Author's Chapter Notes:

I apologize for taking so long. But along with school and a big change in my life, I was also dealing with a serious case of writer's block. I wasn't into it for the longest. I recently got bitten by the creativity bug again, so I'm sorry if this may be a little short or dry, but I still love writing with these characters and I want to develop them more.

 

Two things to never EVER do on an *NSYNC trip: 1. Try to convince Celeste that you're not sleeping with a band member, and 2. Do NOT get caught coming out of a band member's hotel room, by another band member at 5:30 am. Before I expound on the latter, let me cover my bases and start with number 1. According to my best friend, who is a complete twat by the way, these last two days, I went back to our room happier than normal. Naturally, happy means I've been sexed really well, all day and all night, two days straight.

Now 2...oh. Sweet, sweet two. How did I STILL find myself in stupid situations such as the one I'm about to explain? It's inevitable. My known destiny. I digress.

2001: The Build-Up

I woke up to the sound of Celeste screwing around in the bathroom. She was singing “He Loves You Not” and quite horribly at that. Was it really that hard to close the door? I'm not a morning person, so I was beyond annoyed. I got out of bed and dragged ass to the bathroom.

"You can't sing!" I shouted as I stood watching Celeste get ready.

"Even your insults sound peppier than normal," she teased. I flipped her off, then walked back to my bed and dropped face first into the mattress. "Nuh-uh, get up, we need to be ready to go with the guys before they do rehearsal."

"Roh shrit!" My sentiment was muffled by the mattress. I rolled over, looking straight up at the ceiling. I completely forgot about that. Yesterday we sort of just hung out at the hotel pool. Cel and I went to the beach just for some girl time and to check out the hot guys there.

"Go get in the shower, we have an hour and a half before Joey or somebody calls us," Celeste said, gently smacking my thigh. I was grumpy about it, but I got up and went to shower.

I was excited about today. The guys were going to record the first part of their CBS special today. This had to be a big step in their careers and it was going to catapult them. They were at their prime right now and come on, a CBS special in the Bahamas? Icing on the cake. But there were a few things the guys wanted to take us to do before they were completely consumed in rehearsing.

I looked in the mirror, my choice of outfit was completely simple: a crop top, showing a little stomach, Levi jean shorts, and a pair of Jordan 8 Retro's. Celeste is just as much of a tomboy as I am, so she had on something quite similar in terms of simplicity. She wore her hair down and in it's natural curly state, whereas I just kept my straight look. Okay, so I was lazy and didn't feel like doing anything special to my hair. Sue me.

"Ready?" I asked, sticking my arm through the loop of my mini backpack. Celeste nodded and I opened the door, slamming straight into a rock hard chest as I walked out. "What the! JC we really have GOT to stop doing that."

I leaned against the door frame, breathing heavily, catching my breath while I heard Cel's amused cackle. Jerk. I gave her the finger, finally laying my eyes on JC. Big mistake. Big damn mistake. He was wearing a white, long-sleeved striped shirt with the sleeves turned up, white long pants, small rip across the knee area, and flip flops. The scruff on his face, his damp, curly hair... Have mercy. JC looked fucking amazing.

"Holy shit," I said.

JC raised his eyebrows. "What." He looked down at what he was wearing, bringing his eyes to me, then back to his clothes. "Do I have something on me?"

Out of my peripheral, I saw Celeste hiding her smile. She knew that what she told me, before we came to the Bahamas, was true. Of course it is, because there's no way I'D be right at this stage of my life. No bloody way.

"Nothing Josh, you just, you look really great," I complimented. Why try to cover it up? The man looked like a Greek God.

"Thank you," he smiled. He looked from me to Celeste. "I know there's more going on here. But, I don't have the time to figure out what those looks are, we're late. Let's roll."

JC grabbed my hand so quickly, I didn't have time to think. I was completely mesmerized by him, and didn't realize I never let his hand go. I shouldn't do that to myself. I know as soon as we're back in the States, I won't have this anymore. I'm not going to risk anything with Emmanuelle in the picture. JC won't admit it, but it's so obvious he's into her. All I'd be doing is standing in the way, being even more selfish, if I don't let us have space. I know, I know, it's the same thing over and over again, but the more I repeat it to myself, the easier it'll be.

"Are you guys even going to tell us where we're going?" I asked. All of us were now in the van and heading off to some destination. JC's fingers were no longer interlocked with my own, but his arm was resting across the top of my shoulders. He smelled like sweet banana-coconut sunsets. Again, is it possible to smell like that?

"You'll see when we get there! Damn, were you always this impatient?" Justin smiled.

"Shut up, I only asked once!" I laughed. "JC, tell me, pleeeeease?"

"Oh no, none of your sexy moves are gonna work on him, so don't even try it," Celeste teased.

"What is it with everyone ganging up on me this trip?" I asked.

"You're the youngest, they're just dicks," JC cooed. I scrunched up my face and he chuckled softly.

"Look, we'll be there in a little while and you'll enjoy the surprise, patiently," Justin emphasized.

I sighed heavily, sitting back. I stared out the window, taking the beautiful scenery. The green tropical trees, the clear blue skies, the cyan-colored waters, it was all breathtaking. I had to go down to the beach and experience the essence of this place at night. It doesn't matter if I have to go alone, I'm heading out tonight.

Before too long, the van came to a complete stop. I was so busy daydreaming, I barely noticed. Nonetheless, I got out of the van, stretching out my legs. I took a quick glance around. I felt my cheeks rise, and a smile appear across my face. The aquarium. I'd never really been to one before. How is it possible to live in California and never go to Sea World? Don't know, but I haven't done it for twenty years strong.

"The aquarium? Oh, you guys rock!" Celeste exclaimed.

"Oh, I love the enthusiastic appreciation," Joey smiled.

"Thanks for bringing us, guys," I said.

"You're welcome. Now come on, let's get in there!" Justin said.

Celeste and I locked our arms together and walked in, ahead of the guys. It was early, there were barely any people there, but security would stay out front. My guess is there was some work the guys needed to do being snuck into this aquarium visit, and the place was going to end up closed down to the public. Either way, I was way too excited to care about them working or not.

Well. That is until I saw the cameras.

"I knew it, I knew it," I said.

Joey chuckled. "You sound like one of the great ancestors from Mulan."

I laughed as I nudged him gently. The cameras were from CBS, duh, since they were doing the concert for them. I guess they had to shoot interviews or something, which is cool, but why the aquarium?

"Okay, we're going to set you guys up further in," I heard a cameraman say.

We followed the camera crew in, and as we got more inside the building, I started to let my inner child out. I was shocked. It was a tunnel-like hall, all glass, with sea life swimming all around the top and sides. Like a complete and total tourist, I took out my disposable Kodak and snapped a few pictures of the aquarium, then some of me and Cel. No flash of course. While the guys waited for the crew to set up, they also took the chance to take in the aquarium. We all were like little kids at a toy store: pointing and saying things such as, 'oh, look at that one!'

"Ladies, can we have you step over here?" A woman asked us. Cel and I stepped to the other side of the cameras as the guys all lined up across the hallway. Joey was leaned against the cement wall, then Justin, JC was in the middle, then Chris, and Lance was against the other wall. JC was quickly giving the guys their notes. Soon afterward, he counted off, and Justin began to sing "This I Promise You."

It was like being in a concert hall, the way their voices bounced off of the glass and filled the whole place. I'd heard the guys do a cappella singing plenty of times, but this was perfection at its' absolute best. The chills that creeped up my spine, the goosebumps that quickly spread across my arms, it was beautiful. I quickly peeked over at Cel and could see the tears glistening in her eyes. Mine were already falling, being wiped away. We didn't want to distract them. JC was tearing that song a brand new asshole. In my mind, there was no way I could believe he wasn't feeling those words as he sang them. The cute smile that appeared on his face as he glanced over at Chris. I found myself really feeling an admiration for JC.

As Justin let up on that last note, there was nothing but the sound of the water behind the glass. You could still hear a pin drop. I soon as I heard the word 'cut', that sound of applause from merely seven people, including us, was enormous. Cel and I walked back over to them, wiping our faces, and they all looked deeply touched.

"Excuse us, we're big babies," Celeste smiled. Fanning her eyes as Joey threw his arm around her shoulder, squeezing her close to him.

"Aww, you guys," Lance said.

"That was, I don't even know what to say," I said. Justin and JC beamed at me. If I EVER think of regretting going to Orlando as a kid again, I'd want someone to smash me over the head and remind me of this moment. I was grinning, completely sure that I was blushing as well.

"So it sounded good? I thought I was a little off," JC said.

"Good? That was amazing and trust me, you guys weren't off," I said.

"Guys, we're going to do the interviews now, we need to move to the next location," the woman said.

"Okay, we've gotta get going. Uh, we'll meet you guys back at the hotel for dinner?" Justin asked.

Celeste and I nodded, waving the guys off. Time to work. I'd love to just spend some time with them, all hanging out, but it was probably going to be difficult because who knows what the guys would be up to in the coming year.

2001: I'll explain #2

Celeste and I were supposed to meet the guys for dinner, but instead we wanted to go see them rehearse. Who sits up in their hotel room when *NSYNC happens to be rehearsing nearby? Not one single adolescent to grown woman on the planet. That being said, there was no way we were going to stay at the hotel. We each threw on a light sweater, in case it got cool, and headed over to where the concert was being held.

There were a few teenage girls hiding behind bushes, trying to catch a glimpse of the guys unseen. I wonder if I didn't know them, would I be doing the same thing. Probably not. How the hell would I get to the Bahamas? Nonetheless, I banged my hands against the gate and screamed like I was 17 years old and wanting to get into Lance's pants. After screaming 'oh my God Lance, I love you!' about ten times, I noticed a bright smile walking toward Celeste and I. One guess who it was. Lance gave us a baffled look, but he was amused. He signaled for us to go around and we'd be let in. Those teenage girls hated our guts, but it's *NSYNC, I can't blame them. Before leaving, I took one of their cameras, Cel took the other, and we promised them amazing pictures. We got their room numbers and before the day was over, these girls would have their cameras back. It wasn't meeting the guys, but it was the best I could do.

Once we were allowed to come inside the rehearsal area, the guys invited us to come on the stage for a quick moment before they got back to work. One of their band members was having a problem with his guitar. Standing on the stage, looking over everything was almost surreal. Before I didn't understand how the guys did this, but being able to see things from this viewpoint, I definitely understand what makes them keep coming back.

"Of all the names you could scream, why Lance?" JC asked me quietly, while the others' attention was focused elsewhere. He was standing closely next to me. He still smelled amazing.

"I've screamed yours enough, don't you think?" I grinned deviously.

JC chuckled, brushing his hair away from his eyes. It was best if I looked away while I still could. Any longer and I'd be completely caught in the essence of Joshua Chasez. And this time, I sure as heck wouldn't fight it.

"Don't start up anything you won't be able to finish, Zee," JC smiled.

"It was an innocent comment, take it how you want to," I responded.

"I just might." JC's breath was hot against the side of my neck. I felt the small trail of his bottom lip up my skin. I admit, my knees buckled. Just a little. I played it off as me placing my hand on my hip, switching my stance. Yeah, it was time to get the hell off the stage.

"Cel! We need to get the hell off the stage!" I said. .....it was all I could come up with. My vocabulary is limited when I'm trying to hide being teased. I heard JC's soft chuckle. I quickly found the nearest and quickest way to get me more than 100 feet away from him. I'd have jumped off the stage if the possibility of me breaking both legs were lower.

We stood in the area where the crowd would be located, and acted as the audience. We applauded, danced, and screamed like idiots. This was the happiest I'd been in a long while. I was having great moments with the most important people in my life. Not worrying about anything, just enjoying myself. Trying to find some peace within me was difficult to almost non-existent lately. In my mind, I had played out every single different scenario on simply disregarding whatever I was feeling and diving right into a relationship with JC. None of them turned out good, no matter if it started that way.

Faster than it seemed, the guys were done with their last run through of the songs and were getting ready to head back to the hotel. They were done for the rest of the day and had the night to do whatever they pleased. Celeste and I began to walk toward the exit of the area, maybe those girls were still waiting. Sure enough, they were. We handed them their cameras and they thanked us. No lie, I'd be freaking out, too, if I were them.

"Well that was undoubtedly my deed of the day," Celeste smiled.

I rolled my eyes, pursing my lips. "Doesn't matter what good deeds you do, they don't count."

"What?! Why the hell not?" she asked.

"Because you‘re Hades," I laughed. She elbowed me in my side, and I laughed harder, clutching my side. But, of course my best friend wasn't going to let me get away with that.

"If I'm Hades, then you're my 'stuck in the underworld, wife Persephone," she laughed.

"Jerk. Can you believe we have only two more days here?" I asked.

Celeste sighed. "Yeah, it totally sucks. We definitely have to make it back here and bring our parents."

"I was thinking of just moving here," I laughed. "It would be great, wouldn't it?"

"Not unless you really don't want to see the guys anymore, JC and Justin, more specifically," Cel replied.

I rolled my eyes. "My life doesn't revolve around them, they'll be fine without me."

"You're wrong, your life does revolve around them and not only will they not be fine without you, you definitely won't be alright without them."

I brushed away her comment, not even wanting to defend myself. It was pointless. Celeste knew me and she knew how right she was. No one seems to get it. I barely understand it myself. Justin and JC mean a lot to me. I mean sure, we get into our little tiffs and whatnot, but they've been great friends to me.

"Zahra." I glanced over at Celeste; she was about to ask me something, I knew she was. "You have the opportunity to have something real with JC and you're letting it slip away. Why are you doing that to yourself and to him?"

I let the a question simmer and attempted to explain. Thing is, every time I tried to give her an answer, I ended up falling short. I don't know why. No matter what answer I have her, she just wouldn't get it. No one gets it, not even me.

"I don't know Celeste."

"You're doing so much sabotaging to push JC away, only to find that he'll just hold tighter and keep fighting for you. Zahra, look at me. I know the relationship between you guys hasn't been particularly a fairy-tale, but that man loves you. If you still want the time apart, make sure you think about that before you make your decision final."

With that being said, I stayed quiet for the rest of the day. While Celeste went to go explore the hotel more, I stayed back in the room, laying in bed. Really thinking. I love JC, I do. But how is it fair to rush straight into something and have it fizzle out or crash and ruin our friendship? Why does no one else see it this way but me?

After finally spending pretty much staying in bed the rest of the day, I got up off my sad butt and looked for something appropriate to wear to dinner. I put on a simple, barely above-the-knee dress; the plaid pattern matched exactly with the Caribbean feel of the Bahamas; sky blue, light green, and white. I left my hair down and slipped on my white Keds tennis shoes. Picking up my bag, I walked out of the hotel room, closing the door behind me. By sheer coincidence, though it barely even surprised me anymore, I ran into JC as he was making his way down the hall.

He grabbed my hand, wrapping his arm across my shoulder, and pulled me close into his body.

"Hey Jace," I gushed. I gushed. I still can't believe how easy it is for him to make me react in such a way. I inhaled his scent, he'd just gotten out of the shower. I glanced up, admiring, again for the millionth time today, how amazing he looked.

"Hey babe, where have you been all day?" JC asked, slowing down our walking pace as we neared the elevator.

"In the hotel room, thinking," I replied.

"Thinking about what?" I knew he would ask. He always asks.

"About things."

JC waited for me to step into the elevator and he followed suit. "Things like....us?"

I nodded. He said 'us', not 'you and I', which means he considered the both of us as together, a unit. Not just individuals together.

"What'd you end up thinking about us, Zahra?" he asked.

The elevator came to a stop and the doors open. I saw everyone else waiting in the lobby so we could all go to dinner. Now wasn't the time to talk about this. I had to put on a smile and enjoy this time with the closest people to siblings as I could get. We were in paradise after all.

I took a deep breath before looking up into those beautiful ocean-colored eyes. They were looking back at me which so much adoration. Much more than I'd ever seen from him. Everything inside me turned to mush. I could feel my heart jolt, my eyes becoming clouded from the tears that welled up.

"Later. I promise." I wasn't entirely sure what the cause was for my being so emotional, but I quickly looked away and pulled myself together as we'd gotten to everyone else.

"I'm holding you to that, Zee," JC whispered in my ear. "Hey guys, ready to hit it?"

"Yep, just waiting for you and the Misses," Celeste remarked. Chris nudged her gently and they both snickered. Jackasses.

"Oh ha ha, you're so funny I forgot to laugh," JC quipped.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers outdoorsex tour soloj triangles celebritysync jc justin friendswithbenefits