An edgy pop beat begins as the start of the video. The screen then cuts to inside the living area of a lavish hotel room brightly illuminated. The camera passes by the television but no sound is coming through. As the beat progresses, the focus lands on a silver Razr cell phone placed neatly on the middle of a coffee table next to a stack of magazines. The background lighting of the LCD screen is blue and the focus zooms in closely as the name ' Nikki ' pops up as the caller id.

The focus stays on the phone as a hand with french tipped fingernails lifts it, flipping it open. The screen is then split into two as Meghan appears on one side and the caller appears in the other. Nikki, her friend in the video is standing against her car in a parking lot across the street from a night club with her phone pressed to her ear. It's night outside as club goers mingle around the sidewalks near the entrance. A bouncer with black shades and a t- shirt guards behind the red ropes unclipping it to let a few people in.

Next to Nikki, is her friend Mina perched on the hood of the car watching as the scene infront of her unfolds. She looks to Nikki briefly pointing across the street. Nikki only nods her head as the person on the other end picks up.

" Meghan, you are never going to believe what I'am looking at right now."

Meghan's face is zoomed upclose as she furrows her brow slightly

" What are you talking about?"

" You know your man? Mr. Wonderful? The guy you're always talking about?"

" I know, he's so hot, right."

(Oh oh, yeah)

" Yeah, hot, whatever. Ok, anyways, he is all up on that girl Jade."

The focus stays a bit longer on Nikki, then follows her line of vision across the street onto a boy and a girl posted against the brick wall of the club. The girl has her back against the wall as the guy before her leans his down toward her neck. She turns her head and giggles, halfheartedly pushing at his chest. Pulling back, he places his hand underneath her chin tilting it upward as he stares down at her. His other hand is planted against the wall as he steps closer and pulls her in for a a kiss.

" Jade?" What are you talking about?" Meghan inquired through a short breathy laugh.

(Oh yeah, yeah eh yeah )

" Yes. I'm telling you girl he is playing you."

The beat intensifies to rougher more bass pumping sound as Nikki confirms surveying the couples every move. On Meghan's side, her features are one of disbelief as she rolls her eyes finding the situation to be amusing.

" Whatever." Meghan digresses now full out in laughter.

Nikki jaw drops slightly as she breathes out putting her mouth closer to the mouth piece. Mina tugs on her arm gesturing wildly across the street at the girl and Meghan's cheating guy. Nikki passes her a look of impatience as she attempts to convince Meghan of her findings.

The beat drops and is acceuntuated by synthesizers mixed with a light hip hop sound.

" Meghan, I'am serious! He is all over her! Believe-"

Snatching the phone from Nikki's grasp, Mina slid off the hood of the car and put the phone to her ear just as she heard Meghan say, " Whatever. I do not believe you." In between soft laughter.

Securing her purse strap onto her shoulder, Mina speaks into the phone in a rushed tone.

" Meghan, I swear it's true. I was watching them. I can see them right now! It's so disgusting!" She voiced with a look of distaste.

( Oh oo oh )

As the situation becomes less amusing, Meghan eyes begin to narrow a bit and her lips draw into a thin line.

" You guys...." She sounded feeling a bit unsure.

( Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah )

Nikki snatches back the phone. A few feet from them Meghan's boyfriend has wrapped his arms around the girl's waist from behind. A few of his friends walk up to them and they stop to talk. The girl clings to his arm protectively with a smile on her face as she pushes his head away when he leaned over to suck on her earlobe.

" You better- Girl, I'm serious. You better call him up right now."

Raking her hand through her hair, Meghan's suspicions begin to take over " What do I do? What do I say?" She stammers.

" I don't know, but I'm looking at him. I mean, you gotta tell him the truth. You gotta tell him how it is."

( Oh oo oh )

" He's playing me?" Meghan blurts out suddenly.

Standing side by side, Nikki and Mina shake their heads eyeing the scene unbelievingly. " He's playing you soo bad."

( You wanna play a game boy )

With a sigh, Meghan's side takes up the full screen as she stands in the middle of the room with an icy glare. Ending the call, she dropped the phone onto the table and walks from the room.

The screen switches back to Nikki and Mina as they climb inside her car and pull away from the parking lot before the picture fades then returns with Meghan.

Wearing a pair of midnight blue leather cut offs and a top exposing her midriff with her breasts pushed up, the background behind her is all black with burnt orange and red lighting. Using special effects, yellow orange flames cascade in the back in a falling motion. There is a single chair in the middle of the semi glossed floor. Straddling the chair, Meghan gives the camera a smoldering stare under her lashes as the first verse kicks in.

You told me that you would always be
The only thing that I'd ever need
And all my friends, that they were never good enough
To be with me

Smoothing her finger over her lips, her bangs hang before her eyes as a tranquil shot of her biting down on her bottom lip glides by in slow motion.

A beamer rides up the cobblestone driveway of a house with a pack of cars parked alongside. Parked near a Lexus, the headlights shine brightly before being shut off. The doors fly open and, Meghan steps out meeting her boyfriend half way. Tucking her hand into his he leads the way inside the house and they are met with loud music and people dancing and hanging around. Walking further inside, Meghan simply smiles as her boyfriend greets his friends on his way by.

You want me to stay at home
And like a fool, I did for you

Attaching herself to his side, Meghan sips from her red plastic up taking in the noise around her while her boyfriend chats it up with a few of his guy friends ignoring her prescence. Halfway turning when she felt a light touch on her arm, Meghan smiled and hugged one of her girlfriends as three more walked up.

They talked a bit then one of her friends gestured toward her boyfriend which Meghan brushed off with a roll of her eyes seeing as he hadn't been paying her any attention. Gripping her wrist gently, Nikki signaled with her head for them to go hang out by the balcony. With a quick nod, Meghan was about to follow after them when she felt someone pull her back.

Gesturing toward her friends, her boyfriend stared over her head at them. They were passing him cold glares in which he returned. Pulling Meghan closer to his side, he mouthed a few words which made her face fall into a frown. Turning toward her friends with an apologetic glance, she watched them walk off whilst shaking their heads.

Looking to her boyfriend, Meghan narrowed her eyes as he kept on with his friend as if nothing had happened. Once again forgetting that she was even there.

Now I see the game that you playin on me
Oh oh

The chorus drops just as the scene changes.

You go out with your friends at night
Like it's alright
Cause you're hot like fire

Retrieveing his phone as it vibrated in his pocket, he examined the caller id before putting it away without answering. When he looked up his friend gave him a look with a raised brow. With a smug grin, he shook his head as if to say 'forget it'. Meghan watched the exchange between the two with suspicion. His friend nodded his head in her direction with a smile and she removed her boyfriends arm from around her waist. Staring down at her, she pushed her red cup into his chest mouthing a few words before walking off, manuervering her way through the crowd.

Other girls call your cell phone, boy
You can't help yourself
Cause you're hot like fire.

Back to the main set up, Meghan is seated sideways on the chair tilting it until it stands on two legs. She places one hand on the ground to balance herself and the other is holding onto the back of the chair. As she sings the chorus different shots of her abusing the chair range from her standing on it, crouching on it, to her sitting in it with her hands on her thighs as she throws her head back then leans forward. The flames and the orange lighting coincide in a tranquil pattern with one another as the lighting brightens then darkens continuously with each movement she makes.

You didn't know she was my bestfriend, baby
You just played yourself
Cause you're hot like fire
Baby, don't try to run your game on me

Now lying underneath the chair on her back trapped in by all four legs with her arms above her head, Meghan slides out from under it with her hands on either side of the seat halfway pulling herself up.

Cause it's plain too see
That you're hot like fire

Standing in front of the chair, she gives it a powerful kick sending it flying backwards. It flips slowly in the air three times almost 3D like before nearly crashing into the screen before landing on it's side.

Fire, like fire, like fire

The bass pounds three times and the screen cuts into four seperate lines and in each line Meghan is frozen in mid step. As the beat picks back up, each still begins to merge into one whole screen like pieces of a puzzle as she completes the choreography. The second verse coming into play.

You said you loved me, baby
And we never will fall apart

It's a friday night and everyone has gathered together in an empty parkinglot to watch a drag racing contest. A bunch of guys have brought out their best souped up rides and were placing bets on who was to win. Cars were lined up side by side with their heads lights on in a half circle leaving the middle of the lot clear. A bunch of girls dressed up in skank outfits traipsed around in their two bit skirts flirtatiously winding up the guys. Meghan soon walks up and spots her boyfriend decked out in loose jeans with a chain on the side pocket, a plain white tee with a black beater underneath with his cap backwards on his head. Coming up from behind him, he turns to give her a one armed hug and a kiss on the cheek.

You even told me once
That you suffered from a broken heart.

Affectionately swiping her chin with his knuckle, she watched him saunter over to the starting line as the enemy line threw haterous glares in his direction. Nodding his head as if to say ' do something' her boyfriend smugly climbed into his car, buckling himself up when to his left he noticed his competitors ride pull up next to his slowly. Mugging one another fiercely, their engines roared as smoke filtered from the tail pipes. A few feet away a female held up a checkered flag waving it to and fro as she counted down.

Gearing up the gas, once she gave the ' go head ' their tires squealed forcefully and both cars took off down the street lanes at break neck speed.

Made plans to share a summer romance
A dream for two
Just me and you

The cars were on their way back to the finish line and Meghan's boyfriend pressed on a tiny red button next to the wheel which sent his car zooming past the yellow mark.

Hopping down from the back of a car, Meghan excitedly made her way over to him but stopped short when a girl came out from the other side of the parkinglot and bum rushed him. His arm immediately went around her waist as he lifted her off the ground and twirled her in a circle. The enemy lines waved him off as the victorious side crowded around him in celebration.

But now I see what you're really about
Oh

As the chorus hits again, the parking lot is cleared except for the cars parked in a semi circle and dancing in the open gap in the middle is Meghan. Her costume has changed. In red and black hot pants with a matching top and shades, she leads the group of seven dancers as they execute a series of dance moves.

You go out with your friends at night
Like it's alright
Cause you're hot like fire
Other girls call your cell phone, boy

Standing atop the hood of a silver and gray 'Lamborghini Concept S' designed in futuristic detail, the focus on Meghan is from the ground up and she stares down into the camera popping and rolling her hips. The screen follows her round the car as she remains on top, performing a few hand movements, followed by a high kick and spin ending with a split, her extended ponytail swishing in every which way.

You can't help yourself
Cause you're hot like fire
You didn't know she was my bestfriend baby
You just played yourself
Cause you're hot like fire
Baby, don't try to run your game on me
Cause it's plain to see
That you're hot like fire

As the beat simmers down a bit shots from the main set up and the parking lot set up play into each other fading then coming back in. The choreography remains the same in each scene as the images continue to interchange.

Fire, like fire, like fire
Fire, like fire, like fire
Fire, like fire, like fire
Fire, like fire, like fire

Synthesizers and the bass begin to intensify as the screen changes back to the main set background except for this time, full length diamond shape mirrors surround her bouncing off from reflection to reflection. Panning up to one mirror in particular, the screen is sucked inside and brought into another dimension. This time, the background is devoured in complete flames as they hang from the ceiling in droplets and rise from the ground. On an octagon shaped platform lit up by tiny bulbs attached all around the edges, it floats in the air and spins as Meghan is lying on her back from an aerial view.

Oh, tell me who'd you think I was
Did you think I was your fool

Days after the drag racing fall out, Meghan finds herself in her car accelerating through traffic to the club where her cheating boyfriend is currently located. The review mirror captures the side of her face as she continues to sing but her attention is solely focused through the windshield. Gripping the steering wheel she makes a sharp left turn as she weaves through the tunnel of passing cars.

Maybe you've taken other girls for a ride before
But I got your number

Parked outside of the club with the engine still purring, Meghan observes the entrance from the passenger side window. Seated in the backseat, Mina and Nikki lean forward and the three begin to discuss their plan for the evening. With the plan set in action they exit the car and make their way inside the smoky building packed with gyrating bodies.

Meghan's fixation diverts to the upper level of the club as she passes by the steps. Mina and Nikki scampering off in other directions, the screen stays with Nikki as she pushes her way through the throngs of people over to the section where the D.J. is mixing. Pacing up the side of the steps she comes up from behind him and whispers something in his ear. Nodding his head she slyly slips the device into his hand then goes on her way.

See, baby, I can play your game

Connecting a few tiny wires onto the device, the D.J. with his head phones round his neck, stuck a micro sized black mic onto the back of it. His moves being captured in slow motion.

And you can tell me how it feels

Rising from the booth, the unknown female stood from the lap of Meghan's boyfriend pacifying him with a kiss on the lips before making her way through the curtains. On her way to the ladies room, her heels clanked against the hard steel of the ground underneath her feet as she eyed the female coming her way.

Meghan, her face expressionless cut her eyes at the female brushing past her, looking over her shoulder at her bare back. The exchange lasted what seemed like hours as the screen slowed down capturing the two's icy glare. Green eyes to Blue.

Cause everything you've ever done to me

Glancing to her left then her right making sure no one had seen her, Meghan slipped behind the black curtains leading to a private booth. The screen then changes pace and lands on her boyfriend who is in the next booth having the time of his life. In a white button down, he holds his beer in his hand, with a wide smile as he chalks it up with his friends.

The screen goes back to the D.J. who looks up and spots Mina in the corner with a phone in her hand. She looks back at him and with a quick nod of his head to confirm that all was in place, she immediatly dialed Nikki. On the other side of the club, Nikki recieved the message then went ahead and dialed Meghan.

Can be done right back to you....

A slick smile came to Meghan's face after Nikki's call. Everything now being set in action, she scrolled her contacts for one name in particular. Her movements were languid as she pressed the send button and waited.

Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring

Gathering his phone from his pocket, her boyfriend checked the caller id to see who was calling. It read ' Girlfriend 3' Shifting the unknown female in his lap, he nodded at one of his buddies who nudged him on the shoulder before answering.

" Hello?"

As soon as his voice came through, the music in the club came to a halt and his voice echoed from the speakers loudly. All of the dancing in the club came to an abrupt halt as they looked about in confusion.

Maybe you thought you could play me
Thought that you would make a liitle move and fake me
See honey, I don't need to be
Just another quick notch on your belt
That's not me
I'll never be a prize on your shelf
A real player, you'll never be
You need to run that game on someone else instead of me
Look at you now, poor baby
You're so through
So tell me how it feels
Now that someone is playing you.

After hearing a sharp click, he stared down at his phone bewildered and in a state of shock. Hearing the commotion of the crowd down in the lower level, he stood to go see what everything was all about. Pushing aside the black curtain he was instantly met with stares, laughter and chorus of jeers. Jaw agape, he stepped back when he saw himself on the huge screen above the D.J.'s head. Coming to realize that his conversation had been secretly recorded, heard, and seen for everyone to see, the screen followed his movements when he swiveled his head to the left and standing there was Meghan wiggling her phone in her hand and surprise, the girl he had been cheating on her with.

Standing closer to the table, Meghan reached down and picked up a pitcher of beer emptying it's contents all over him. High fiving one another, the two turned their backs leaving the clup wide eyed and jaw dropped. As if he couldn't have been humiliated any further, the screen ahead replayed everything all over again as the crowd began to escalate with laughter once more.

You go out with your friends at night
Like it's alright
Cause you're hot like fire
Other girls call your cell phone, boy
You can't help yourself
Cause you're hot like fire

Singing the chorus through, the screen cut to all three main set ups. The parking lot, to the orange/red room, to the mirrored flames room with the floating octogan platform. In each, Meghan appeared with her dancers then by herself. It repeated going back and forth for a few more lines of the chorus.

You didn't know she was my bestfriend, baby
You just played yourself
Cause you're hot like fire
Baby, don't try to run your game on me
Cause it's plain too see
That you're hot like fire

Ecstatic, hanging over each other in laughter as they burst through the doors of the club, Meghan, Mina, Nikki, and the unknown female who turned out to be Meghan's bestfriend, Deanna, Meghan accepted her keys from the valet as the girls climbed into her car beaming with excitement.

You go out with your friends at night
Like it's alright
Cause you're hot like fire
Other girls call your cell phone, boy
You can't help yourself

Revenge couldn't have been any sweeter.

Cause you're hot like fire
You didn't know she was my bestfriend baby
You just played yourself
Cause you're hot like fire

As the last round of the chorus came in, the back of Meghan's car was the last thing seen as she pulled away from the club following that, all three main setups interchanging then ending with her car driving further away as the chorus faded out.

Baby don't try to run your game on me
Cause it's plain too see
That you're hot like fire

You go out with your friends at night
Like it's alright
Cause you're hot like fire......

Song Credit: Jessica Simpson 'Hot Like fire'


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: cheaterj soloj marriedj