Meanwhile, back at Serenity’s house

 Serenity appeared in her bedroom and lied down on her bed, staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars that she had hanging on the ceiling. Seconds later, she noticed orange sparks appearing next to her, there was her grandmother with her hands on her hips.

 

“Where were you young lady?” Tabatha said not breaking her stare from her.

 

“In school.” Serenity said.

 

“School? Do you have any idea what time it is?” Tabatha replied.

 

“Uh..nine-thirty?” Serenity asked looking at her Felix the Cat clock on the wall of her bedroom.

 

“You finished school at three this afternoon, where were you all these hours?” Tabatha asked.

 

“I was with a friend, I saved his life today, and if it weren’t for me, he probably wouldn’t even be here right now.” Serenity said sitting crossed legged on her bed.

 

“You saved his life?” Tabatha asked shocked.

 

“Uh yeah, I had too, it’s part of my magic Tabatha duh.” Serenity said with an eye-roll.

 

“You used you’re magic?” She asked.

 

“Yeah, his brakes weren’t working and his car was skidding down the hill, and if I wasn’t there, he would’ve crashed into the street of oncoming cars, and no they weren’t any witnesses, well there was one, but he didn’t really see anything if you know what I mean. Then I told the guy I saved to take me to a safe place, and so he took me his house. Serenity rambled.

 

“He took you to his house?” Tabatha said.

 

“Yep, he’s part of a pop group, and he’s really talented. His friends are good-looking too.” She grinned. But I haven’t met them yet, I will soon, right after I introduce him to you, so is that okay?’ Serenity asked turning her head to Tabatha.

 

“Yeah I guess, but I want you to be careful, I know that you are eighteen and want to do whatever you want now, but you know, don’t go overboard.” Tabatha softly told her.

 

“I understand Tabatha, thanks, don’t worry I’ll be careful.” Serenity then asked about how school was for her, and the friends she made. The two of them stayed talking for a short while, even though Tabatha usually got on Serenity’s nerves, she was a good listener and had a lot of patience, despite her old habits.

 

“Alright Tabatha, have a good night.” She asked.

 

“You too.”  Tabatha greeted.

 

 

It had been a good week for Serenity, she hasn’t heard from Chris, and probably kept his word on not bothering her during school days. Saturday came, and she was home reading some spells on her magic book. Tabatha wasn’t home, she went to go shopping at the mall, and luckily she didn’t have to save anyone, her magic was slightly different then Serenity’s, so she can just walk around like a normal person.

 

“Two drops of honey, one slice of lemon, and a horseradish.” Serenity muttered to herself. She placed the items in a tiny cauldron; it made a hiss sound, and stirred the contents in. She was making a herbal tea for herself, this kept her magic from shorting out, and it made it a bit more powerful. When she was done, she got her mug from the kitchen counter, and used a ladle to pour the hot drink into the mug. She blew it and took a sip.

 

“Perfectly brewed.” She smiled. As she was drinking her tea, she had a sense that someone was calling her, summoning her actually. She automatically knew who it was, and placed the mug in the microwave to save for later.

 

Chris was in his studio writing up a couple of lyrics on his computer, and then swinging his chair over by the electric piano to see if he can come up with a melody that went with the lyrics he wrote. He almost fell off his chair when Serenity appeared right in front of him.

 

“You rang?” She giggled, imitating the butler guy from “The Addams Family.”

 

“Very funny, you nearly scared me, must you show up like that?” I’m gonna have to get used to this.” He grumbled and went back to the piano. “What were you doing before I called you?”

 

“I was drinking horseradish tea.” Serenity said clinking some of the piano keys,

 

Chris gave her a weird look but didn’t say anything.

 

“It’s brewed especially for witches, it’s so my magic doesn’t short out.” She explained.

 

“Uh huh..yeah but I think I’ll pass at that drink.”

 

Serenity gave him a light punch on the arm. “It’s not for you smarty, you can’t drink it.”

 

“I don’t wanna drink that anyway, but let’s change the subject now shall we? I called you here cause we are gonna hang out today, you know, I’ll show you around and whatnot. Chris said with a grin.

 

“Yeah but before we go, what were you working on anyway?” Serenity wondered.

 

“Oh just some stuff.” Chris quickly closed the windows of his computer so Serenity won’t see what he was writing.

 

“You’re not gonna let me see what you wrote?” She pouted, pretending to be offended.

 

“I don’t really show anyone my songs until I read it over.” Chris said quietly. But maybe, this time I can make a suggestion. He opened the windows on his computer and Serenity took a glance at the screen. Chris then put the beats that went with the song and Serenity could hear Chris’s voice and a couple of guitars boom out through the speakers.

 

She likes to party and she never comes home
Wherever she may go
She never ends the night alone
I must confess she’s irresponsible
She knows she’s beautiful
That’s why she gets away with it all

I gotta tell you she’s a handful all the time, yea
But she’s my baby
And she’s a crazy girl
A crazy girl

She’s not a stripper but you’d never know
The way she works a pole
You’d throw your dollars on the floor
She may get into the occasional fight
At the end of the night
Because she likes to put on a show

I gotta tell you she’s a handful all the time, yea
But she’s my baby
And she’s a crazy girl
She's a crazy girl

Riding on her roller coaster
With a chip upon my shoulder
Better not confess
It's in my head
I don’t know what I was thinking
But for now I’ll keep on drinking
Ain't no time to rest
When it comes to her

I know she’s no good for me
But I don’t see, my eyes are blinded
she’s the drug of choice I need
I start to fiend when I can’t find it

I must admit to you the blame is mostly mine, yea
But she’s my baby
And she’s a crazy girl
She’s a crazy girl

Riding on her roller coaster
With a chip upon my shoulder
Better not confess
It's in my head
I don’t know what I was thinking
But for now I’ll keep on drinking
Ain't no time to rest

When I'm riding on her roller coaster
With a chip upon my shoulder
Better not confess
It's in my head
I don’t know what I was thinking
But for now I’ll keep on drinking
Ain't no time to rest

 

“There that was it.” Chris told Serenity, who was just in complete awe of what she just heard.

 

“Chris dude, that is like my kind of music, pretty good lyrics by the way.”

 

“You like it? I wrote it a couple of days ago and I was just editing it.” He said looking down at his sneakers which he found fascinating.

 

“I like it, I think in the city I came from, they might like that sort of music, but I don’t know.” She asked biting her lip. “There’s like a ton of competition over there.”

 

“I understand, I don’t like competition, I like to do things on my own pace and time.” Chris smiled.

 

“And besides it’s pretty dangerous if you go there, they have like really evil people, and they don’t like interaction with humans, so it’s best if your music stays here.” Serenity added.

 

“Yeah I have a pop/rock band, they come on a regular basis, and I have to meet with them the following week.” He replied and moved the cursor over the shut-down button. “So-are we leaving?”

 

“Yep, but one question, do people here like your music?” She asked thoughtfully.

 

“Yeah I have lots of fans that support me in whatever thing I do, I owe it to them, I had a couple of singles out, and I got a pretty good response so I’m okay.”

 

“Oh that’s good then, but just so you know, you have a new fan and she’s standing right here next to you.” Serenity beamed.

 

“Wow, really? You only heard one song, and you are already a fan? That’s pretty cool, thank you.” He grinned.

 

Serenity laughed and Chris added before he headed down the hall from his studio, “And there’s plenty more where that came from.” He smirked

 

 

“Yeah I’ll take a vanilla swirl, rainbow sprinkles and some cherries please.” Chris told the worker at the ice cream shop. “How bout you Seri?”

 

“Uh, I’ll have what he’s having.” The lady then went to get the ice cream scoops.

 

Serenity looked at the different colors and flavors of ice cream, she had ice cream before, and classic chocolate and vanilla were her favorites, so she was happy that her favorite flavors were at the shop. Of course, in her netherworld, some flavors were specifically designed. Snapping out of her thoughts, the lady gave them the ice cream cones.

 

“Here you go.” She greeted them warmly, “enjoy.” Serenity took her cone and Chris his, and paid the lady the amount.

 

They came out of the shop and sat on a nearby bench by a park overlooking a lake. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, kids were riding their bikes, lovers holding hands, ducks swimming in the lake. Perfect, simply perfect. Serenity let out a happy sigh.

 

“You know, she said plucking the remaining of the cherries into her mouth. I haven’t had a nice day like this for a while.”

 

Chris looked at her, “Oh really? I mean don’t you have like an amusement park or something at your city?”

 

Serenity nodded “Yeah we have parks and stuff like that, but there’s always one that ruins it, which is why it’s hard to have a perfect day just to relax. Either something evil comes out of nowhere and starts creating havoc, but that quickly goes away for a while.

 

“Like here too, I think nearly every city has it’s problems, you just have to know where to step.” Chris replied giving her a pat on her shoulder.

 

Serenity nodded but didn’t say anything, and saw that a little girl was running towards them holding a camera, a pen and a notepad. She had the biggest smile on her face, and couldn’t be more than nine or ten.

 

“Excuse me, um are you Chris Kirkpatrick?” She asked excitedly.

 

Chris just chuckled “Yeah that’s me.”

 

“May I have your autograph and take a picture with you please, I knew it was you, but I just wanted to make sure.” She giggled. And then her mom ran up next to her.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt but she insisted on talking to you.” The woman answered.

 

“It’s okay ma’am.” Chris then walked up to the little girl and asked for her name, which was Michelle.

 

Chris signed his signature on the notepad it read and ended it with a smiley. Michelle than gave the camera to her mom so she can take a picture of both of them. “Say cheese.” the woman said. After the picture was taken, both Michelle and her mom thanked Chris for his time.

 

“Anytime.” Chris smiled and turned back to the bench to join Serenity who just finished her ice cream phone.

 

“You know, you are very nice to your fans.” Serenity said warmly.

 

“Yeah, they’re great, I mean we’re just people, I don’t treat them any different, so it’s all cool.”

 

Serenity nodded “I like that you’re generous and not like those hot shot celebrities out there, I like that you are down to earth and just yourself.

 

“Yep, and no I’m not like those people, they don’t know how to live the right way.” Chris chuckled.

 

“That’s true.” Serenity added “All the fame and fortune get into the heads, and then they crash and burn.”

 

“You got that right.”

 

After spending the rest of the afternoon at the park, Serenity asked Chris that if he would like to visit her grandmother Tabatha, he agreed. When they arrived there, Serenity called out Tabatha to see if she was home from the shopping center yet.

 

“I’m in the den.” Serenity heard Tabatha say, Chris followed close behind.

 

“You can do some exploring if you want, just be careful though.” Serenity told him and she soon left him alone.

 

Chris was fascinated by the never-ending books, potions, and weird –looking bottles of herbs. He laughed when some of them were labeled Mermaid’s fin, eye of needle, tongue of shoe, etc.

 

“This is unbelievable.” Chris spoke to himself, and he was the kind of guy that didn’t believe in the hocus pocus stuff, but he was getting second thoughts. He heard Serenity and Tabatha coming into the living room.

 

“Tabatha, this is my new found friend of mine, the one and only Chris Kirkpatrick.” She grinned.

 

“Nice to meet you Tabatha.” Chris greeted and gave her a firm handshake.

 

“Nice to meet you too Chris.” Tabatha smiled.

 

She motioned him to sit down the couch to talk.

 

“You have a pretty cool house Tabatha.” Chris said looking around

 

“Oh thank you, so I heard that are some famous popstar, is that true?” Tabatha said eying Chris.

 

“Yeah that’s true, we make music and stuff like that, but we’re not as popular as we once were. Chris said quoting the word “popular”, but we still make music together individually.”

 

“That’s good; it’s always nice to keep in touch with the ones you care about. Tabatha then added if Chris wanted to eat or drink, Chris politely said “No thanks and told her about the ice cream cones that he and Serenity ate earlier. The three of them chatted briefly on the couch about random things about themselves. Chris found it interesting that Tabatha was so open with him about their secrets, and to Chris, it also felt like they’ve known eachother for a while. After the conversation, Chris realized that it was time for him to go home.

 

“Thank you for everything Tabby.” Chris smirked. And Serenity couldn’t stop the tiny giggles that were coming.

 

“Tabatha bid him goodbye and left Serenity and Chris alone on the front door.”

 

“What’s so funny Seri?” Chris wondered.

 

“You called her Tabby.” Serenity motioned to her grandmother.

 

“Yeah I tend to develop nicknames for people I meet, cause you know I forget people’s names from time to time. I’m getting old.” He joked.

 

“Oh please.” She gave Chris an eyeroll “Don’t tell me you are old, that is no such thing, you are a kid at heart;” giving Chris a warm smile.

 

“Aww, thanks for the compliment.” He chuckled. “It was great hanging out with you today, I had a nice time. He then showed her a secret handshake and gave her hug.

 

“Ok, I have no idea what that handshake was, but I’ll guess it’ll do.” She laughed.

 

Chris grinned then got into his car and drove away

Chapter End Notes:
Credit: Nigels 11: Crazy Girl


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story