Six Months Later

Lisa had moved back into JC’s guest house once they became an official couple.  The assistant, Trevor, JC had hired had his own place not far away.  But Lisa hadn’t been about to live off of JC so she had taken Justin up on his offer to help him out, working on answering fan mail and handling things on the LA front as Justin traveled the world making movies.  JC wasn’t about to let Lisa fly around the world without him– not even with one of his best friends. 

The couple had their ups and downs as every couple does but they had settled into their relationship – at least that’s what Lisa thought. 

One Friday night, she was going out for a Girls Night Out and leaving JC at home by himself.  He had been in such a strange mood the past few days, it made Lisa think back to the past and how he had acted towards her. 

She was slightly worried that JC had tired of her and this was his way of trying to place some distance between them before the big breakup speech came.  Hopefully, this night out with just the girls would help her take her mind off of things and maybe allow her to get some boyfriend bashing in. 

Lisa took one more look in the mirror as she passed by, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear.  Kelly was due to arrive at any moment and then they would meet the other women at a nearby restaurant. 

A quick tap at the door preceded Kelly’s entrance.  “Hey Lisa.”

“Hey Kel.”

Kelly handed Lisa an envelope.  “I found this tucked in your door.”

It was from the offices of JC’s lawyers. 

Exchanging a look with Kelly, her brow furrowed, she quickly ripped open the flap and tugged out its contents. 

As she read the letter inside, her entire posture changed to one of rage.  Her back straightened, her teeth clenched, and her breathing became heavy. 

JC – her boyfriend – the man she pictured herself married to had sent her an eviction notice.  Many of the words made no impact to Lisa as she hurriedly skimmed the letter one more time.  But there were a few that had her plotting a dangerous crime – “six months to evacuate the premises.”

“He’s kicking me out – he doesn’t have the guts to break up with me face to face so he is kicking me out of his life.  Well, if that’s the way he wants it, I’ll be gone tomorrow, why wait for six months of misery.  I’ve been there before.”  She paced back and forth for a few moments, forgetting that Kelly was there, letting all the rage manifest itself until she was sure that she would explode. 

Passing by a window, she saw a light come on in the main house.  JC was home.  Well, she was going to give him a piece of her mind before she moved out. 

Her heels sank into the grass as she took a shortcut to the house through the grass.  Stopping to lean a hand against the nearby tree, she took the heels off and left them in the grass.  Taking deliberate steps, she vowed not to show JC how much he had hurt her yet again.  There was no way that she was going to give him the pleasure of seeing her cry this time. 

The back door flew open at her touch, bouncing off the wall behind it with the force of her shove.  The hallway was dark but she could see a light on in his formal living room. 

As she made her way down the hall, she paused before she entered, trying to rein in any tears, lecturing herself not to give into them, but it was so hard.  Then she looked once more at the letter in her hand. 

It was war.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the cliffhanger, I'm working on the next chapter - don't forget to review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant jc