Orlando, Fla, March 2010

Chapter 1

Chris paced around his bedroom looking for an important letter that he had to give to one of his managers. He thought for a moment, remembering where he had it last. He checked his computer, opened up a couple of folders.

 

“Come on where is it? He muttered to himself, “I know I put in here somewhere.” He clicked on the last folder, and there was the paper.

 

“YES! I found it, thank goodness!” He moved the mouse over to the printer icon and clicked print. The document slid out from the printer that was plugged onto Chris’s computer easily. He took the document, put it in his backpack and headed out the front door.

 

 

But Tabatha! Serenity whined to her grandmother, “Why do I have to go to school, its already March, and you know I hate being the new student, in a new town.” She made a face and looked in the mirror, combing her black hair, which had a deep shade of blue.  Serenity was an eighteen year old girl that transferred to Orlando from a town that wasn’t even on the map. Nobody knew her secret, she was indeed a witch, and used to live in a place called “The Realm.” She was fine there, lived with all the people who were just like her, witches, warlocks, fairies, wizards, etc. but her grandmother, who was also a witch, insisted on coming to a place where normal people lived.

 

“Oh Serenity, stop making such a fuss.” You are just the same as all the other people that live in this town, you only have special powers, and remember you only use them when you really need too.” Tabatha said giving her a warm smile. “Now get going, you’re gonna be late.”

 

“Can I just use my broom?” Serenity muttered.

 

Tabatha chuckled “Oh you know you can’t use that here, people would start talking you know.”

 

“Well maybe you should’ve thought of that instead of dragging me out here to live in this damn stupid town.” Serenity muttered angrily at her grandmother.

 

“Watch that mouth young lady.” Tabatha said in a warning tone.

 

“Whatever.” And with that, Serenity walked out the door from her house and into the unknown town. Luckily the high school she was attending was a short walk from her house, so it wasn’t much of a big deal. She arrived at the school and stared at it, and saw kids entering into the building, laughing and giggling about something. She let out a whoosh of air, and said to herself “Here goes nothing.”

 

 

“Thank you very much Chris, you arrived here just in the nick of time.” The man said taking the document that Chris had in his hand. “That means, that you get to produce more songs for the new upcoming artists, we have a string of new talents and we want you to write some songs for them, some of them are into pop/rock categories, and you my friend, are very good at that.” The man said giving Chris a warm smile.

 

“Yes that is what I was planning to do.” Chris chuckled.

 

“Haha right, now we have a couple of artists waiting for you in the recording office, now go and introduce yourself to them.”

 

Chris agreed and went to do his job.

 

After hours of working on songs, and getting to know each of the artists, he realized that he was done for the day and looked at the time that was on the wall, almost two-thirty in the afternoon.  He got up from his chair and headed to the exit. He walked up the steep hill and into his car which was parked by a convenience store. He put the key into the ignition and put the car in drive, as he was heading down the steep hill, he pressed the brake pedal, only to realize that it wasn’t working, he pressed it again, but the car was going faster and faster down the steep hill heading straight into the busy intersection.

 

 

School went okay with Serenity, she made a couple of friends, they complimented how nice her hair was, and asked what town she moved from, she thought of something basic like Minnesota, which it wasn’t true of course, she couldn’t tell them where she really was from, they probably wouldn’t believe her anyway. As she was heading down the street and passed the hill, she had an instinct in her body that something was wrong, very wrong. Someone was in trouble and she had to do something, she used her senses where the trouble was coming from, and had a vision of a man heading straight into the streets. She looked around to see if anyone was looking, and teleported herself into the location and arrived just in time to stop the vehicle from behind before colliding with the many cars. The car skidded into a complete stop. Chris had his hands over his face and slowly opened them, his car was on, but it wasn’t moving anywhere, he didn’t even put the emergency brake on, it felt like something was holding the car, he placed a foot on the gas pedal, still the car won’t budge. He tried to get out of the car, but the door wouldn’t open either.

 

 

Serenity was hiding behind the bushes by a nearby house; her hands had a bluish glow on them. Chris was confused, because he saw that the car was parking itself.

 

What the hell?” Chris exclaimed and tried to control his panic. When the car parked by the corner, Serenity couldn’t just stay where she was, she had to tell him about it, she didn’t want him to go insane and run off telling people what just happened. She saw that there were already a few witnesses and were preparing to come up to the parked car and ask if Chris was alright, but before any of that happened. Serenity got up from where she was hiding and ran up to the car herself.

 

“Everything’s fine here.” Serenity called out to the witness, the man just nodded an okay and drove off. She opened the passenger door to Chris’s car which startled him and stared blankly at the unknown stranger.

 

“I’ll explain everything, just drive.” Serenity blurted.

 

Chris’s expression remained unchanged, which called Serenity to snap again.

 

“Didn’t you hear what I said? Drive damn it!” Chris was shocked by her sudden outburst and did what he was told and drove off with the mysterious girl. Chris had no clue what was going on, he had so many questions running through his mind, that he hoped would receive some answers. He even realized that his car’s brakes were working again.

 

Snapping out of his thoughts the mysterious girl spoke to him. “Take me to a safe place.”

 

“Uh..a safe place?” Chris wondered, the only obvious place was his house. “Is it okay if I can take you to my house then?”

 

“If that’s a place that you consider safe than that’s the one.” She muttered.

 

Chris was quiet for a moment and turned to the direction to his house; he approached his driveway, opened the garage and parked the car inside.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Read and review. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story