Ella decided she'd just hang out next door. Suddenly she felt weird about what Josh said to her. He never was that open and she was a little irked to stick around them. Again, Mel being the other reason.

It was still fairly early so she figured she'd see a movie if one of them is home or just go stag. She skimmed her lap top for some good movies and showtimes. She rolled her lip as she found something watchable. She didn't really want to do anything like this. Somehow, Melora always managed to win. She was the favorite even growing up.

Ella sunk herself on the edge of her bed, drenching in her thoughts. When she first saw Josh, he was wearing those funny glasses, he still wears them when he studies and when he first met her parents. He is actually a good guy. He was really shy meeting them but when Ella started talking to him he got better.

She rolled onto her side and started shuting her eyes; yawing while doing so. She felt something jump on the bed and she opened her eyes. She looked down and felt herself get clamped up.

"Hey." He simply said.

"Hey? What are you doing here?"

"I came here to ask you if you..." she sat up, "Something wrong?"

She cocked an eyebrow, "Excuse me? No. What do you wanna ask?"

He was looking at her strangely, "I love your sister."

Somehow, its hurting to hear that now. Before she didn't care but she felt something. "OK? What does that have to do with me?"

He figured he'd just get it over with before anything else happens. "I want to ask her to marry me."

Ella barely noticed her mouth gape open. She was more in shock than she thought she ever could be. No wasn't a strong enough word to solidify any reasons or answers she could contrive. Why? What? She forget he was still there when her thoughts came back to her. "What do you, what? 2 months and you're keen on this already?"

He was visibly hurt, he thought he was set on this but he wanted to tell someone, "I realize it was 2 months ago but I really want to do this."

She couldn't bare to look at him anymore. She lost what she thought was a potential friend. Now, nothing. She's beyond bothered by this. Something about it wasn't genuine and Ella's not the type to let such strong suspicions slide past her.

She dreaded the next question even though she already suspected the answer, "Do you love her?"

He nodded immediately almost as if his life depended on that one question, "I care about her. We get each other you know? She's a good person."

"That's not what I asked. I could care about someone and not be in love witht them. Do you love Mel?"

His forehead crinkled. This wasn't how this was supposed to go. They never had a disagreement like this and now it was making him mad, "Isn't it obvious?"

"What? Is what obvious? I asked you a simple question and you can't seem to give me a--"

"It's a big ass question Ella, and you know the answer already." He stood by himself.

"Somehow, I used to believe that but you can't seem to decide a "yes" or "no" in the deal. Do you love my sister or not?"

"Ella... I, you know already."

"Quit the bull shit. You don't even know how you feel and you want to marry someone, why? Cause you think you'll be alone? What is your problem, Josh? What's really going on here?"

He started getting up pacing around as he did so, "You know what, forget it. I shouldn't have told you this."

Her legs swung around the bed and she folded her arms not quite getting his fit, "You're right. Get out of here. Go on do whatever you fucking want. I thought you were better than this."

He turned around to gaze her with accusing eyes. Now it was his turn to be confused, "What are you talking about?"

"Go away Josh. You've said enough..."

He knelt down next to her trying to look her but she refused, "No, I haven't."

She looked at him finally revealing the glazed view she was concealing, "...don't you think? I thought you were, I thought we were going to be..."

"Why do you think I told you first? My parents don't even know. What does that tell you?" He tried taking her hand in his but it was ejected quickly.

"Josh--"

"I love her very much."

5 words. Who knew 5 words were what culminated her demise. It was over, she somehow knew, she never had the chance.

She held back what was planning on slipping out of her eyes, desperately. She would never let him see her like this but still, she was going to be OK for now.

She turned her face, putting upon a brave manner, not so hard, "You do?"

He nodded, assured, "I do. I want you to know that."

"Alright. Why me? Why did you tell me and not your parents? People you love?"

He didn't really know himself. It was a mystery why he considered her first. Maybe her opinion matters. But more than his own family?

He sighs, looking sideways, anywhere but the eyes in front of him, "Could you not tell her please? I need to think about some things before I do this."

"Think about what? You don't want to ask her?"

"Not yet I just... I need to be sure."

He stood from where he knelt and made for the door, Mel was still downstairs so he needed to get down fast, be with her. He slowly opened the door--

"Josh?"

He turned, "Yeah?"

Ella knew she was prying but something about this didn't matter to her, "If you were really in love with Mel, you wouldn't need to think about asking her."

He said nothing and nearly ran out of her room as he eased himself and closed the door behind.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story