Serenity and Jezebel were both in the night sky, it was a starry night, and were really high up, with the twinkly lights in the city down below.

 

“You think you can fight me? If your magic wasn’t strong enough to save your precious parents, then what are the odds of beating me?” Jezebel cackled and got into a fighting position. Serenity had her hands grabbed on tightly on her broom, she was an expert on flying, even if Jezebel threw her off course, she can still maintain her balance. Jezebel threw a red crackle at her, and Serenity swooped away and started using her magic on her. There were a lot of glides, crackles, slides, swoops.

 

Serenity threw another blue crackle at Jezebel, causing her broom to catch fire. Jezebel’s eyes grew wide, and quickly started putting the fire out. Apparently, her type of magic didn’t let her put the fire out, and she realized that she was afraid, and couldn’t see the light. Serenity wondered, that maybe the light was the key source of the portal, if she remembered correctly, back at “The Realm.” All of the evil warlocks and witches came at night, not during the day; in fact all of the events on that day happened at night. Now it was Serenity’s turn to smile.

 

“What’s the matter Jezebel? Are you afraid that you might lose?” She giggled and then zapped two handcuffs on Jezebel’s broom in case she tried to go anywhere.

 

Jezebel gasped, she tried a few spells, but the handcuffs that were tied on her, were magic-proofed by Serenity, only she can unlock them. So for Jezebel, it wasn’t working for her. She started to panic, but then uttered a spell to make it rain, seconds later, the rain started to fall, and put the fire out on Jezebel’s broom. But she was still tied.

 

“Nice work Serenity, now unlock me.” Jezebel demanded.

 

“Nope, now I know how to beat you, apparently you are afraid of fire, and since fire is light, well…” Serenity positioned herself on her broom and closed her eyes, letting the wind overtake her, this particular power was strong, it would take a lot out of her, but this was something she needed to do.

 

 

“But a tomato is a fruit, it has seeds!” Michael whined.

 

“Yeah but if it is a fruit, then why is in the vegetable aisle at the supermarkets.” Chris smirked.

 

Michael let out a groan and tried to think about Chris’s never-ending list of riddles and confusing twists in stories for the past forty-five minutes, his head was starting to hurt, he needed to get away from this guy.

 

Tabatha just watched in amazement, and Chris continued and scooted closer to Michael.

 

“No! Get away, I can’t take this anymore, just leave me alone!.” Michael went into a corner and curled up into a ball.

 

“But I have another one, which came first the chicken or the egg?” Chris said, trying to keep his serious face.

 

Michael let out a scream and seconds later, he realized that it was too much and disappeared.

 

Satisfied, he walked back up to Tabatha, and quickly untied her.

 

“Chris, I never knew you can do something like that.” Tabatha asked in astonishment.

 

“Well, my plan was to hit him with that bowling ball that you see in the corner.” Chris said pointing to the pots, pans, and other things. “But I decided that this was better.

 

“Yeah it was, I’m sorry, I wanted to help you, but my magic is not as good as it used to be.” Tabatha said quietly.

 

“It’s okay Tabby.” He smiled and helped her get up from the chair. He then told her, “Do you think Seri is doing okay?”

 

Tabatha thought for a moment and pulled out an old-fashioned mirror that was on a shelf, she said some magic words, and the mirror started to glow, and there, Chris saw Serenity and Jezebel. Serenity had her eyes closed and was like she was in a meditation state, while Jezebel had her hands handcuffed, and was tied on the broom.

 

“Oh no.” Tabatha muttered.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” Chris asked worriedly

 

“She’s using her solar-powered magic, she must’ve found out that evil witches and warlocks are sensitive to light, she never used that magic before and now since she turned eighteen, she can, one problem though, this particular magic takes a lot of energy out of-Tabatha was cut off when she continued staring at the mirror, she squinted her eyes and saw Jezebel, someone appeared behind her, it was Michael.

 

Jezebel was startled by Michael’s sudden appearance. “Michael, what happened?”

 

“That Chris guy is insane, I couldn’t stop him, he was saying riddle after riddle, it was driving me nuts.” Michael said letting out a groan and turned to Jezebel. He frowned when he saw that she was handcuffed on her own broom.

 

“Maybe my magic can unlock it.” Michael zapped the handcuffs and nothing happened.

 

Jezebel let out a sigh, “I tried, it’s controlled by her.” She took a glance at Serenity, and at that very moment. Serenity opened her eyes, and slowly she positioned herself on the broom.

 

Michael tried to stop her, but quickly realized that he was stuck on Jezebel’s broom as well. “Hey! What’s going on?” I’m trapped, looking down at his wrists, he saw two handcuffs on him and he tried everything to take them off. No! NO! Jezebel and Michael both started panicking when they saw a flash of yellow and blue aiming straight at them.

 

Serenity’s whole body was glowing, she can feel the surge of electricity increasing through her veins, the flash of light got brighter and was covering Jezebel and Michael. They were both screaming in panic, and a moment later, the screams ceased. Serenity still had her magic on them, but noticed that they both had turned to stone; she stopped and placed her hands back on the broom. She felt weak and tired from her sudden outburst. Seconds later, the stone statues of Jezebel and Michael exploded into millions of tiny pieces; she shielded her eyes until the danger was over, when everything seemed okay, she let out a shaky breath, and was turning her broom back to her house, only she felt weak and collapsed, with only her broom to support her, it guided her back to her house. From the looks of it, she looked like a star falling from the sky.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story