Author's Chapter Notes:
I have it all planned out in my head. Let me know what you thinkg.

It was week three at this new job and he hadn't even looked at me. I understand that three weeks doesn't exactly sound like a long time in the grand scheme of things. Like, say you only had three weeks to live. Then it would be considered no time at all. Three weeks would definitely go by too fast in that circumstance. On the other hand, say you're baking a pie and it takes three weeks toprepare. That's a hell of a long time. That is what this feels like. Like twenty-one days of pie baking.

 

I realize this might sound a bit crazy considering that I don't even know him. However, that is totally his fault. I've tried to get to know him. I've smiled at him. I've put myself in his way. I've gotten his coffee when he hasn't even asked for it. He mumbled a thank you to me once, but he didn't look up. That means he's polite, right? Unfortunately for me, the most attractive quality any male can possess is the ability to ignore me. If he would only pay attention to me then I could get rid of this stupid crush that probably isn't even based in reality anyway. 

 

This job is so mindless that I have to play games like this to keep my sanity occupied. Otherwise, I'm afraid that I could start contemplating suicide. That would be very bad for the company. It would take my entire year's salary to get the blood out of the carpet. I know I signed up for interning, but I wasn't aware that this job was going to be so dull. Especially because all of the other interns are so. . .productive. They go above and beyond the job description in hopes that they will get noticed by the heads of the company to ensure a job here afterward. I know you're thinking that sounds great. It's not. They all do so much that there's really not much left for me to do. With this high profile of an internship it's important to keep busy at all times. It's really difficult to do that with all of these overly motivated brats around. I may not be as inclined to kiss ass as they are, but I do need a paycheck.

 

Which brings me to how I spend my ten hour days here. Trying to get him to talk to me. Justin Timberlake. Since he doesn't own the company, and he's only a manager in training, he goes relatively unnoticed by the rest of the interns. Unfortunately, I go mostly unnoticed by him. 

 

Sure, I've played other games. When I first got here, I tried to decipher the gay males from the straight ones. It was a bit more difficult than I first assumed. We all have to dress the same and wear very natural, light make up which threw a few curveballs my way, but eventually I figured it out. It only took two days, so I moved onto a new game. The new game consisted of wondering which of my fellow interns I would save in the event of a fire breaking out. This is , assuming of course, I would get out alive. After I figured that out, I decided who I would leave behind in case a fire broke out. That took all of thirty minutes, so I set my sights higher. That's when he walked in. There was myself and another intern when he walked into the break room to grab his lunch out of the fridge. He head nodded the brunette as he moved past her quickly, but me? I got nothing. No smile, no head nod, nothing. Just as quickly as he walked into the room, he left it. Nothing but the slam of the door echoing to prove he had even been there at all. 

 

It was then that Justin Timberlake became my new challenge. It was then that I also decided to revise my previous game one more time. Rather than the short, annoying, faux-hawk boy as the person I would let burn alive in the fire, I decided to substitute the head nod loving brunette. 

 

Game over. 


Incomplete
sarawhatever is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked In A Week Or Two also liked 184 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story