Author's Chapter Notes:
*** Updated 2/7/2013

Chapter 16: Intentions

 

            Lexi reappeared with their drinks and let Chris know that ‘N Sync was going on in a few minutes.  He needed to go and get ready.  Chris excused himself from the table and headed back stage.  Somehow he knew that Jade would be there to check up on him.  Sure enough just as he cleared the floor and was out of the line of sight for the customers, she grabbed his arm and pulled him close to her.

 

            “How is everything going?” She asked. 

 

            “Good, I think she really likes me.” Chris explained debating on whether or not to tell her about the gift he had been given.

 

            “Perfect, now once you get back to that table, stop stuffing your face and start making me some money.” Jade snapped tightening her grip on his arm.  She gestured with her other hand, rubbing her figures together to drive her point home.  Chris nodded to her though he wasn’t sure what else he could do; it wasn’t like he could just bring something like that up without offending his date.  If she wanted it surely she would be the one to bring it up, not him.  After Jade left Chris spun around to the other guys, who had witnessed the whole little conversation, but said nothing. 

 

Chris instead held out a napkin which he had managed to fill with some fruit that he had swiped from the table when no one was looking.  He wanted to share his good fortune with the others.  The little victories were few and far between for them so it was nice to share when you could.   The guys didn’t question where the treat had come from, they just enjoyed the fruit.

 

“Are you really going to do it?” Lance asked.  Chris looked at him a minute confused.  “She wants you to sleep with her, right?” Lance questioned.  He had been able to gather that much about Chris’s special date.

 

“I don’t think there will be any sleeping, just sex.” JC stated coldly.  He knew that Chris couldn’t leave the building, whatever happened would just be a quickie, probably in a back room somewhere.

 

“I don’t think I have a choice.  I mean the girl hasn’t brought it up or anything, I think Miss Gaillard wants me to do it more than the girl does, for the money of course.” Chris explained.  Lexi spoke up and informed them that it was time to go on. 

 

“Jade wanted me to tell you that it is really important that you do well tonight.  But she didn’t say why.  So just go out there and do the very best that you can.” Lexi explained.  The guys just nodded, they wanted to know more but realized that Lexi probably didn’t even have all the answers to night.  Something odd was going on and it looked like it had something to do with Chris’s date for the evening.

 

Lexi had overheard most of the conversation and it was upsetting to her, more so on Jade’s side of things.  While the guys were on stage Lexi slipped away, back to the VIP area, maybe it was time she had a face to face conversation with her old friend. 

 

“Hey, can I talk to you for a second?” Lexi asked sticking her head into the VIP room.  Isadora smiled and followed her out; she wanted to get closer to the stage any way for the guys’ performance.  “I see that you are still a fan.” Lexi added as Isadora fixed her eyes in the direction of the stage.

 

“Yeah well some things never change.” She sighed.  “So how are you?  It’s been awhile.”

 

“I am good; we can catch up later.  Jade seems to be under the impression that you may want sex with Chris, is that true?” Lexi questioned.  She turned and looked Isadora in the eyes.  Just by looking at her you would never imagine her to be a Millionaire.  Her clothes were all from her clothing line, which was geared toward the average person. 

 

“I would be lying if I said that the thought hadn’t crossed my mind, but you know that is not why I am here.  We have a plan and I am sticking to it, but I did want to do something special for my birthday so I rented Chris.  This just seemed right, like something a spoiled little rich girl would do.  Jade needs to think that I am hooked.” Isa explained.  She watched as the boy band moved around the stage.  They were trying their best to be flawless but it wasn’t the most impressive ‘N Sync performance that Isadora had seen.

 

“I am concerned about your intentions toward Chris.” Lexi stated boldly.  Isadora turned to her again and Lexi braced herself for a verbal assault, she knew she had over stepped the professional boundaries.  When it came down to it Lexi was just a cocktail waitress, who was she to question some one of Isadora social standing. There was a giggle and then some silence. 

 

“My intentions?” Isadora questioned, raising a brow at her old friend.  “I intend to have a good time tonight and I am just enjoying his company.  I admit to being human however.  But I would never do anything to hurt him and you know that.  I am looking at the big picture here.”  There was certain professionalism to the way that she spoke; it had always been that way with her. 

 

“I am not going to lie to you; Jade Gaillard is after your money tonight and she isn’t afraid to force Chris to do whatever it takes to get it.  And if he seems a little… odd, it’s because Jade tried to give him drugs tonight.” Lexi explained.

 

“I always liked that about you, Lexi.  You tell it like it is.  But everyone is after my money and I know it.  I appreciate the info on Chris though; it’s nice to know that my date might be high.  He did seem a little conflicted and scared.” Isadora explained.  After all she genuinely liked Chris and didn’t want to hurt him.

 

“Conflicted and scared, that is 100% Chris.  It’s the energetic and fun side of him that is long gone, if you see that side tonight then it’s because he is on could 9.  That is not to say that he couldn’t be like that again, but he isn’t there now.  Well I should let you get back to your party.” Lexi sighed.  She felt a little better about Chris’s situation now.  But ultimately Isadora could do whatever she wanted tonight and Lexi couldn’t stop her, she could only hope that all that money hadn’t gone to her head and her friend would honor their contract.

 

“You know if you weren’t working tonight I would ask you to join us, but I supposed that would ruin the plan.” Isadora offered.  Lexi nodded but sadly she had to work, her rent was due.  “Relax Lexi, the plan hasn’t changed.  I am not like her.  I don’t double cross and I take care of those that take care of me.” Isadora added, glancing at Jade as she spoke.  The woman’s horrid reputation precedes her.

 

“Does it now?  Well there are those that still like her enough to do business with her.” Lexi stated, sounding a little annoyed by the thought of Jade having any friends. 

 

 “I have their best interest at heart, I promise.” Isadora said and then walked off, after all the show was over and she needed to get back to her party before too many people saw them talking. 

 

Chris cleared the stage after their last song and was on his way back to the VIP area when Jade stopped him again, she didn’t say anything this time she just slipped something into his back pocket and then smacked him on the butt, sending him on his way.  He didn’t even need to look at it to know what she had slipped him.  Chris paused when he passed Lexi; he had seen her talking to Isadora during the performance.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” Chris questioned.  Lexi laughed, that seemed to be a question that he asked a lot lately, but she didn’t blame him with everyone was so critical of him. 

 

“No, I just recognized that she was clearly a fan and didn’t want her to miss the show.  She seems nice and I think you are in good hands.” Lexi explained.  Chris nodded and thanked her before heading off back to his date.

 

Isadora smiled when he appeared back in their area.  “That was some fancy foot work.” She teased.  Chris blushed a little and hung his head, glancing at her in a way that made her heart flutter.  There was something to be said for being modest. 

 

“Would you like to dance with me?” He offered.  He realized that he had just gotten off the stage but the kind of dancing he had in mind for them would only require a fraction of the effort and get him back in good graces with his master.

 

“Are you sure you want to dance with me, I have no rhythm at all.” She explained. 

 

“Well, I am a good dancer, so together we can be pleasantly mediocre.” He said, offering her his hand.  Isadora thought about what Lexi had said, but there was nothing wrong with a little dancing, right?  She took his hand and he pulled her to her feet again.  She came to rest against him and she felt his hand slide down her back so that he could guide her to the dance floor.  He kept her close to him, allowing his hand to side all the way down to her ass for a minute.  It was his way of making her feel like she was special and appreciated. 

 

“Is it safe for you out here?” She asked as they took their place among the other people on the dance floor.  Chris looked around, a few of the girls had recognized him, but most of the regulars knew the club policy.  To ask Chris for anything would cost money and if he was already with someone they were supposed to leave him alone.

 

“I am safe as long as I am with you.”  He whispered as he pulled her closer to him and started to move with the music.  She had been right about one thing, she was a terrible dancer, he did his best to adjust her rhythm and put it in tune with his own.  Isadora was slowly getting the hang of it.  He spun her around and began to grind into her back side.  She was tiny and fit well against him.  He closed his eyes and let out a groan, for some reason this felt good to him.  It was like he was on auto pilot, but that may have been what was left of the ecstasy kicking in.

 

Isadora’s mind was racing, his hands were on her hips and he was moving her very seductively.  This part wasn’t planned and she had to admit she liked it even if he was only acting.  But it made her wonder how much he would change when he realized that she was going to buy him or at least try to.  “You must have gotten over your fear.” She breathed. 

 

“I wasn’t afraid.” Chris defended, “It’s just rare that my dates are as attractive and nice as you are.  It kind of threw me for a loop.”  If that wasn’t the truth, Chris tensed as the blood started to rush to a place that he wasn’t sure he wanted it to go yet.  He felt himself stiffen almost instantly inside his jeans.  He looked around, but Jade was nowhere in sight, that made him wonder it his current state had been naturally accruing or if it had been forced upon him.  He liked Isadora but he couldn’t be sure of anything anymore.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story