Justin and Joey's birthday party, January 2002
(Jade's Point Of View)

It was on the biggest bus, which wasn't filled with bedrooms, just floor space. For the new year, everyone got bigger buses. I don't know how much bigger these can get. It was so improved now, with a bit upstairs for more room, and each room had flat screens, but still, we only had a few dates left.

It wasn't as big as the party two nights ago. After the concert, there was an after party. That party was crazy! Filled with celebrities, and now there's another one tonight. Not everyone on tour was coming on.

So, I'm upstairs, sitting on Justin's bed, as he gets changed.
"Jade, help. I'm not feeling this shirt," he looked at it, not satisfied.
"Why don't you wear blue?" I suggested.
He cocked his head to one side.
"Anyway, it's not me you should be asking. Bring a wardrobe person up here, I'm a dancer."
"But you're my best friend. My lil sis."
"Honestly, Justin, the first one you put on looked great."
"You think? Okay."

"Justin, I really have to go downstairs. Paul might already be here."
"Say you're changing."
I began to panic, looking in the mirror, "Do I need to? Is this right? I should probably peek at what everyone else is wearing. What if I'm over the top?"
Justin grabbed a hold of my shoulders, stopping me from rambling. "You look great, not even that, amazing, Jade. Stop rambling," he laughed, slipping out of his t-shirt. He is one big show off.

"Music is playing, Justin, and no birthday boy."
"I'm coming," I opened his door, going down the steps first.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" everyone cried. I turned around, joining them, watching his reaction, taking a couple of pictures. A couple? Ha! I think if I didn't blink as much as I did, I would be blind.

"Baby."
I smiled, turning around to Paul, hugging him. I enveloped him in a long kiss. "Hey Paul," I whispered, catching my breath.
"Do you want a drink?"
"Yes please," I smiled. I stood waiting for him, rolling my eyes as he got involved in a conversation. He turned his body aroundÊto me, mouthing an apology.

"Jade."
"Kiara, giving the birthday boy his kisses?" I cooed, as she blushed slightly.
"You know what, stop. Why didn't you guys say you saw us kissing?"
"It's y'all's business...So, you guys friends?"
"Actually, sworn enemies when he put a kid's party hat on me and messed my hair."
I rolled my eyes, laughing. "Okay then, have you seen Paul?" I asked, looking at the drinks section. He was gone.
"Where was he?"
"At the drinks."
"There he is." Sshe pointed to him dancing with a girl on the floor. I froze, staring at them.
"Jade," Kiara waved a hand over my face.
"Sorry. It's okay. He's dancing," I glanced back. This was the feeling, jealousy.
"Tinkerbell!" Justin called, making me blush.
"Curly spice."
"I really like that name."
"Good. Enjoying yourself?"
"Hell yeah, I'm 21!" he smiled. His eyes really looked like a deep blue, mysterious sort of. I was falling into them. I love eyes. I love reading them, and seeing what the person was feeling. Justin, of course, was delight and happiness. "Here by yourself?"
"Kiara..." I looked around and she had disappeared. What's going on? "Paul went to get a drink."
"I guess he got distracted," he said, noticing where I was looking.
"Do you think she's pretty?" I asked.
"With an ass like that, heck..."
I glared at him, telling him he wasn't helping.
He carried on, "No. Looks like an elephant. She keeps backing up on him like that, her behind will make him fall."
I smiled, thinking of the thought. "She's really curvy," I whispered, sighing.
"Oh yeah," Justin turned his head to an angle to look at her. He turned to me, "Curvy like bakery rolls. Plastic surgery, Jade. Those breasts are fake, like Janice Dickinson thinking she's still 20."
I burst out laughing. Aww, Justin knew how to make me feel better.
"Hey, what's with the bitchiness? You jealous?" he asked, cocking his head to one side. He was doing that a bit too often. He was trying to suss me out.
"I'm not jealous, or bitchy."
"Stubborn."
"Am not. Well, if I asked you to get me a drink, then you're off getting a lap dance, wouldn't you be slightly pissed?"
"Jade, you said a bad word."
"Forgive me."
"I do. Just cut in and show him what he's missing, and then leave."
"I couldn't do that."
"You could, Jade. I'll be right here."
"Please, you'll get distracted as well."
"You'll see, I won't. Don't do something I would do."
"Says a lot about you," I laughed, as he poked my sides.
"Watch it, Jade. I'm the birthday boy. Now go." he pushed me towards them. I've never done something like this. I walked over there excusing her for a second, bringing his arms around my waist. He leaned down to my neck, kissing it softly, as I danced up on him for a few seconds, letting go, leaving them to dance. I winked at Justin and pointed to outside. Nodding, he followed.

"Well?"
"I can't believe I did that."
"Believe, Jade. You're bad. I said show him what he's missing."
"What was I meant to do?"
"Grab a random guy and slide yourself up on him."
I laughed as he showed me.
"But that was up close and personal."
"Hopefully he won't get the wrong idea, especially since I came out here," I said in between laughs. I stopped as I noticed I was laughing on my own, and Justin looked at me all serious.
"What?"
"I really hope he don't get the wrong idea, signals."
"Fiddles...Oh well, I'll be a virgin 'till I'm married."
"Good on you, Jade."
He hugged me, then walked back inside. I was taken away from him by Paul.

"Sorry about that. Your drink."
"What's inside?"
"Coke and a bit of vodka."
I nodded. As long as I didn't drink too much, I'll be okay, but I couldn't tell the difference between any alcohol.

~*~*~*~ (Justin's Point Of View)

"Kiara, Jade is drunk isn't she?" I asked, as I watched her out of the corner of my eye. Kiara, not even looking, replied.
"Jade does not get drunk. She hates it. Maybe she's jolly." I looked at Jade more carefully, as she kissed Paul.
"Kiara, that is not the Jade we know."
"She's missed him, Justin. I don't want to think she's drunk. She sees people around her with hangovers. It's like one of her things she promises herself, like her virginity."
The woman still hasn't seen Jade. "Well, Kiara, it looks like she might end up losing it tonight."
She turned to see Jade against the wall with her legs around Paul, still kissing. Kiara stood, jaw opened wide. "Don't let them out of your sight. I'm getting her things."
"Me? I have bad eyes."
"Well, talk to them."
"That I can do."

I strolled over there, tapping Jade. She pulled away, wiping her lips a bit. She smiled at me, getting down off Paul, who looked at me, then walked away.
"Justin, you having fun?" she asked, gazing at me.
"Yeah, are you?"
"Hell yeah! I'm having loads of fun," she's slurring.
"Jade, are you drunk?"
"Heck no, Justin," she slapped my chest lightly, "I've been drinking coke."
"Anything else?"
"Nope. Ask Paul. He's been giving them to me." She reached over to what was her drink, sipping on it.
"No alcohol whatsoever?" I took the drink from her, sipping on it.
"Jade, this has got vodka, coke, and rum."
"Never tried those together before."
"Then you wouldn't know, this is strong."
"Strong," she said, trying to sound manly.
"Paul said when I'm ready, he will carry me to our hotel room. He must be really strong to carry me."
"Hotel room? What hotel room?"
"We're going there tonight."
"Kiara is getting your things to take you back on your bus."
"No. I wanna be with Paul, Justin," she whined, pouting.
"Jade, look, come and get some water or coffee."
"No. Gimme my drink back, J!" she reached out, spilling it out of my hand. "Whoops, I'll clear it up. Maid on the way!" She dropped to the floor in an instant, wiping it with tissue.
"Jade, come on, get up. If our moms knew what state you were in, it's my neck on the washing line."
She stood up quickly, closing the space between us. I could smell the alcohol on her.
They wouldn't because I love you Justin...I looovee youuuu," she sang, dancing around.
"Jade, here comes Kiara."
"Kiara. I love her too."
"Omg!" Kiara froze, "Who the fuck gave her alcohol?"
"Paul did. He's so sweet, and strong," she said again, making it sound manly.
"Dear lord, the girl has lost her sense. I'm taking you to our bus."
"No, me and Paul are going hotel."
"So he can lose your virginity? Fuck no! Jade, I know how much it means to you. Not saying you don't want to lose it to him, but you ain't losing it drunk."
"Oh Kiara, you're too serious," Jade played with Kiara's face, making her smile.
"Jade, this isn't you. Snap out of it...Why would he give you alcohol?"
"What's going on? Jade, you ready?"
"Yeah," Jade took her stuff from Kiara's hand.
"Paul, she's drunk. She needs to go back to her bus."
"I'll take care of her."
"Justin!" Kiara begged.
I really didn't want to butt in 'cause I feel like punching Paul for getting her drunk. "Paul, let Kiara take care of her."
"She's fine with me. It's too crowded on her bus. Stop worrying, Justin. This is your party. Enjoy!" he turned around, walking out with Jade.
"Justin, come on!" Kiara pulled me.
"Paul."
"WHAT? Why you so against me taking her away from you guys one night? I don't know why I'm listening to you lot. I'm her boyfriend, and she's my girlfriend. We can do what we want."

This ain't working. I have to knock some sense into Jade. I walked around to the passenger side, stopping her from getting in the car.
"Jade, before we went inside, what did you say about your precious gift?" getting her to think would help, and delay.
"Jade, you know you don't want to go. It's the alcohol." She put a hand to her head.
"I'll see you guys in the morning," she whispered.
"Jade, please!"
"Baby, get in the car," Paul asked.
"Jade, you can't think straight." Kiara added.
"Shut up, Kiara!" Paul shouted.
"Shut up! I could smack you for giving her alcohol. Don't tell me to shut up, you seducing, mad, sex person! If she goes, and you take her virginity like this, I will sure high kick your ass back to Atlanta, Paul!" she stressed.
"Jade, get in the DAMN car!"
"Jade, please," I begged, holding my hand out.
"Don't mess with me. Get in the fucking car!"
"No," Jade whispered, shaking her head, placing her hand in mine.
"What?!" he cried, getting out.
"I said no, Paul. Some other time. I really don't feel well."
"You sure?"
"Yes. I'm sorry. I'll pay for the reservations."
"I need a break," he got in the car, driving away.

I hugged Jade, hard, "Thank you."
"I'm sorry."
"Come on."

I walked her back inside, giving her coffee. She went to sober quite quickly.
"Do you think he's mad?"
I really couldn't care, "Maybe, but you just smile and batter your eyelids, and you'll both be fine."
"Okay. He wouldn't have taken my virginity. He knows how special it is to me."
I raised an eyebrow hardly believing it, but I nodded.
"I have to thank Kiara again."
"I'm sure you thanked her enough, and she knows it wasn't your fault."
"Hopefully. I feel like a vulnerable loser."
"You're not."
"5 cups of alcohol and I'm drunk."
"Those were strong."
"I'm going to lie down, but you have a good evening."
"You sure?"
"Yes. I won't let you come up until everyone has gone."
"Okay. Will you be okay?"
"If you hear thuds, then come and get me."
"I will."
I kissed her forehead, then let her go upstairs.

~*~*~*~ 3 am
(Justin's Point Of View)

I walked upstairs, tired as hell. That birthday was wicked. I stopped, watching Jade sleep soundly on my bed.
"Jade," I whispered, nudging her slightly. She turned over, but still went back to sleep. I tickled her feet.
"Justin," she whispered, "is it finished?"
"Yeah, about time too."
She giggled softly.
"I have your bag if you want to stay here?"
"Thank you."
"You're welcome. Anyway, I'll be changing now."

I went to the bathroom, coming out a few minutes later. I sat on the bed with Jade sitting cross legged, with her hair tousled everywhere.
"Are you feeling better?"
"Much better. I swear never to drink alcohol."
I nodded, remembering all of this.
"Aren't you tired?" she asked me.
"Yeah, so I'm gonna sleep. Do you want anything?" I asked. There was a slight awkwardness, but I got in with Jade.
"Night."
"Goodnight." I kissed her forehead, then turned over to sleep.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour dancer