Author's Chapter Notes:

OK sorry about the delay. Here is Chapter 2... I hope you like this story. Please let me know what you think. 

Featured Songs:

Skin Deep   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzBFNGxaMYI

Borderline   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSaC-YbSDpo 

Cherish    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q2WS6ahCnY&ob=av2e

La Isla Bonita    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adG5O3yJocI

Crazy For You     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2pYLcdrcQs

Disclaimer: Same as before... 

Chapter 2

 

One Week Later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girls of Allure were seated around a small conference table in Johnny WrightÕs office going over the schedule for the week. They were now working on the completion of their first CD. They have the two songs they performed at JustinÕs birthday party a week ago, recorded and complete, but there were still nine more songs to choose and record for their first album.

 

ÒOk girls, hereÕs the plan for this week,Ó Johnny said as he handed to each of them a copy of their schedule for the week. ÒEveryday from 7AM to 12NOON you will be in the studio recording, then there is a short break for lunch, followed by promotional stuff for a couple of hours, and then you are scheduled to be at the dance studio from 4PM to 7PM. Today you have a photo shoot and interview with Teen People Magazine for their Up and Coming Musicians section.Ó Johnny Wright stopped pacing around the room and sat down in his chair. He gathered the papers in front of him and lightly tapped them into a neat, organized pile. He looked around the girls seated at the table around him and smiled. They were a group of the sweetest girls, and seemed to all get along pretty well together.

 

Lauren and Maria were seated next to each other each making notes on their copy of the weekÕs schedule. Kimberly and Madison were sitting in their seats with their knees folded up to their chest their arms in front of them holding their schedules while their eyes perused over it. Tiffany was sitting on her knees tapping her fingers lightly on the table; she was the one that seemed to have the most trouble sitting still for meetings, but some of that can be attributed to her youth.

 

ÒAlrightÉ Well its almost 6:30 you girls should probably head on over to the JIVE recording studio so you wonÕt be late. IÕll be stopping in later this morning to see how things are going. You have the first couple of songs picked out to work on, so you should be all set with that.Ó Johnny said as he collected his papers once again, this time set them down on his desk, after excusing the girls.

 

ÒBye Johnny,Ó the girls all called out as they walked out of his office and towards their cars, so they could drive over to the JIVE offices. The JIVE Orlando headquarter building was only about fifteen minutes or so away from JohnnyÕs office, but traffic is very unpredictable in Orlando. Sometimes a short ten-minute trip can easily turn into an hour-long affair.

 

Recording Studios (JIVE Orlando Headquarters)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this point, the girls had been in the recording studio for about an hour working on the chorus harmonies for their next song Skin Deep (ÒSkin DeepÓ by No Secrets). It was now time for them to work on the verses. Jared is their producer for this album and he is really very dedicated and committed to them and their album. He is a perfectionist though and so the girls find themselves singing the same lines over and over again, even when a take seems beyond amazing.

 

ÒOkayÉ Madison I think weÕre going to skip ahead to your verseÉ Girls donÕt forget to harmonize on the yeahÕsÉ Here we go-Ó Jared said as he pushed the record and then the track button to play back the instrumental music for the girls. Madison stepped up close to her microphone, shut her eyes and listened to the music come through her headphones. She heard the playback of the chorus they had repeatedly sung earlier and it sounded really good. When the last lines of the chorus played back she paused a moment longer before beginning her lines.

 

You sit me on the top of your world

Can't take your eyes off me

You say that I'm your candy girl

Well, that's oh so sweet

Boy, have you got what it takes

Something special?

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

 

Don't think this beautyÕs

 

ÒThat was great MadisonÉ Let go through it a few more times,Ó JaredÕs voice came across the speakers. Madison nodded her head in response and began to sing it again. After several more takes of MadisonÕs verse, and a half an hour. Jared moved on to record TiffanyÕs verse (verse 1) and LaurenÕs verse (verse 2), followed by Kimberly singing the breakdown. They recorded for about another hour, before moving on.

 

ÒGirls I want to work on the breakdown a bit moreÉ I want to try it with Madison singing in between the harmonies this timeÉÓ

 

(Down, down, take it to the bone)

Get to the beauty within

(Down, down, take it to the bone)

Got to discover me

(Down, down, take it to the bone)

Open your mind and come in

(Down, down, take it to the bone)

 

ÒYeahÉ I think that sounds betterÉ So instead of Kimberly singing that partÉ Madison IÕm going to have you work on that also,Ó Jared looked down at the soundboard in front of him and didnÕt see the evil eye look Kimberly was giving him for taking her solo part away. Madison looked over at Kimberly with a shrug and a mouthed ÔI'm sorryÕ. Kimberly just rolled her eyes in response, and the girls continued on with their recording.

 

Just before noontime, Jared decided to call it quits for the day, and told the girls they would work on wrapping up the recording for ÒSkin DeepÓ tomorrow. The girls grabbed their things to head out of the recording studio.

 

ÒMadison can I talk to you for a minute?Ó Jared questioned as the girls walked out of the room. Madison stepped out of the booth and met Jared in the small lounge area of the studio.

 

ÒWhatÕs up Jared?Ó Madison questioned before taking a sip from her water bottle.

 

ÒYou have an amazing voice. The range on itÉ Wow, we could really do a lotÉÓ

 

ÒUm thanks,Ó she said with a confused question in her voice.

 

ÒI was just curious why you didnÕt try to go solo?Ó He asked looking her up and down, while he leaned his back against the wall.

 

ÒWell, because the audition I was invited to was to be a part of a girl groupÉ Not to be a solo singerÉ ItÕs as simple as that,Ó she stated with a slight shrug and turned to put her water bottle back in her bag. When she turned back around to face him, she realized he was now standing a lot closer than she expected and she instinctively took a step backward in response.

 

Ã’I could help you record a demo as a solo artistÉ If you wanted to go that route,Ó he questioned and reached a hand out to run his finger along the side of her arm. Madison stepped back further to compose herself before she flipped out on him. Who the hell does this guy think he is?  Madison thought to herself, before she answered him.

 

ÒThanks, but no thanksÉ IÕm locked in a contract anyway,Ó she left her response at that and quickly walked out the door, slamming it behind her. She abruptly turned the corner at full speed to get as far away as she could from Jared, but immediately was halted when she bumped into something tall and hard. Two arms reached out to grab and balance her before she fell back on her butt.

 

ÒWhereÕs the fire young one?Ó The figure asked. Madison looked up and saw JC standing there with his strong hands still gripped around her arms. When she looked at his hands on her arms, he quickly let go. ÒSorry about that. I didnÕt want you to fall.Ó

 

ÒNo, youÕre fineÉ I mean itÕs fineÉÓ She sputtered out. Hoping he didnÕt catch her slip. When she looked back up at his face again, she knew there was no such luck. He had definitely caught her slip of the tongue. ÒI really need to go nowÉ My friends are waiting for me down in the cafeteriaÉ IÕll see you later,Ó Madison waved to him as she continued on her journey. JC just smiled after her and shook his head.

 

Dance Studio (JIVE Orlando Headquarters)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

ÒOk girls thatÕs a wrapÉ So I hear you should be finished recording your new song tomorrowÉ I have a rough copy of it to try and work through some moves tonightÉ I hope tomorrow we can start working on the choreography for itÉ But for tonight IÕll take it easy on youÉ ItÕs only 6 PM.Ó Alex their choreographer explained to the girls who ended up dropping on their butts after practicing their one fast song what seemed like a million times that night.

 

ÒOh thank GodÉÓ Maria sighed laying herself flat on the floor. The other girls giggled at her.

 

ÒAnyway, IÕll see you here at 4 PM tomorrowÉ Have a good night girls,Ó Alex stated as he collected his things and walked out the door.

 

ÒAlright, so whoÕs up for pizza tonight?Ó Lauren said clapping her hands together to get the girls attention.

 

ÒI am,Ó Tiffany jumped up to pack her stuff.

 

ÒIÕm a go,Ó Kimberly said stretching her body out before grabbing her stuff against the sidewall, where their bags were located. Maria gave Lauren a thumb up to signal her agreement.

 

ÒMaddyÉ How about you,Ó Lauren questioned the young girl still stretching on the floor. Madison looked up at her pushing her bangs out of her face.

 

ÒI think IÕm good LaurenÉ IÕm just going to stay here for a little bit longer and dance some stress away.Ó

 

ÒYouÕre sure,Ó Lauren questioned again. Madison nodded in response. ÒOk, weÕll meet you back a the apartment later then, since you have your car. DonÕt be too late.Ó

 

Madison laughed in response, Òok mom.Ó Madison waited for the girl to collect the rest of their things and head out before she pulled herself up off the floor to walk over to her own bag. She adjusted the band of her black spandex dance pants, and fixed the bottom band of her sports bra, before she reached down inside to grab her iPod and carried it to the sound system in the corner.

 

She selected her favorite playlist that contained music she loved to dance and relax to, and put it on shuffle. She was trained in ballet and jazz, taking lessons from the time she could walk. Dancing, like singing, was a stress reliever to her. Even though sheÕd just spent two hours dancing, she found herself re-energized to use her training and feel the music.

 

The beginning notes of MadonnaÕs ÒBorderlineÓ began and Madison found herself easily slipping into the routine sheÕs worked on for years. It was a mixture of ballet and jazz. She stretched her body, pushing herself to elongate through the jumps. She practiced keeping her focus while spinning around in circles. Before she realized it she found herself singing along as well. Madison danced in front of the mirrors watching her body extenuating the movements.

 

The music clicked over to the next song ÒCherish,Ó and Madison continued her dancing without a pause. This song she used more of her jazz background and some moves sheÕd picked up from other artists.

 

Cherish the thought

Madison swung her arms out and above her head stretching her body.

Of always having you here by my side (oh baby I)

She wiggled her hips from side to side.

Cherish the joy

She jump stepped walking forward towards the mirror.

You keep bringing it into my life (I'm always singing it)

She made come here movements and swung her arms out to the sides.

Cherish your strength

She closed her arms around her body quickly and then released them back out to the sides.

You got the power to make me feel good (and baby I)

She turned her body around and around in a circle around the room.

Perish the thought

She stopped and grabbed her head shaking it side to side.

Of ever leaving, I never would

She took two quick steps off to the right, before backtracking to the left.

Cherish

Give me faith

She swung down on one knee, before bring the other next to it.

Give me joy, my boy

She pushed her body forward.

I will always cherish you

Then slinked it back to lay on the floor with her knees bent in front of her, and her arms thrown out the sides.

 

She heard distant clapping and hooting before the song was over and popped her body back up quickly. She slid onto her butt with her knees bent in front of her, trying to catch her breath, and looked toward the door to see who had come into the room. Her breath quickly caught in her chest as she saw a few of the guys of NSYNC standing there. JC, Justin and Lance stood there clapping for her dance.

 

ÒUmmÉ Hi,Ó she said with a slight squeak to her voice. ÒCan I help you with something?Ó

 

ÒDamn, will you dance with me like that? Whew! You got some moves there girl,Ó Justin smirked at her from the doorway.

 

ÒThanksÉ UhÉ Do you guys need this room for something? I thought it was free for the night,Ó Madison questioned brushing her blonde bangs out of her eyes.

 

ÒNoÉ We just heard the music down the hall and were curious to see who was in hereÉ We thought this room was supposed to be empty.Ó Lance advised her.

 

ÒOhÉ Yeah we had rehearsal until 6 PM tonight, but I decided to stay a little later and work off some stressÉÓ

 

ÒI can help you with thatÉ There are much better ways,Ó Justin grinned raising his eyebrows up and down. Madison laughed at his antics, which made the guys smile that she was willing to play along with them. ÒSo what do you say we head on out of here and-Ó he was stopped short by JC flicking the back of his head. This instigated more laughter from her. ÒWhat the heck man!Ó

 

ÒJ, you have your own rehearsal down the hallÉ Why donÕt you get on back to that,Ó JC turned Justin away and pushed him back out the door. Lance waved to Madison before he stepped out of the room. ÒIÕm sorry about them.Ó

 

ÒItÕs no problem,Ó Madison smiled at him. ÒIÕll see you laterÉ IÕm going to dance a little bit more before I head out.Ó Madison turned away from him, and walked over to her iPod to switch the song. The notes of ÒLa Isla BonitaÓ came through the speakers as Madison moved back to the center of the room.

 

Madison forgot about JC standing in the doorway; she figured heÕd returned to his own rehearsals. She began singing along and dancing across the room with gracefulness, pausing every now and then to add a Latin flavored sway and stomach roll. Before she reached the chorus a second time, she had a dance partner. JC stepped up behind her and grabbed onto her hips and continued her dance. Every now and then he swung her out to the side, then quickly pulled her back to his chest. They lost themselves in the rhythm of the dance.

 

The song switched over to ÒCrazy For YouÓ and they continued to dance together, but at a much slower pace. JC placed her arms around his neck and his own on her hips. They forgot about where they were for a moment and lost themselves in the eyes of one another. As they reached the chorus, they changed their movements from swaying side to side to dancing around the room.

 

They were so unaware, they were oblivious to the audience they had now gathered in the doorway. The guys had sent Chris down to find JC, but he ran quickly back to get the rest of them when he found JC and Madison dancing. Even Wade, their choreographer, had come down to find out what was going on.

 

ÒJ man, I think youÕve lost your shot there.Ó Chris sighed watching the couple dance to the slow song. Justin couldnÕt say anything in response; he stood there in shock.

 

ÒWowÉ They sure do have some chemistry between themÉ Is that JCÕs new girlfriend?Ó Wade asked the guys standing around him. All in received in response was four nods yes followed by four shakes of the head negative. ÒHuh?Ó

 

No one answered him, but stood there quietly watching the sparks come to life from the two people in front of them. What could they say? None of them have ever seen JC lose himself this completely over anything but his music. As the music ended, they watched as JC and Madison paused their dance. With the final notes of the song, JC slowly lowered his head as Madison lifted hers toward him. He lightly placed his lips against hers for a moment, before pressing harder against her lips.

 

The guys quickly walked away to give the new couple their privacy, as JC reached up to grab the side of her face with his hands. He tipped his head to the side and deepened the kiss, sucking lightly on her bottom lip. The music in the background continued to change over to another Madonna hit, but they ignored it as they continued kissing one another until breathless.

 

JC was the first to pull away and open his eyes. MadisonÕs own eyes slowly fluttered open, and her hand quickly rose to her flushed lips in shock. JC smiled in response and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. MadisonÕs eyes instantly saddened and she bit her lip before she stepped away from him.

 

ÒI canÕtÉÓ She sighed as she walked backward towards her bag.

 

ÒWait Maddy-Ó JC began, but was cut off when Madison ran from the room. He sighed and ran a hand over his hair. ÒDamn it,Ó he muttered. He walked over to the sound system and grabbed the iPod sheÕd left behind. It would give him a chance to talk with her tomorrow.

 

MadisonÕs run took her past the room the other guys were waiting in, and they stared at one another in shock. Before rushing to the door themselves to watch her escape.

 

ÒWell thenÉÓ Chris stated scratching his head in confusion. He looked to the other guys who all had dumbfounded looks on their faces and shrugged in response. They made a silent agreement to leave JC alone about it for now, but it wouldnÕt take too long for one of them to crack.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
So did you like? Or should I kill the story?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj tour tourjc jc justin