Chris slowly got out of his car, his legs felt wobbly; he placed his hands on the hood of the car to keep from falling. Quickly, he closed the garage door with the push of a button and turned to look at the mysterious girl that had her curious eyes on him. By the looks of it, she was around in her late teens, tall, a bit mischievous, dark hair with a shade of blue, big bluish green eyes. The outfit she was wearing, some dark blue denim jeans, and a black T-shirt.

 

“I’m not letting you in my house until I get some answers.” Chris frowned. “Who are you?” You aren’t some crazed fan out to stalk me are ya?”

 

“Fan?” Serenity asked confused. “No, I’ll explain everything to you, I promise, if I tell you just my name for now, will you let me into your house?”

 

Chris just stared at her with his arms crossed but nodded slowly.

 

“My name is Serenity, and I just moved here.” She blurted.

 

Chris then opened the door that led into his kitchen, cautiously but slowly. and then asked her what was his name. “Oh I’m Chris, Chris Kirkpatrick by the way.” He said, to see if any bells rang in her head, realizing that she didn’t say anything, he led her inside.

 

Serenity saw that he had some dogs, the dogs barked at her, but quickly backed away. Chris saw that and said “That’s funny, they never acted this way before, and especially when it comes to people that they don’t know.”

 

The dogs whined and curled up into a ball and laid down on some throw pillows.

 

“Weird.” He said scratching his head and stared at Serenity who just stood there by the doorway, and went to sit down on a nearby sofa.

 

Chris saw that she had something on her mind and sat across from her not breaking his stare from her.

 

“So, what’s going on?” He asked slowly.

 

“Ok, do you know that freak accident that happened to you like thirty minutes ago, and how your car stopped almost immediately and parked itself without you even touching anything?” Serenity rambled.

 

“Yeah, when I saw the steering wheel moving by itself, I didn’t know what to think, I thought my car was possessed.” He uttered a nervous chuckle.

 

Serenity’s expression remained motionless but spoke up “That was me, I was the one that controlled your car.”

 

Chris just stared at her for a moment then said “You had something to do with my brakes?”

 

“What?” No, I had nothing to do with your brakes; well, I helped you get home if that is what you’re asking, you’re brakes weren’t working and when I told you to drive, I just helped with the brake pedal and such and I saved you from getting into a horrible accident.” Serenity said.

 

“Saved me how? What do you mean you controlled my car, I don’t understand, how can you little girl stop my car, you don’t have super-human strength, and how do you know that I was gonna crash into the oncoming cars, and how do-

 

“Stop it!” Serenity yelled and cut Chris off, who was left stunned. “First of all, I am not a little girl!.” She said pointing at him, careful not to use her magic on him, but continued her rant. “Second, I may have something similar to super-human strength, and third because what I’m going to tell you, may not seem believable. She said quietly and put her head down.

 

“Well after what I’ve been through today, just go ahead and tell me your wild story.” Chris sighed and got comfortable.

 

 

“I’m a witch.” Serenity said, but looked up at him, to see his reaction.

 

“A witch?, Like the ones in movies and books?” He laughed sarcastically. “I don’t believe you”

 

“But it’s true!” Serenity explained. “You have to believe me; I have to tell you who I am, so that you won’t think that this was all some sort of coincidence.”

 

“Listen Sara Lee, or whatever your name is, you better tell me who you really are or I’m gonna call the police on you.” Chris asked getting up from the sofa heading to the kitchen counter where his cell phone was.

 

“No, don’t..what if? I’ll show you then.” Serenity said wide eyed.

 

Chris just snickered and went to grab the phone, but before he reached it, it flew off the counter; he almost lost his balance and grabbed onto the counter for support. He saw that the phone was floating in mid-air, and took a quick glance at Serenity, whose hands were all blue and sparkly, like she was showing a fireworks display.  Chris just stared at her shock, and Serenity then had her pointer finger, and lessened her magic a bit, the phone was moving all around the living room. She laughed and placed the phone gently on the kitchen table. She then stopped and blew and gave Chris a grin, who still had the look of shock on his face.

 

“You better pick up your jaw or I’ll pick it up for you.” Serenity smiled, and aimed her finger on him.

 

Chris quickly closed his jaw and started stuttering. “You-you’re a, a”

 

“I told you, but you didn’t believe me.” Serenity shrugged.

 

“I believe you now.” He whispered. “But uh, are you-a-an evil witch or a good witch?”

 

 

“I’m a good witch, I save people that are in trouble, depends on the distance of course, I have like senses and visions when something or someone is in trouble, or happening. She said.

 

“Like, you can predict the future?” Chris asked in amazement.

 

“No, not really, I just sense things, mostly people actually.” Serenity explained. She then told him on and on about where she came from, her magic, everything mostly. Chris was amazed that this complete stranger saved his life today, and it wasn’t just anyone, it was someone that existed in books, not in reality.

 

“So, lets get back to the brakes of your car, you gotta fix that, I think you need brake fluid or something.” Serenity said taking Chris out of his trance.

 

“Huh? Oh yeah, that.” Chris said and went to go to the garage to get the bottle of brake fluid, and called out to Serenity saying that she was right, the car did needed brake fluid, it was indeed dry.

 

Coming back into the house, Chris saw that she was looking around at all of his awards and pictures.

 

“I was in a band before, well, I’m still best friends with all of them, but we decided to take a little break for now.” Chris asked eying her carefully. “You do know about *NSYNC right? Because we were all over the freakin world back then; Chris saw that Serenity had a blank expression on her face.

 

“You don’t know?  Come let me show you.” Chris said and took her by the arm. He then put a whole bunch of videos of them when they were performing, bloopers, interviews, nearly everything possible. Explaining to her how he became famous, and they worked their way up.

 

                                                                                                                                            

“Wow, you guys are amazing, some really good music.” Serenity asked in amazement.

 

“You have music where you’re from right?” Chris said turning his head to her.

 

Serenity nodded yes “Yeah we do actually, but not like this, we have mostly rock bands, and alternative, electronica, and we have TVs as well, but totally different channels of course.”

 

“So you have everything that us normal people have, only with slight differences.” Chris said, flipping the TV off.

 

“Yeah, that’s basically it.” Serenity replied giving Chris a smile.

 

“This is so cool, I can’t believe I’m friends with a real witch.” He beamed.

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Serenity chuckled.

 

“But if I wanna hang out with you again, what do I do? Do I have to pretend to be in trouble, or what?” Chris asked.

 

“No, no, it doesn’t work that way, all you have to do, is say my name, for example you say I wish Serenity was here. And poof, I appear, would you like to see a demonstration?” She winked.

 

“Do I ever?” Chris laughed and sat on the sofa with a goofy grin.

 

Serenity zapped herself using her pointer finger; blue sparks did a complete swirl around her body making her disappear.

 

Chris looked around to see if she would appear again? “Uh Seri? He nearly jumped out of his skin when blue sparks appeared next to him on the sofa, and there she was smiling.

 

“Hi.” She waved.

 

“Wow! You are awesome!” He said happily and pulled her into a hug.

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon eating and talking, it felt like they’ve known eachother for years. Chris realized that despite their age and differences between them, he found out that he had a lot in common with her, and he loved that fact.

 

“Hey Chris, I have to go.” Serenity said, getting up from the table, holding her half-bitten apple in her other hand.

 

“Bathroom is two doors down, and make a left.” Chris asked.

 

Serenity just bursted out laughing “No Chris, I don’t have to use the bathroom.” She said, finishing up her apple and tossing it in the trashcan. “I’m going home.”

 

Chris frowned; Serenity noticed his expression and went up to him. “Don’t worry Chris, I’ll be back, whenever you wanna hang out or something, just ask for me, but not during school hours or late at night.” She smirked.

 

“Ok, how bout the weekends then, that way I can show you around here, get together, have some ice cream.” Chris asked.

 

“I’d like that.” Serenity smiled and gave him a hug. “Next time I’ll show you where I live, and introduce you to my paternal grandmother Tabatha.”

 

“She’s a witch too?” Chris asked.

 

“Yeah, she is, she can be a bit moody and stubborn sometimes but she taught me a couple of stuff so its cool I guess” Serenity shrugged.

 

“So you teleport to your house?” Chris said.

 

“Yep, so later gator.” Serenity chuckled, and with that she disappeared, the same swirl of blue sparks danced around her body.

 

Chris stared at the empty spot she was standing, near the table. “This is so incredible.” He said outloud, and with that he chuckled at himself and headed upstairs to get ready for bed.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story