"Get out of my car."

"Adam… come on…" Delanie pouted, turning her body round in her seat to look at her older brother.

"No," Adam shook his head, his grip tightening around the steering wheel. "I'm serious, Lanie. Get your ass out of my car and into that building, now."

"I don't wanna," she mumbled, her dark hair falling around her face as she shook her head stubbornly.

"Delanie, you're 21 damn years old, you're not a kid, pouting and stomping your feet won't work anymore," Adam sighed in frustration, running a hand through his hair, reminding himself that he needed to get it cut. "Listen, I know you claim in your dead end diner job, but you know Mom and Dad didn't want that for you. You know I love you and I love having you around, but I'm 27 now, Lane. I've got a wife now, we've got a kid on the way and I have to start growing up now. I can't take care of you all the time, we both need our space from each other. This job – do you know how many girls would kill to be in your position right now?" he laughed quietly at the face his sister pulled as she looked at the building in front of them. "You're going to travel the world with five of the – according to Leah – 'hottest' guys in the world. It's not like you'll have trouble fitting in, you know Johnny will – wait," Adam smirked. "You're nervous, aren't you? About seeing him."

"No," Delanie scoffed.

"It'll be fine, you know Johnny will look out for you like he's your dad!"

"I don't wanna do this, Ad. Please don't make me,"  she whispered, biting on her bottom as she willed the tears away. "Please. You're all I have, do you think Mom and Dad would be happy that you're pushing me out of the nest when I'm not ready to fly?"

"You're ready to fly, you're just too damn lazy to flap your wings," Adam scoffed, looking out of the window at the half empty parking lot before checking his watch. "If you don't get out within the next three minutes you'll be late for your first day. Johnny and I pulled some serious strings to get you this job, Delanie. Don't blow it."

"I don't even know where the fuck I'm going, Adam!" she shot him a glare.

"Language," he scolded, frowning at her. "All you gotta do is walk through the damn door, Delanie. It's not that hard. You wither push it or pull it open, one foot in front of the other and BAM! You're inside."

"Don't be an ass," she growled, grabbing her back and finally taking her seatbelt off, climbing out of the car and slamming the door shut behind her before stomping away.

"Less of the tantrums!" Adam called through the open window, chuckling at his sister's behaviour. "I'll be back to pick you up, gimme a call when it's time for you to leave! Have a good day sis!"

***

"Fucking ass, treating me like a kid all the damn time," Delanie mumbled angrily to herself, a scowl on her face as she walked into the building, waiting for the receptionist to notice her.

"…May I help you?" she asked sceptically, looking the younger girl up and down, causing Delanie to roll her eyes.

"I'm not some crazed fan, don't worry. My name is Delanie Roberts, Mr. Wright is expecting me," she replied, impatiently tapping her manicured nails on the desk while the receptionist looked through her visitors list.

"Ah, yes, here you are! I'll just call him and-"

"No need, Camilla, I'm here," Johnny smiled warmly as he rounded the corner and saw Delanie. "Nice to see you again, Delanie."

"You too, Johnny," Delanie smiled as he hugged her. "I appreciate you giving me a chance, I know my parents would have appreciated it too…"

"Really?" Johnny raised an eyebrow at her. "Because I spoke to Adam not two minutes ago who told me he'd hunt you down if you skipped out today," he chuckled as a blush rose on Delanie's cheeks. "It's okay, kid. You're bound to be nervous, it's a whole new world for you but I promise, you'll fall in love with it in no time!"

"Yeah, okay," she muttered at him, emitting a loud sigh. "Sorry, Johnny. I'm just kinda pissed at Adam, he was being a jerk. I'll be good now, I promise. So, where do I start?"

"Well, we start by letting the guys know that you're their new PA!"

"T-they don't know yet, you haven't told them?" she stuttered, looking up at him with wide eyes as he slung an arm around her shoulders, leading her further into the building.

"Oh, they know they're getting a new assistant, I just neglected to inform them that it was you. I thought that would be a nice little surprise for their first day of rehearsals," Johnny laughed, his eyes twinkling as Delanie inwardly groaned. She kept her face straight and nodded her head, letting Johnny lead the way. The butterflies in her stomach seemed to wake up at once as she heard the guys singing, knowing they were getting closer. "Alright, guys, listen up!" Johnny hollered, and silence fell over the room. "As you know, Annabelle had to leave us because of family issues-"

"She got knocked up," Justin interrupted.

"-and we have a replacement assistant for you," Johnny continued, shooting Justin a look. "She's young, only 21 and she's never really done anything like this before so, until the tour officially starts, I expect you to go easy on her. At least for the first few days," he grinned.

"She hot?" Justin asked.

"Quit using the brain in your pants, Timberlake," Delanie rose an eyebrow at him as she stepped out from behind Johnny, smirking when she saw him freeze before a grin broke out on his face.

"Lanie!" he laughed, quickly enveloping her in a hug. "You're working for us? You're… Oh my God you're our new assistant," he cackled. "Oh, this is gonna be so much fun!"

"Johnny just told you to go easy on me!" she warned, pointing a finger at him.

"I will, I will… For now," he grinned. "Guys, it's Delanie!"

"Yeah, we know, we can see her stood right there," Lance rolled his eyes at his friend, before a smile fell over his face and he wrapped his arms around Delanie, quickly followed by Chris and Joey. "It's good to see you again."

"You too," she smiled. "Oh, I'm loving the hair, Jus," she told him, running a hand over his lack of curls. He smiled sheepishly at her and laughed, hugging her again before they four of them began shooting questions at her. She tried her best to pay attention to what they were asking, but all thoughts quickly left her mind when she met the pair of blue eyes staring at her from across the room. "Hey, Josh…" she trailed off, causing the others to go silent as they looked between the two, the confusion evident on their faces as they saw that their band mate hadn't moved.

"Don't just stand there, Jace, come say hi!" Chris tutted at him. JC gulped down the lump that had suddenly lodged in his throat, nodding his head and making his way over to the group.

"I… Excuse me," he mumbled, refusing to meet anyone's gaze as he pushed past them all and quickly left the room.

"What the hell's up his ass?" Joey frowned.

"I…" Delanie paused, staring at the door he'd just left through. "I don't know," she lied. "So! What do you guys want me to do first?"
Chapter End Notes:
Okay, so first of all, thank you for reading :)

This is set around the time of the Pop Odyssey tour but some things might not fall around the right time, ie songs and events and what-not. But hey, it's fiction :)

Also, I've NEVER been to MSG, I don't even know if that's where they held rehearsals for PO, it just fits in with the story. I don't even know if they have a reception, but in my head they do ;)

This is only my second time attempting an *NSync story (the other one, Rush, isn't finished yet…), so apologies if it's terrible. I've just really gotten back into my boys lately and the things I'd do to Justin given half the chance, phew! I was just inspired to write a new one, and I hope you like it.

Let me know what you think :)
x


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant