Author's Chapter Notes:
Photobucket - Video and Image 
Hosting

" It's a good things tears never show in the rain. Just take one last breath and start all over again." __ Meghan Carter
A soft pain filled melody fills in. The sweet sorrow of a violin and deep percussion of piano among the thundering sounds of an orchestrated bass fills the air, creating an emotion of sadness, loneliness and,

Pure heart break.

Alone in a dark empty house sits Meghan. Clad in only a pair of dark blue faded jeans and a tight fitted black tank top, her legs are curled underneath her as she wraps her arms around her body baring a blank emotionless expression. The room itself radiates a cold breeze surrounding the grey feel all around. The setting is black and white as her vision lands on the shattered frame of a picture on the hardwood floor. Pieces of glass lay strayed across the ground as the picture itself lay perfectly atop the sharred pieces.

A picture of him and her.

Tearing her gaze away her eyes filled with hurt she stares off to the side as her lips begin to move to the first verse

You took your love away
Too fast
Left no chance to say
Look back
And now I know the truth it makes it easier
Maybe when time goes by
I'll understand

The room slowly begins to spin in a blurred motion and everything around the room begins to come alive as the chorus flows through. The glass on the ground magically begins to take shape once again transforming itself into a perfect frame before it was broken.

Let's pretend, that I've moved on
Then I'll tell myself, that life goes on, without you

The fallen over lamp that had been knocked from the table quickly finds it's way back onto the coffee table the tiny light bulb inside flicking itself on lighting up a section of the room. As opposed to her surroundings, Meghan remains in her position on the sofa oblivious to all that is happening around her. Her lips move in slow motion with the chorus. Her light blue eyes are now a darker shade of midnight blue and her long hair flows past her shoulders in soft waves creating a curtain around her face.

Open my eyes, take a look deep inside
I Run away
I Run away
I Run away
Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh


By the time the chorus ends the room had magically come back together. All that had been broken was fixed. All that had been torn up was like it had been before. The lights which had been cut out were bright, illuminating the room. The red stain of wine that had seeped onto the white carpet near the fire place had vanished with the wine glass sitting still on the mantle where it had been earlier. The fireplace which had been damp with logs of black coal instantly set ablaze the orange- yellow cinder colors reflecting into her eyes.

Aahhhhh
Aahhhhh

As Meghan looks around the room she begins to take notice that the damaged appearance of the livingroom was no more and everything was back to normal. Rising from the couch she steps with her barefeet where the broken glass from the picture should have been and trudges down a dark narrow hall way. The second verse coming into play.

You threw it all away
So blind

The hallway is in a disorder as the living room had been before. Pictures on the wall hung lopsided and crooked where it is more than apparent that she had taken out some of her anger. A long narrow crack on the wall displays a sign of her actions. It tells the story of the betrayal she felt coursing through her and images of her banging her fist upon the wall previous to now begin to play.

Tears run down her cheeks as she pushed passed him out of their bedroom and into the hall. Trying her best to get away from him she finds herself struggling against him as he grabs her from behind. Turning her so that she was facing him his eyes are pleading with hers and he begs her to listen.

Pushed me far from you
And your life
( life, life }

Snatching her wrists from his hands she pushed against his chest with all of her might. Stumbling backward his back hit the bedroom door. Angrily he pushed himself off of the door and stepped to her. Her face was red and her body shook with anger as she yelled at him. It was evident that she was more than displeased with him. Giving up on his attempt to hold her and calm her down when she pushed him away the second time, he let his frustrations get the best of him and also began to shout. Hatefull words were sent back and forth as well as objects that she had thrown at him. Anything she could get her hands on went flying in his direction as he ducked and dodged the best he could.

Throwing his head back with his fists clenched at his sides he snapped his eyes shut willing himself not to get any angrier than he already was. After all, he was the one to blame. It was no one elses fault but his own. He had been the guilty party. He's the one who had been unfaithful. He's the one that caused the strain in what was once a beautiful relationship. Not her. Him.

Jabbing her finger into his chest his heart broke as her words pierced through him with venom. They were so harsh. So mean. So hurtful. And he knew she meant every word of it. Fisting his shirt inbetween her fingers she continued shouting at him while he remained silent. Her eyes were begging with him for an answer but her mouth saying other wise.

Now I know the tears won't lead
To loneliness
Baby when time goes by

And that was it. It was the one word that set everything off. The word that caused everything to come to a halt. He said it. He said it loud and clear. The word she didn't want to her she heard. And that's what set it off. That's what made her step back and stare at him with wide eyes as he brought a hand up to his burning cheek.

She slapped him.

He hadn't expected it and neither did she.

Her hand that was poised in the air was now covering her mouth as a fresh set of tears brimmed her eyes. Each step forward he took she took one back. They did this until he had her backed against the wall. Placing his hands on either side of her face he rested his forehead onto hers. His own set of tears now apparent. Not believing what she had just done she shook her head from side to side while he whispered comforting words to her. His lips touched hers for a brief second until she pulled away. Wiping her mouth with the back of her had the anger that had disappeared in a matter of seconds returned as the kiss reminded her of where his lips had previously been hours before.

On hers

Storming into the bedroom she emerged with his leather jacket. Shoving it into his chest she pointed toward the front door telling him to get out. She shoved and shoved him until they stood at the top of the staircase. Spinning on her heels she was prepared to lock herself into the bathroom like she had done many times before when his last words stung her heart as he called after her.

He was going to be with her.

The slamming of the door made her jump slightly. Biting down onto her lip she turned her attention to the vase on the hallway table. Picking it up she hurled it against the wall bits and pieces of glass flying into the air. The flowers that had been in it fluttered to the ground. Feeling herself go weak in the knees she fell against the wall for support banging her fists upon it as she slid down it helplessly.

I'll understand.

The sound of tires squealing resounded in a loud echo in her head as she stared at the crack in the wall. The crack alone shared the events of that night in vivid color. Skimming her index finger along the wall she crooned the rest of the chorus. Glancing over her shoulder so that she had a clear view of their bedroom she stepped forward halting just in the doorway.

The room was a disaster.

Nothing was left untouched. Everything had been destroyed.

What love had helped create. Love helped annihilate.

Let's pretend, that I've moved on
Then I'll tell myself, that life goes on, without you
Open my eyes

Standing there in a state of emptyness she was in a state of oblivion as the room and the hallway began to take affect. Just like before, everything started to move around in a blur and come together. She stood frozen in the midst of it all. The once crack in the wall was now straight and perfect, clear of any damage. The vase sat back on the table with flowers perched neatly inside. The bedroom in a complete haze was transformed brand new right before her eyes. The dressers which hung open had been closed. The bed sheets and pillows on the floor were placed neatly against the head board. The perfume bottles and papers lined up neatly along the vanity. The clothes on the ground hang neatly in the closet and once again the darkness that surrounded all in it's sight was gone.

The lights had magically turned back on erasing the bad memories recovering them with old happy ones.

Look deep inside
I Run away
I Run away
I Run awaaaaaaaaaaay

Still in her broken mind set she couldn't see all that was occuring around her. She couldn't see the signs that she didn't need him anymore. She couldn't read the writings on the wall. The house was trying to tell her something. It was telling her that it was time to move on. Telling her to get past it all. Telling her that she was stronger than all of this. The house had come together and it was distinctively trying to get the message across that she was to pull herself together just like it had done.

But she ignored it.

And as the house fixed all that was damaged and turned them anew she was blind to it all. Everytime she would walk past something that was broken or messed up the moment she brushed past it it would end up like it had been before.

Outside, the sound of rain began to patter against the window pane. The lightening was fierce and the thunder was booming. With a heavy sigh, distraught was marked all across her features. Running her hand through her hair she turned away from the bedroom doorway and headed downstairs. Passing by a broken mirror she stared into it. The reflection that stared back at her was one of a broken girl. Hey eyes didn't hold that light that they used to and her smile never once made an appearance. She held a permanent frown.

Not being able to face her reflection any longer she gathered her keys and headed for the front door. As soon as her back was turned the tired reflection that was holed up in the mirror changed. Kept inside was her reflection before tragedy struck. The once beautiful cinderella was replaced with the soul of the tortured step daughter upon the arrival of her prince.

But it was too late. She was already out of the door before she had to chance to witness that she still was cinderella.

I Run awaaaay

The rain pattered against the hood of her car completely drowning it with droplets of water, covering the windshield as she drove on the sleek pavement of the black roads. She couldn't distinguish between her tears and the rain making it difficult for her to see clearly.

The chorus fades out and an intense instrumental break displays the many emotions coursing through her body. The violins stand alone stringing the chords in sync with the chords of her heart. As the melody begins to overtake all together.

Following the melody is the rain.

The more intense and vigorous it gets the harder the rain begins to fall.

The more labored her breathing the more rough the violins play.

The harder her fingers grip the steering wheel the darker the sky becomes.

The faster her tears begin to spill the quicker the clouds come rolling in.

As quick as the beating of her heart begins to pace the louder it echoes with the clapping thunder.

The images that flow through her mind flash across the windshield of her car like a theatre screen.

Him and her kissing. Him and her making love on their bed. Him carressing her body with his soft hands. His hands smoothing down her back. Her hands tuggging at his hair. His lips grazing the spot beneath her ear. Her tounge slithering across his neck. Their naked bodies shuffling across the sheets.

All the while the images burned into her memory another blur came over her and this time she was sitting in the passenger seat of her car. She had an outer body experience. Now instead of having a breakdown she was watching herself go through the motions like an innocent bystander.

I Run away ( way way way way )
Ahhhhh
I run away ( way way way way )
Ahhhh

Reaching her hand out to take hold of her other selfs hand it was to no avail as her touch faded once it came in contact with her. Her hand simply passed through her like a ghost.

Realizing there was nothing she could do she continued to look on and watch herself get swallowed into the disaster that lie ahead.

The Meghan who was driving the car pressed her foot further onto the gas as the images kept on with their haunting.

Her whispered words of I love you's

His groans

Her moans of pleasure

Their names dripping from each others lips

I Run away
Ahhh
Way
I Run away
Way
Way Way Way Way Way

Their quiet giggling

It was all to much to take and she never saw it coming.

All melody ceased and it was just her voice belting out the lone lyrics to the light strumming of a guitar.

Let's pretend, that I've moved on
Then I'll...

Speeding down the empty roads, bright lights from the car ahead flashed immensely immediately corrupting her vision. Along with the booming melody with the music that came tumbling back in came, the crashing of two cars.

Tell myself, that life goes on, with out you
Open my eyes ( Ahhhhh )
Take a look deep inside
I Run away ( I run away )
I Run away
I Run awayyyyyyyyy

Ambulance and news camera surround the scene as she is lifted on a stretcher and placed in the back of the ambulance truck covered in a white sheet from head to toe. Standing off to the side in a grassy area near the forest road was her otherself. She looked on as chaos ensued the scene. Turning her head she watched herself get pulled from the car by the medics and get placed in the back.

Lifelessly.

Yellow caution tape was tacked all around the scene while cops held reporters at bay while clean up crew took on trying to clear away the mess.

Media stations and T.V. reporters clamored back and forth filming the entire scene. A latin woman dressed in a red suit held her mic up to her lips while she spoke into the camera. Her voice filled with apparent shock.

' Rosala Lindez with breaking news, Pop singer Meghan Carter, ex-wife to singer Justin Timberlake moments ago has just been involved in a tragic car accident and has been pronounced dead on the scene. Once again, Breaking News. Singer, Meghan Carter has just been involved in serious accident and is pronounced dead.'

( I Run awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy )
Let's pretend, that I've moved on
Tell myself, that life goes on, without you
Open my eyes ( Ahhhhh )
Take a look deep inside
I Run away
( I Run away )
I Run away

The loud sirens of the ambulance sound off in the distance as the ambulance rushes away before everything begins to fade. The rain had stopped falling and suddenly the clouds in the sky began to seperate. Standing alone watching everything around her begin to disappear into nothing, Meghan herself slowly starts to fade away until there is nothing left but sheer white.

Let's pretend, that I've moved on
Then I'll tell myself, that life goes on, without you
Open my eyes...

Sitting in her car unmoving, Meghan blinked longingly and stared back at the house infront of her. She had remained in her driveway all along. With movements ever so slow she slipped the keys from the ignition.

Take a look deep inside
I Run away
I Run away
I Run away

Opening the door she set one foot down onto the ground followed by the other. Looking up to the sky the clouds began to part and a tiny beam of sunshine began to peek through. Suddenly the sky changed color from dark gray to baby blue.

Let's pretend, that I've moved on
Then I'll tell myself...

A slow smile crept itself onto her face as she padded up the cobblestone drive way toward the front steps into her home.

She realized that she didn't need to run anymore.

Life goes on

And soon enough her heart will too

That life goes on, without you
Open my eyes
Take a look deep inside
I Run away

I Run away

' I Run Away' song credit: Britney Spears


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: cheaterj soloj marriedj