2 months later

I work at the Willows Senior Center changing bed pans and wiping old peoples behinds is my day to day I have my RN License and could probably get a better job but I’ve been working here since I came out to California almost 8 years ago and I just grew so attached that I couldn’t leave plus I’m the head nurse here now which means I get paid more but I have the most responsibility and these days its wearing on me. "So have you decided to come out with us tonight or you still being Debbie Downer" asks Nikki as she comes walking up to me as I’m trying to get the last of the paperwork written up before I leave for the day. "I don’t think so Nik I’m exhausted and you know I haven’t been feeling well plus you know what happened last time we went out." "Yea well I think that worked out in your favor I mean you did go home with a celebrity" she says laughing. "Yea a celebrity that was so ashamed he slept with me he ran out the door as soon as he got the chance." "You are crazy he probably really did have a meeting it had nothing to do with you plus your hot why would he run." "This is L.A I’m average and nowhere near as skinny as all the super models or wanna be actors running around here" I say to her. "Oh poo you are gorgeous and you know it who cares if you’re not a size zero it’s not like your shamu you just gotta little junk in your trunk" Nikki says smacking my ass. "Your such a freak" I say laughing at her "anyway I really don’t feel up for it tonight I just want to go home get in my pajamas and eat that container of peanut butter cup ice cream that I have been craving all week." "Hmmm cravings, tired, cranky if I didn’t know better I’d say you were prego girlfriend." "Yea I don’t think so I haven’t had sex in like two years well except for that one time but I’m pretty sure we used something." "You’re pretty sure or sure?" "Well I told you I don’t really remember that night but I think a freakin guy worth millions is at least smart enough to wrap it up seeing as he probably does this all the time." "I mean you don’t see hundreds of little Timberlake’s running around so I think we’re safe to say we used protection I’m probably just getting my period it has been irregular lately so I’m sure that’s it." "Ok girl but if I was you I’d find out for sure" Nikki says giving me that look she gives when she knows she’s right and just waiting for you to agree with her. "Fine I’ll take a test tonight while I’m stuffing my face with ice cream but I guarantee you I’m so not pregnant I mean could you even imagine." "Anyway I’m officially done for the night so I am out of here have fun tonight and be safe alright" I say starting to gather my stuff so I can get home and wash off the day.  I stop at the store on my way home pick up my ice cream of course, tampons I’m sure I’ll be needing by morning and a pregnancy test to ease Nikki’s mind because I am 100% sure I’m not pregnant I totally got my period last month well it was only like a day and then some spotting but whatever even doctors say its normal to have irregular periods at my age so I’m sure this is nothing. Waiting in line after I got everything I needed who do I see staring at me none other than Justin Timberlake well his picture anyway on the cover of some magazine talking about his break up with Jessica, I pick it up to read it out of sheer curiosity. I can’t believe that asshole had a fucking girlfriend when he slept with me what a douche bag no wonder they broke up it says he was cheating on her for months, I know I know I should feel so offended I mean it is Us Weekly so I’m sure their shits only half true so whatever it is what it is and its over with so nothing I can do now not like I’ll ever see him again. Ma’am are you ready the cashier says calling me out of my rant with myself as I’ve somehow gone and spaced out while reading that article. Oh yea sorry I’m ready. Not a problem, I get carried away reading those magazines too there so addicting aren’t they. Yea I try not to read them too often though most of its just gossip. Oh I know deary but you just got to remember you can’t always believe everything you read.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story