Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is a bit long, but I hope I didn't confuse anyone.. lolz

Serenity meets her two worst enemies in this chapter..

Serenity was in her high school gym class playing badminton with her friend Tammy.

“Haha I win again.” Serenity cheered.

Tammy groaned and put the rackets back on the shelf. “You are very good at this game you know that?”

“I know, I used to play if before at my old high school.” Serenity beamed

The bell rang and Serenity had just one more class left before school ended.

“What class you have next?” Tammy said putting her gym clothes back in the locker.

“Uh History I think.” Serenity added.

“Lucky, I like History, but I have Algebra now, I hate Algebra, I mean do we really have to know all of these formulas and equations?” Tammy growled.

Serenity made a face “I agree, it’s no point.”

“Alright girl, I’ll see you later.” Tammy waved and headed upstairs.

Serenity could easily teleport herself to the classroom, but that would raise suspicions, so she decided to walk through the crowds like everybody else.

In the year 1945 World War II –

It was already twenty-five minutes in the class and Serenity was bored out of her mind, her teacher was an old man with glasses, and spoke in a monotone voice. She took a glance at the other kids, one was a nerd, one was the class clown, one was asleep, one was worried a bit too much about her makeup. Serenity sat by the window, in nearly all of her classes, she sat by the windows, it was how she concentrated a bit more. The worksheet she had in front of her was just a blur to her, but she filled in the blanks with what she learned from the monotone teacher.

2:45pm *bell rings*

Finally! Serenity went to her locker and put the remaining books she didn’t need and headed downstairs to the front door. She jumped when she heard the sound of the horn, she looked around and saw that it was Chris wearing shades and had a goofy grin on his face.

Serenity ran up to the car and went inside. “Hey Chris.”

“Care for a ride home or something?” He beamed.

“Sure why not.” Serenity asked.

“So how was school today?” Chris said not taking his eyes off the road.

“It was good, my History teacher is so boring though, I had him for my last class, and I just couldn’t wait to get out of there.

“History was my favorite subject in high school, probably because my teacher wasn’t boring, she was hot, I still remember her name, Mrs. Sweetwater.” Chris had that dreamy grin on his face.

Serenity just laughed and pushed the buttons on the radio, and stopped when she heard a familiar tune. It was *NSYNC’s: I Just Wanna Be With You.

“Oh my gosh no!” Chris took his shades off and glanced at Serenity who just shrugged.

“What’s wrong with it?” Serenity asked.

“I hate it.” Chris mumbled.

“You don’t hate it.”

“Yes I do, we weren’t thinking back then, we had bad hair.”

“I don’t think it’s not bad, you guys were just starting out, I like it, it has a nice vibe to it, I think its better than the other stuff they have on the radio.” Serenity added.

“True, but I find it weird it’s on the radio.” Chris turned the pressed the volume button up a little higher.

“See? You do like it.” Serenity smirked.

Chris just stuck his tongue at her and continued listening to the tune. After the song finished, Chris was almost at Serenity’s house, and noticed that Serenity grew extremely quiet when she got near.

“Are you okay?” Chris asked

“I’m sensing something, but I can’t exactly pinpoint it exactly, I don’t know why, I usually do, but-she stopped talking when she had a blurred of vision of her grandmother Tabatha trapped in a room of the house, but something was blocking her.

Serenity had to close her eyes because she was getting a headache, she heard Chris talking to her, but he seemed so far away.

“Chris, are we home yet? My grandmother is in trouble.” She spoke weakly

“Yeah we are Seri.” Chris pulled up to the driveway and turned off the car.

Serenity blinked rapidly and tried to focus, Chris ran to the passenger door and opened it for Serenity, he took her gently by the hand and pulled her out of the vehicle. He was behind her in case she was gonna fall or something. When they went inside the house, everything seemed normal, Serenity started to focus again and called out her grandmother’s name.

“Tabatha?” She called out. No response. She heard muffled cries for help and it came from somewhere in the room of the house. She headed downstairs to the basement, Chris followed her close behind. There was Tabatha tied on a chair with masking tape over her mouth, she looked frightened.

“Tabatha!” Serenity went to her and pulled the masking tape of her mouth gently.

“Serenity!, it’s so good to see you.” Tabatha said.

“What happened, who did this to you?” She asked

The names that Tabatha said stopped Serenity cold. “It was Jezebel and Michael.”

“W-What?” Are you sure?” She stammered.

“Positive.”

She froze in her tracks when she the heard the two familiar voices that haunted her.

“Hey Serenity, long time we don’t see eachother.” Serenity turned around slowly and there were Jezebel and Michael, a witch and a warlock.

“Hey baby.” Michael blew kisses to Serenity.

“Don’t baby me.” Serenity muttered.

“Aww come on, we used to date remember, that is until your parents-Michael was cut off by Serenity’s sudden outburst.

“Leave my parents out of this!”

Michael just laughed, “It’s okay, I have a new girlfriend, she is so much powerful then you, besides you liked having me around.”

“Shut up!” Serenity was getting steamed, and had a surge of energy piercing through her veins.

“Who’s your friend?” Jezebel said looking at Chris.

“I’m Chris, and what do you want from Serenity, you leave her alone.” Chris spoke.

Jezebel just laughed.

Serenity just put her head down and looked at Chris.

“What’s going on? Who are these people, and what happened to your parents?” Chris told her softly.

“Jezebel and Michael are the most powerful forces in “The Realm” Apparently, I used to date Michael, it was a stupid thing really, but I found out that he was only using me and wanted to get my parents. His father is a really powerful warlock, and wanted to be the ruler of our city, and so he teamed up with Jezebel’s mother, who is a powerful witch, the two of them took control of “The Realm” and made everyone like slaves whoever messed with them, they somehow made their way to the good side of our city and kinda flipped it upside down, that was another reason why me and Tabatha left for awhile, to see if we can figure out this dilemma.” Serenity put her hands on her face and let out a groan, but continued her rant “So my parents are trapped in a portal along with all the others.”

“That’s terrible, I’m-so sorry about that Seri, maybe there’s something I can do.” He was gonna continue speaking when he heard the cackle of Jezebel.

“You? What can you possibly do? You are only human, the only thing you can do is walk on two legs.” Chris got up and started toward her, when he was gonna reach to her, he felt a bolt of electricity burn into him and that sent him flying to the wall.

“Chris!” Serenity ran up to him, and he uttered a groan. “I’m sorry, I should’ve never told you anything and glared at Michael and Jezebel who were giving eachother high fives.”

“I’m okay Seri, really but I wanna help fight these forces and help you get your parents back.” Chris said trying to get up.

Serenity heard Jezebel say “Aww did that hurt? That’s too bad.”

Serenity was getting steamed and got up and said “Let’s end this, nobody hurts my friend, my grandmother, and my parents” She let out a whistle and her broom came in flying into the room, and positioned herself on it.

“Oh is that so? Well in that case.” Jezebel let out whistle and her broom flew in seconds later. “Michael do me a favor, watch that old woman on that chair and don’t let that guy over there out of your sight.”

“It’ll be my pleasure darling.” Michael smirked.

“Thank you I’ll reward you later when I win.” She winked and blew kisses on him.

Michael grinned in return and watched Jezebel disappear, along with Serenity; she gave a quick nod to Chris and Tabatha, and disappeared shortly after.

Michael sat on an empty chair across from them and had an evil grin on his face, “don’t make any sudden movements my prisoners.”

Chris just glared at him and started to walk over to Tabatha, who had a look of fear on her face, he had to do something, he couldn’t just sit there and do nothing. He thought to himself, and looked at Tabatha, then looked at Michael, and looked at a couple of ropes in the far corner of the room, a bowling ball, pans, pots. Chris was very good at pulling pranks and stalling, he had an idea, but he also needed Tabatha’s help, he couldn’t do it alone.

Chapter End Notes:

Read and review..thanks. :)

Credit: *NSYNC: I Just Wanna Be With You



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story