Blue eyes blue, or whatever the saying was. As she cleaned the counters she had another vision. Only this one, didn’t belong to her. It had some other effect to it. She licks her lips in the feeling. It soothes, knowing what she knows. For a while, rather for her whole life, it was just her.

She was quite used to it all. Being somewhat different. Isn’t everyone, she would ask herself. The answer would be yes.

There was a loud holler but it wasn’t hers. She knew who it is and it couldn’t be good. The screeching sounds of Melora James a.k.a. sister-who-has-everything-the-spoiled-brat. Melora was the type of girl that guys look at. All guys look at. Sure the slutty wardrobe didn’t leave much to the imagination. She had nothing authentic about her and she knew it. Melora was a popular Regina George, head to toe. Mom and dad were too giving sometimes. Well, all the time. Being in her shadow had its not so nice attributes.

Melora had this hooker-like screech even when she was talking. Her boring brown eyes made everyone think she had no flaws. Someone who looks like her hasn’t got time for a personality. Ella found it annoying. So is her boy toy. The one she drags practically every waking moment of the day.

The problem with this is, he’s nothing like he seems. He’s the typical guy after the same deal yet its façade. He knows it too and that’s the sad thing. The way he looks at her when she’s not paying attention.

Truth was, he has just a good a chance as anyone to find someone worth it. College guys are supposed to grow a brain, that’s what everyone says.

“What are you still doing here? Why aren’t you with your geek friends?” Melora decided to chirp anyway.

Ella James scoffed as usual, “Because I’m so obsessed with you and Josh and I had to stay just to oogle at the boringness that is you.”

“Like I care,” she applied more red shiny gloss to her pout, “Speaking of which you need to get out of here, we need the house.”

Ella chuckled. Not buying her bull shit, “Wouldn’t want to do that now would we. Especially your failed attempts at achieving the medal for the Most Easy. Make me gag and bark.”

She whipped around from her dresser mirror, “I have no energy for this. Now out, I don’t want Josh to see you lurking at our business.”

Ella waved her hand and got up from the bean bed. “Nothing’s gonna happen anyway.”

“He’s mine, that’s all you need to know just so your paws don't get any ideas. He is a hottie after all.”

“Not interested, besides anyone you seem to date get krabs just looking at you. He’ll get tired like the rest of us proudly discover.”

Mel chortled, “You’re in way over your head. You’re just jealous.”

Ella nods dismissively, “Yeah, that would be really convincing if I cared a little bit. Good for you I don’t, eh?”

Her eyes narrowed, one of those looks that kill warnings Ella hates. “Out, now. Go play or something.”

Ella strides toward the door but turns around to bid adieu to the snake queen of Beverly Hills, “Oh, Paris, I’m hot you’re not!”

She was happy she got the last word in doing a little victory dance mentally as she trotted down the stairs in a slight skip. She was in a good mood, whenever she had the chance to outsmart her dumbass sister. Mel was never one for being the bookish belle. She was a belle with a capital B for bitch.

Ella walked to the kitchen almost jumping out of her skin. There he was. She tucked her hair to calm herself. Apparently he heard the small gasp and looked in her direction.

She really had to give Mel some credit for all the bagging such a creature. He had cut his thick, long brown tendrils since the last time she saw him. He got some highlights in it too. She preferred the shorter to the one Mel obviously forced him to get. Woman are vicious and Melora headlines as Queen Ass Face. His face had since aged the last time she saw him. She assumed college students don’t normally sleep. She memorized ever feature and curve of his face since the first time.

She saved his eyes for last as always. She realized she was doing it again and migrated to get a cup of juice. “Sorry, just came to get, you know?”

She could feel his stare almost targeting her. She hated when people would just stare at her with no purpose. “What’s up, Ella?”

“Not a whole hell of a lot. Mel’s primping and long story short is throwing me out so you guys can do nothing in one part of the house when there’s more space for all... well, you and I if we’re sharing.”

He watched as she took a slow sip of the cool yellow liquid and laughed at her banter, “I would have thought that by now you guys stopped all that bull shit. But I know she’s the one who provokes you.”

Ella was shocked by this. Come to think of it, this is the most they have talked in a month. With finals, everyones problems with family, Josh’s aunt died 3 weeks ago, he was a zombie, even to Mel. Ella assumed as long as he’s dealing in a healthy way, she wasn’t going to involve herself.

She never got to know Josh. Mel certainly was the big reason. But there was this thing about him, and she always wondered if only she got to see this side of him.

She smiled shyly, “Yeah, that’s what I keep saying.”

“Obviously someone always listens. I just realized we haven't talked since…”

“…yeah, I wasn’t, I mean -- I didn’t know if you were…” she was searching for the word, “ready to talk you know?”

He nodded, leaning his back against the marbel green counters. “I was messed up. I’m not completely over it…”

Ella watched his face shy away.

“Josh? Are you OK?”

He composed naturally, “Sorry. Let’s not rehash the past.”

She gave a thin but understanding smile, “Of course.”

Now there was that weird pause. Things were stingy Ella wished she never brought up such a sensitive issue. She could try and break the ice.

“I got a job recently.” It was true and what time of any to mention it she thought.

His face pulled in a smile, “Really? That’s cool. Congrats Ella. Where is it?”

She had to think now, it was hard enough to keep track of all the shit that went down. “Coffee place on Pico and Beverly Dr. It’s tiny but, its pretty nice. Been looking for work forever, heh, so yeah, just glad someone decided to throw me me bone.”

“That’s cool… Gonna hit me up with a sweet frap, you better.”

She giggled, relaxing finally, “Well when you demand so nicely like that, how can I resist?”

It was really funny but they both tried to make much the uncomfortable air that permeated the room. “I feel so calm when I’m around you, you know?”

Did he really just say that? She was confused now. He just 360ed? Not possible. “What?”

“I-- Mel?” he glanced behind her.

Takes a fuck up to ruin Joshua Chasez for her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story