Not as amazing as you.” he whispered back as he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss at the corner of her lips.  He smiled at her as he pulled away.  “You ready for our date?” he asked.

Abby’s smile only grew at hearing those words.  “Never been more ready for anything in my entire life.”

“Great, let’s go then.” JC said offering her his arm.  And with that he lead her out of the house and out to his car, where he opened the door for her and shut it after she got in before going around to the driver’s side and climbing in.  And they were off.
 


 

The evening JC had planned for them was nothing short of amazing.  They had gone to one of the nicest restaurants in the city of Orlando.  A swanky little place downtown, that you definitely had to be someone important to get in to.

They had an incredible dinner there, and while they ate they talked about everything under the sun.  From what a good time they were both having, to what they had to look forward to come Monday.  But none of those worries fazed either of the two.  They were just so happy to be within each others company, spending time like that together.

After their dinner they then ended up at a nice little Jazz club that JC had told Abby he frequented when he was in town.  He knew that she shared his love for Jazz music, and it was a quaint little club, that was very intimate and peaceful.  They didn’t have to worry about being interrupted, it was almost as if they were the only two people in the whole place.

They spent the rest of their evening at the club either sitting holding hands in their small booth in a dark corner, lit mostly by candle light just listening to the music, or on the small wooden dance floor, dancing with each other.

Abby could not get over how romantic the whole evening had been.  It was like something out of a fairy tale for her.  It was what she had always dreamed of.  And JC was fulfilling that dream and so many more.

They arrived back at the house shortly after midnight.  Both were tired, but JC was not done with his special evening just yet.  He had one more thing he wanted to do, to top the night off.  He lead Abby into the family room and had her take a seat on the sofa, as he then made his way around the room lighting a few candles and then dimming the lights.

He picked up the remote to the stereo system off of the table and made his way back over to Abby, stopping briefly to pull one of the roses he had brought her earlier that day from the vase that had been place in on the coffee table.  He broke the stem down so that it was short and walked up to her, standing in front of her.  “Abby, I just have one more small request.”

She smiled at him.  “And what would that be?”

“I’d like it very much if you would dance with me.  But not to just any song.  But to a song that makes me think of you.  A song that I think can express to you how much I’ve missed you, and how much I love you in a way I can’t really do it with words.”

“I’d love to.” she smiled.

JC extended his hand to her, to help her up from the sofa and then lead her to the center of the room where he then placed the rose in her hair above her ear, and whispered.  “Just listen to the words, Abby.” before he clicked the remote and tossed it back across the room to the sofa, and took Abby into his arms as the slow beat of the music streamed through the stereo system.

It’s been so long since I touched your face
It’s been so long since I had a taste
It’s been so long since I had you here with me, yeah
It’s been so long since our yesterdays
It’s been so long since you went away
It’s been so long
I never thought I’d ever seen you again

So that’s why
Never gonna let you go
That’s why
Feel it’s time I let you know
That’s why
Baby girl don’t tell me no
Why don’t we try our love again
That’s why
You're the one that I should be with
That’s why
Miss you more than a little bit
That’s why
Think I’ve had about enough of this
Why don’t we try our love again

It’s been so long, it’s been quite a while
It’s been so long, since I seen that smile
It’s been so long, since I held you close to me, yeah
It’s been so long, so much has changed
It’s been so long, girl I’ll take the blame
It’s been so long
But I knew someday I’d see you again

So that’s why
Never gonna let you go
That’s why
Feel it’s time I let you know
That’s why
Baby girl don’t tell me no
Why don’t we try our love again
That’s why
You're the one that I should be with
That’s why
Miss you more than a little bit
That’s why
Think I’ve had about enough of this
Why don’t we try our love again

I used to have you here with me
I think about you constantly
And I just had to let you know
Can’t remember why I let you go
But here we got us a second chance
The essence of a true romance
And we don’t have to be alone
It’s time for you to come on home

So that’s why
Never gonna let you go
That’s why
Feel it’s time I let you know
That’s why
Baby girl don’t tell me no
Why don’t we try our love again
That’s why
You're the one that I should be with
That’s why
Miss you more than a little bit
That’s why
Think I’ve had about enough of this
Why don’t we try our love again

As the fading notes played out from the song, JC looked down into Abby‘s eyes.  “Can we try our love again?” he asked.

( Try Our Love Again ~ Brian McKnight )
 
 
 
 
 

Chapter 23

Abby smiled at JC as a tear slowly trickled down her cheek.  “Nothing would make me happier.” she whispered.

“Me either.” JC whispered back as he leaned in and kissed Abby tenderly.

Their swaying motion soon came to a stop as JC deepened the kiss, pulling Abby tightly against his body.  It was like the song said, he was never going let her ago.  Not now that he had her.  He wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice.

Abby laced her fingers through the curls at the base of JC’s neck pulling him closer to her.  She was so caught up in the emotions and feelings that were shooting through her body.  It was so captivating, nothing outside of her and JC existed at the moment.  And that’s just the way she liked it.

JC pulled back slowly from the kiss.  Gently nibbling on her lower lip, and placing butterfly kisses on the sides of her mouth, her cheek, her nose, her temple, as he did so.  “I love you, Abby.  I love you SO much!  Can I please make love to you?  And I mean REALLY make love to you.” JC said almost breathlessly.

Abby looked into JC’s eyes.  She could see the love and the yearning there.  And she could not deny the feelings she saw reflected in JC’s eyes, because she was feeling the exact same things he was.  There was nothing she wanted more in the world at that moment than for him to make love to her.  “Yes, JC.  I want us to make love.”

JC smiled and leaned down again to bestow another tender kiss upon her lips, he then pulled back and took her hand and lead her towards the stairs.  He lead her up the stairs, still holding her hand gently in his, and then down the hallway to his room.

They entered his room together, still hand in hand, JC shutting the door behind them.  He left her just inside the doorway, telling her to wait there for a moment while he rushed swiftly around the room, lighting more candles.  Then removing his suit jacket and his tie and laid them neatly across a chair in the corner of his room.

He then came back to Abby, standing before her.  “I want this to be special.” he told her softly.

Abby smiled at him.  “It’s already been the most incredible evening of my life, JC.  You couldn’t possibly make it anymore magical than it already has been.”

“We’ll see about that.” he smirked, and Abby couldn’t help but laugh at the sexual undertones of that statement.  “You think that’s funny?” he asked.

Abby just smiled at him, there was no way she could respond to that.

“Well, then I guess I’ll just have to prove it.” JC whispered as he leaned down and kissed her softly.

Abby’s hands slid up and around JC’s neck as his slid around her waist pulling her closer to him.  Slowly they moved towards the bed, their lips not parting for a second as the intensity grew, but the romantic tenderness never faltered once.

JC stopped their motion a couple feet from the side of the bed.  Moving his lips from Abby’s, trailing butterfly kisses and gently nibbling and licking his way down her neck to her shoulder.  Abby shivered at the electricity that was pulsating through her body from the things his mouth was doing to her skin.

JC slowly slid the spaghetti strap on her right shoulder over until it slid down on her arm, kissing the place where it once laid, then kissing his way around the base of her neck and collar bone over to her other shoulder, repeating the same action as he had with the other shoulder.

Once the straps were no longer in place it only took a gentle tug on his behalf, and the beautiful piece of black silk was a pool at Abby’s feet, leaving her clad in her black lacy panties and her strapless lacy black bra.

JC took that moment to admire her, which left Abby feeling rather self conscious and she raised her arms and crossed them over her stomach to try to hide herself from him.  JC’s eyes raised to hers and he smiled at her, gently pulling her hands away.  “Abby, you are so beautiful.  You don’t need to hide from me.  I appreciate everything you have to offer me.”

“It’s just....” Abby started to protest, but JC silenced her with his lips.

Kissing her again, his tongue slipping between her parted lips, dancing with hers.  He wrapped his arms around her once more, running his hand slowly up and down her practically bare back.

Abby’s hands played with the curls at the base of his neck momentarily before, sliding around to his chest, as she slowly began to work her way down his shirt, undoing the buttons.  After she finished with the buttons JC brought his arms back to his side to allow her to slip it off of his shoulders, the shirt falling to the floor.

Abby ran her hands over the hard muscles of JC’s chest, pulling her lips away from his to explore down his neck, and down his chest to his lower stomach just above the waistband of his slacks.  Her fingers diligently undoing his belt, and then the button of his pants, and on to the zipper, then pushing them down over his hips.  The slacks pooling at his feet.  JC kicked off his shoes, stepped out of the slacks and slung them off to the side, with his foot.

Abby then started kissing her way back up his stomach, over his chest, to his neck, gradually to his ear, taking it into her mouth, sucking gently on it.  JC quivered at her warm breath on his ear, he didn’t know how much longer he could hold out.  He had never wanted anyone as much as he wanted her at that moment.  She was driving him crazy.

He slid his hands up her back to the base of her neck, wanting to tangle his fingers in her hair.  He loved her long hair, it was so erotic and sexy.  Pulling at the pins that held her hair in tact, he quickly loosened her hair as their lips found their way back to each other, the intensity of this kiss, stronger than anything they had ever shared before.

As Abby’s hair fell free of it’s restraint, JC ran his fingers through the long back strands of it, then pulling out the rose that was still tangled in the hair above her ear.  He pulled away from their kiss, staring into her eyes.  “I love you, Abby.” he said softly.

“I love you too, JC.’ she replied as JC slowly ran the petals of the rose down the side of her face, down her neck, over her voluptuous breasts, and down over her stomach.  Taking his eyes away from hers to watch the rose, as it traveled down her body.

Abby closed her eyes and tilted her head back, overcome with the sensations he was creating within her.  Never did she know that a flower could be so sensual and erotic.

JC continued his path downward, running the flower over her pelvic bone and down her upper, inner thigh, a soft moan escaping Abby’s lips.  JC smiled, and slowly brought the flower back up her body, the same way it had gone down.  Running it up her neck and over her lips, looking back into her eyes.

Their eyes locked on each other and at that moment JC lost all restraint.  He couldn’t wait any longer.  The yearning and need he saw in her eyes, that he knew was reflected in his own, did him in.  His lips crashed upon hers, pulling her tightly against his body, the rose forgotten, falling to the floor.

JC moved them towards the bed, slowly and gently laying Abby back onto it, allowing her to scoot towards the middle before he climbed on the bed beside her, his upper body hovering above her.

Kissing down her neck, over her collar bone to the valley between her breasts, his hands exploring her body, as Abby was running her fingers through his hair, in pure pleasure from the sensations running through her at his warm mouth upon her skin.

JC found the front clasp to Abby’s bra, making quick use of his fingers with one snap it was open and fell away.  Abby arched her back slightly so JC could pull the lacy material away, tossing it over his shoulder.  Focusing all of his attention on her ample breasts.

Caressing and massaging one with one hand, while caressing the other with his mouth.  Abby moaned and arched her back, trying to get closer to him.  Her body was on overload and she didn’t know how much more she could take.  Her fingers digging into JC’s hair, pulling him closer and closer with each swipe of his tongue across her nipple.  JC grinned against her breast.  Her reactions to what he was doing to her was only causing the fire inside of him to grow.  He loved that he had this effect on her.

After a few minutes of delectable attention to the one breast, JC switched to the other, driving Abby completely over the edge.  She pulled JC’s face towards her, their lips crashing together in a fury.  Abby gripping JC to her, her nails digging into his back.  JC using one hand to massage her breast, pinching, and twisting her nipple between his fingers, as his other hand gripped to her hip, as he grinded into her.

“God…Abby…I…need…you.” JC muttered between kisses.

“I…need you…too.” Abby mutter back between kisses as well.

With that JC trailed kisses, gentle biting, and sensual licks down her body.  Gripping the waistband of her lacy black panties between his fingers, he pulled them down over her hips, as Abby lifted her lower body to allow the shedding of the garment.

Abby then sat up and assisted JC in shedding his boxer briefs, twirling them on her finger as she smirked at him before tossing them somewhere across the room.

JC laughed at her playfulness.  “Naughty girl.” he murmured as he buried his face in her neck.  Attacking her flesh with his tongue, as he laid her back onto the pillow slowly.

Abby moaned, he was torturing her and she didn’t want to wait any longer, she needed him.  “JC….please.” she pleaded in his ear.

He stopped his attack on her neck, hovering above her, staring down into her eyes.  He didn’t know why but he felt like he needed that reassurance.  He never wanted to hurt her again, like he had before.

When she smiled at him and whispered she loved him, he smiled back down at her, whispering he loved her too, then leaning down for a quick soft kiss, before moving his body to be completely on top of hers.  As their naked flesh met against each other, they both quivered at the sensations.

JC continued to stare into Abby’s eyes as he positioned himself above her, gently stroking her center momentarily before beginning to push himself into her.  Stopping momentarily, allowing her body to adjust to him and to savor in the feeling of her silky walls as they surrounded him so intimately.

Abby’s eyes began to close from the pleasure of just feeling him.  “Abby baby, look at me.” JC whispered to get her attention.  He wanted to watch her.  He wanted them to not only communicate their love through their love making, but he wanted her to look into his eyes and see how what they were doing was effecting him.  What it meant to him.

They locked eyes again, communicating through unspoken words as JC slowly began to move within her.  They stared into each others eyes for a few moments as JC picked up his rhythm, Abby meeting him all the way, grinding her hips into his.

JC leaned down and kissed her softly, leaning back up to look into her eyes as he continued to grind into her.  But as things picked up he couldn’t hold out any longer, he needed to feel his lips on hers.  Leaning back in, he kissed her again.  This kiss growing intense and strong within their passion.  Abby’s hands snaking around to JC’s back, the rough fibers of her cast scratching at his side, but it only urged him on.

Breathless from their kissing JC buried his face in her neck.  Breathing heavily as their pace became faster and faster with each passing minute.  Touching.  Grabbing.  Abby’s nails nipping at his shoulders.  Every little thing causing the fire within the both of them to grow.

When Abby’s moaning grew louder, JC picked up the pace even more.  It was one of the many things he remembered from their previous times together.  The way her body reacted to him.  The way he pleased her.  The sultry sounds coming from deep within her throat urged him to work harder, deeper, and faster.

He gripped at her hips, pulling her tighter against him.  Sliding one hand up her body to cup her breast, massaging it, caressing it.  Moving his lips back to hers he attacked them to drown out some of her cries of pleasure.  He wasn’t worried about anyone hearing because they were the only ones there, but her cries were pushing him over the edge a little more quickly than he would have liked.

As both of their bodies began to tense up, approaching their release, they clutched to each other.  Holding on tighter.  JC once again buried his face in Abby’s neck, kissing, sucking and grunting.  Abby moaning from the pleasure he was rendering to her body, sinking her nails into his back.

“I love you, Abby.  I love you so fucking much.” JC grunted into her neck.

But all Abby could mutter back was a “Mmmmmm…love you.”

JC knew they were both close, he could tell by the way her walls were tensing around him, creating a tighter glove, which only drew him closer to the edge.  Abby’s moans and grunts picked up, as did JC’s.  And before long they were both calling out in pleasure at their release.  JC had attacked Abby’s lips again, kissing her through the wild frenzy that was rushing through their bodies, biting at her lips as she continued to moan as her orgasm racked over her, and he continued to pump in and out of her until he was spent.  Collapsing on top of Abby, JC buried his face in her neck.  Both trying to catch their breath.

After regaining his breath JC slowly kissed his way back up Abby’s neck, and over to her mouth.  Tenderly kissing her as he pulled out of her and carefully rolled his lower body off of her, his upper body still hovering above her as they kissed.

“I love you.” Abby said softly, as JC pulled away from their kiss to look into her eyes.

“I love you, too.” he replied before leaning down and kissing the tip of her nose.  He laid down beside her on the bed, pulling her body against his.

Abby cuddled against him, her head on his chest, her arm slung over his stomach.

“Every time should be like that.” Abby said quietly, as she traced small circles on his chest.

“Every time from now on WILL be like that Abby, or even better.” JC said squeezing her to him.

“I hope you’re right.” she said a little unsure.  She knew how her luck with things went, and even though she didn’t want to think that because she could tell that JC really loved her, it would always be a fear in the back of her mind.

“I KNOW I’m right, Abby.  I love you, and nothing is going to change that.  I promise you that.” he said kissing the top of her head.

Abby sighed.  “I love you so much JC.  So much.”

“I‘ll never get tired of hearing you say that.” he said rubbing his hand up and down her arm.  “And now we’re going to be a family, Abby.  Me, you, and Kylie.  We’re going to be a family.” he told her.

“Yeah.” Abby said wistfully, almost dozing off, until JC began to move under her.  “What are you doing?” she questioned.

“Getting something.” he told her, as he reached over to the nightstand and opened the drawer pulling out a small jeweler’s box.

He closed the drawer and sat up partially in the bed, leaning against the headboard.  “Abby, look at me.” he told her.

Abby rolled over to her stomach resting her chin on his stomach and looking up at him questioningly.  “What’s wrong?” she asked, worried, thinking he was having second thoughts.

“Nothings wrong, baby.  In fact everything is as it should be.  It’s perfect.  Which is why I want to give this to you.  When I said I wanted us to be a family, I was serious.  I want us to be a family.  I love you and Kylie with all of my heart, and I lost you once and I’m NEVER going to let that happen again.  Just like the song said earlier, I’m never gonna let you go.  And that’s why I’m making this promise to you.  One day you will be my wife.  Abby, I love you will you marry me?”

Abby looked up at him, setting up quickly, pulling the sheet up to her chest staring at the box in his hand that he had flipped open.  She couldn’t even speak.  She didn’t know what to say.  He was asking her to marry him.  She looked back and forth from the familiar ring to JC.  Utterly speechless.

JC could see the shock and confusion in her eyes, so he chose to go ahead and explain himself.  “I don’t mean right now, Abbs.  I know we just got together and we have a lot of things to work out with everything, but one day I want us to get married.  And as you can see this is not a typical engagement ring.  This is a promise ring.”

“Is that?” she started to question.

“Yes.  It’s the ring you was admiring that day when we went shopping for my sister.  I went back and bought it for you that day after I dropped you off.  When I seen you staring in that case and looking down at something and then you admitted it was that ring, I knew you had to have it.  I never got around to giving it to you then.  And I had every intention on giving it to you, but something always held me back.  Of course it wasn’t meant to be a promise ring then, but it is now.  Because it’s a symbol of the things we’ve been through and overcome.” he paused for a moment looking into her eyes.  “So what do you say, Abby?  Will you marry me?  One day?” he smiled.

Abby looked into his eyes and smiled as tears of happiness started to roll down her cheeks.  “Of course, JC.  Of course I’ll marry you.  One day.” she giggled.

JC chuckled and took the ring out of the box and slid it on her ring finger.  “I love you, Abby.”

“I love you too, JC.”
 
 
 
 

Chapter 24

( Following Friday Afternoon )

It had been an interesting week for the new couple.  As planned they had gone to the WEG Compound that Monday morning to discus how they were going to handle things.  They all came to the agreement that they weren’t going to announce anything since the last press release had been so vague, they really didn’t see any reason to give out more information than any of them deemed necessary.  The press and public would figure it out on their own, and they would deal with the questions when they arose.  They just wanted to bask in their new found situation, and leave the outsiders where they belonged.  Outside.

But of course their short lived glory of that decision was just that, short lived.  Since Monday afternoon several photographs of JC and Abby’s night out Saturday evening surfaced and were plastered everywhere.  Gossip columns, TV, the internet.  And as the week progressed, so did the circulation of the pictures and all the talk.

Abby pretty much left JC to answer all the questions that were dealt their way.  They agreed that JC was used to dealing with that sort of thing and would be able to deflect more questions than Abby would.  Plus, Abby just didn’t feel like dealing with them anyways.  But that was ok with JC.  Taking care of the issues made him feel good.  He was taking care of Abby, and he liked the way that made him feel.

Things between the two of them were going great.  That Sunday morning they had woken up in each others arms, and had just laid in bed together for hours talking, snuggling, making love several more times.  It seemed like they were trying to catch up for all the time they had missed.  But neither one of them had a problem with that.  After all making up for things always did seem to be one of the funnest activates.

The rest of the guys were of course giving them a hard time.  Teasing them at how touchy feely they were with each other now.  How JC hovered over Abby all the time.  They were all fairly positive that there were some insecurities there and some apprehension on JC‘s part.  Fear that something would happen and rip Abby and Kylie away from him again, so he was sticking close to them both.  And Abby didn’t seem to mind, so it was all good in paradise.

JC’s parents when given the news were happy to say the least.  They had always adored Abby since the first time they had met her.  Granted they were confused when they found out that Abby and JC shared a child, and that they weren’t together.  Even more confused when they found out that Abby was supposedly married and hadn’t told JC about Kylie.  But after getting the whole story about their relationship from both JC and Abby they seemed to understand.  And they were just happy that two had worked out their differences and were finally together.

Mrs. Chasez had announced that she knew when JC had brought Abby to Chicago with him that they were more than just friends.  Even if her son was too stupid to realize it at the time.  She had seen the way he watched over her.  The jealousy in his eyes when Tyler was joking and flirting with Abby.  And JC wasn’t known for bringing girls back home with him unless there was some kind of a relationship going on.  Sure, they had met other friends of JC’s.  Male and Female, but he had never brought any female friends to the house like he had Abby, so she knew there was something there.

Outside of all the press and explaining they had done with family and friends, their week had been fairly normal.  They spent the rest of their time at JC’s house playing with Kylie, and acting as any family would.  Just enjoying each others company.  Watching TV.  Eating dinner together.  Just being.

And neither JC, nor Abby had ever been happier.  They both found it odd how things could change so quickly.   Go from something so confusing to something so glorious, but neither of them were going to fight it either.  It felt too good, an they were too happy and there was no where else either of them wanted to be.

Friday had finally rolled around though and Abby was excited.  JC had rented a beach front cottage for them down in Naples Florida, so they could go away for the weekend and have some peace and quiet.  Get away from all the hounding that had been going on all week in Orlando.

JC had some final meetings that morning to finish up all the details on Nsync’s latest album set to be released in a few weeks and this was really going to be the last weekend that any of the guys would have to themselves before a ton of promoting ensued.

So Abby was at the house alone with Kylie.  She was packing up the things she thought they would need.  And doing some cleaning around the house.  Not that it was dirty, but she was just bored and needed something to do.  Cleaning seemed to do the trick and help ease her anxiety about leaving.  Not a bad anxiety, but an anxious one.  She couldn’t wait.

Abby had just finished loading the dishwasher and turning it on when the doorbell rang.  Expecting that it would be Tyler, as he was supposed to be dropping off a copy of the video from the day his parents and himself had taken Kylie to Animal Kingdom, Abby headed for the door.

She was happy and smiling when she answered the door.  “It’s about damn time…” she trailed off when her eyes landed on the man standing before her.

“Expecting someone?” Tommy asked, and Abby could see the anger in his eyes.  So much anger in fact that it sent cold chills down her spine.

“Tommy?  What are you doing here?” she questioned, trying to make her voice sound firm and authoritive.  Something she was not feeling at the moment.  The look in his eyes was something she had never seen before and it scared her.

“What the hell do you think I’m doing here?” he snapped, pushing past her and walking into the house.

Abby froze not sure what to do.  Kylie was upstairs in her room asleep, and she was thankful for that, but she had no idea how she was going to handle Tommy.  She had never seen him like that before.

Turning to look at him she shut the door, trying to appear calm and at ease.  In the calmest voice she could muster she asked,  “Tommy, I’m not sure but maybe you could explain this to me.  In a calmer fashion.  There’s no reason to be so upset.”

“No reason to be upset?  NO REASON TO BE UPSET?!” he yelled and Abby flinched at his tone.  “You’re fucking with him now.  Did you think I wouldn’t see the photographs of the two of you together?  They’re all over the place.  Magazines, Newspapers, TV!  What the hell is going on?  You promised me!  I told you not to say anything to him, but you did it anyways.  What the HELL were you thinking, Abigail?!”

Abby watched as Tommy yelled and ranted, and marched through the hallway that lead into the living room looking around.  She was hesitant to follow him at first, but her instinct kicked in and she knew that she had to distract him.  Do whatever she could to protect herself and her child.  She had never seen him like this before.  Never.  And it was really terrifying her.

She knew that he had warned her not to tell JC the truth.  And JC had told her that Tommy had said that she and Kylie would be coming back to Vegas, even if he had to come get them himself, and she assumed that’s what he was there to do.  But there was a problem with his little plan, she was not going.  At least not willingly.  And if he wanted to fight her on it, then he would get one hell of a fight.

Abby followed him into the living room and watched as he stormed around the room looking things over.  The first place he headed was for the playpen that was setup off to the side of the room.  When he didn’t find what he was looking for there, he turned and stormed towards Abby.

“Where the hell is she?” he barked.

Thinking fast Abby lied through her teeth and prayed that Kylie wouldn’t wake up and make any noise.  “She’s with JC’s parents.  They kept her last night.”

“She’s not here?” he questioned.

“No.  Me and JC had plans last night so they offered to keep her.  I gotta go pick her up later today.”

“You call them right now and tell them you’re coming to get her!  RIGHT NOW!” he yelled.

Abby jumped when he yelled.  This was not good and she had to find some way to get around it.  “Tommy, I’m not coming back to Vegas with you.  I figured you would have kinda known that based on everything that you’re yelling at me about.” she tried changing the focus off of Kylie.

“YES YOU ARE!” he snarled.  “You’re my wife!  And we’re going to go BACK to Vegas and reaffirm that and clear up any problems at my job.  You know what this could cost me.  And I’m not going to let all the hard work I’ve put into this go down the drain because you want to play house with some pop star.  Now get your ass on the phone and call his parents.  We’re going to get Kylie and that’s final!” he demanded grabbing the phone from it’s base and shoving it into Abby’s hands.

“I can’t just call them and tell them I’m coming to get her to leave JC high and dry and go back to Vegas with you.” Abby protested.

“You’re a smart girl, Abby.  You seem to be good at lying.  Look at all the lies you had convinced JC of up until recently.  So get your ass on that phone and work your talents.”

“I’m not doing this.  I won't!  I love JC and I’m happy with JC.  We’re


Completed
grafixchic is the author of 3 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story