Back at the house, Tabatha went out through the backdoor, with Chris following close behind. Serenity landed safely on a nearby bush, her broom was next to her. Chris bent down on his knees and gently picked her up while Tabatha went to pick up the broom.

 

They placed Serenity on a plush carpet in the living room of the house, her eyes was closed, Chris checked her vitals, she seemed okay but something was off, she looked tired, pale,

 

“Seri? Chris gently shook her, “Wake up please?”

 

Tabatha bit her lip, “I was afraid of this.” Chris looked back at her and said “Afraid of what?”

 

“That power that she just did was too much for her, it took a lot of energy from her, and she might not come back to her senses if she-Tabatha was cut off by Chris.

 

“No! There has to be something that you can do, she has to wake up, I care for her, she’s my friend.” Chris said his voice cracking.

 

Tabatha frowned and went to go see if she can search for something. Her memory was a bit fuzzy and wanted to help Chris and Serenity, she thought for a moment and went to search in her magic book. Scanning the pages, she found a potion that might work, it’s similar to horseradish tea, but this one was more powerful and can wake anyone up in a matter of minutes. While she was sprucing spices and potions in her caldron, Chris was trying his best to wake Serenity up.

 

Chris held her in his arms and let out sigh, he wiped a tear in his eye that he didn’t know he had. He took a strand of Serenity’s hair and moved it out of her face. He jumped when he heard Tabatha’s voice enter the room.

 

“Got it!” She greeted.

 

Chris saw that she was holding a vile in her hand, containing something pink, it had a cap on it, and she pulled it off. It made a bubbling sound, and had some sort of steam coming out of it.

 

“What’s that?” Chris asked.

 

“Hazelcream pomegranate pepper potion.” Tabatha said proudly.

 

Chris just made a face and said “Why did I even ask?”

 

Tabatha knelt down beside Chris and opened Serenity’s mouth, she poured the contents in and it made a hissing sound, when the vile was empty, she placed it on the floor and waited. “There, that should do the trick.”

 

Minutes later Serenity made a coughing sound, and Chris saw her eyes flutter.

 

Seri?” He whispered.

 

“Serenity was still coughing and sat up into a sitting position. “Tabatha? What was that? My mouth is burning; can you go get me some water please?

 

Chris just smiled and was happy to see her back to her smart self again.

 

“That was “Hazelcream pomegranate-Tabatha was cut off by her.

 

“You gave me that?”Well I guess that was reasonable, it works, I don’t remember anything, all I remember was that I was fighting Jezebel and Michael, then they turned to stone, and I collapsed and then everything went black.” Serenity rambled.

 

“Yes we saw everything.” Tabatha said.

 

“Through that magic mirror you guys have.” Chris replied.

 

“Oh, now may I get some water please? My mouth still burns.” Serenity added.

 

“Sure thing Seri.” Chris helped Serenity get up to a standing position and followed Tabatha to the kitchen. After Serenity took her drink of water, she sat on the couch and wanted an explanation how did Chris and Tabatha managed to escape from Michael.

 

Chris told her the story about it and Serenity just bursted out laughing. “Chris, what you did to Michael was awesome, and yeah Michael can be completely clueless sometimes.” There were still conversing, until they all heard a noise coming in from the basement again.

 

“What was that noise?” Serenity added, and she got up from the sofa and headed downstairs, with Chris and Tabatha close behind her.

 

Katalina, is this how you make an entrance?” Serenity heard an adult male’s voice, sounding familiar to her.

 

“Well, it’s been a while you know, I still have to get used to this Bob.” The woman answered.

 

Serenity got down to the basement and froze where she saw two familiar figures standing up and fixing their attire.

 

“M-mom? Dad?” She stammered.

 

The figures turned to look and let out a gasp when they saw her. “Serenity honey? Is that really you? The woman ran to her daughter and let out a cry of happiness and embraced her.

 

Bob quickly followed suit. “Serenity, look at you!.” You saved us! I’m so proud of you, I don’t know how you did it but-his voice cracked and he started to cry and gave a hug to her as well.

 

All three of them were together in an emotional embrace for a while; they didn’t even notice that Tabatha and Chris were there.

 

Katalina noticed and wiped a few tears from her eyes and whispered “Mother.” was all she was able to say and went up to Tabatha and shared hugs.

 

“It’s good to see you Teabag.” Bob grinned, that was he called Tabatha, it was a nickname for her.

 

Tabatha chuckled and took Bob by the arm and gave him a hug.

 

Chris suddenly felt lost in all of this, he was ready to back away when he felt someone pull him by the arm, he turned around and saw that it was Serenity.

 

“I haven’t forgotten you, you know.” She laughed and pulled Chris into the crowd. “Hey Mom, Dad? This is a really good friend of mine, his name is Chris Kirkpatrick, and I don’t think that without his boost, I wouldn’t have saved you guys, he gave me hope and potential, he never let me down, I saved him, and he saved me back.” She blushed a little bit and felt Chris hold her hand, in which in return, she smiled.

 

Katalina and Bob greeted Chris with handshakes and they all started chatting away and thanking him and they were conversing in the basement for hours, they didn’t even realize what time it was. Serenity’s parents explained to them about how was everything for them, when they were trapped in that portal, and some of their loved ones as well. So all of those that were trapped in different portals all arrived to a city back at “The Realm.” And everything else was safe and back in order. The good and evil on totally different sides, the evil couldn’t go to the good side, and the good side couldn’t go to the evil side.

 

“Well this has been such a pleasant evening for all of us.” Katalina asked.

 

“Yeah its gonna be eleven already.” Tabatha said glancing at the clock on the wall. They all said goodbye to Chris who was already at the door, they left him with Serenity while they went back inside to chatter some more.

 

“I’m very glad your parents are back Seri.” Chris said giving her a warm smile.

 

“Yeah, its surreal, I still can’t believe it.” Serenity replied.

 

“So, this has been a long interesting day for us hasn’t it?” He asked.

 

“Yeah it was.” Serenity leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek, she smiled. “Thank you.”

 

“No thank you Seri.” Chris added, “I have never met anyone like you, and I never knew people like your kind existed, and I don’t think nothing can’t take me apart from you.”

 

“Let’s go somewhere.” She whispered.

 

“Go where?” Chris asked in shock. “You don’t sit still do you?”

 

“No, I don’t and neither do you.” She laughed.

 

“Yeah you got that right; it’s hard for me to sit still sometimes.” Chris chuckled.

 

At that moment, Serenity let out a whistle and her broom came out flying, she sat on it.

 

“What are you doing?” Chris asked slowly.

 

“Well, I did some research about you and I found out that you are afraid of heights, and so I was thinking that maybe you can fly with me on this very broom here, I want you to get over your fear of heights.” She grinned.

 

“Um..I can’t do that, I mean I can go on an airplane and I did my own stage stunts, and was lifted up in the air, but not like that.”  Chris frowned.

 

“Oh come on, if I fought the most powerful forces ever and I won, that means you can do the same, trust me.” She smiled and motioned him to sit down behind her.

 

Chris didn’t say anything but went to go sit on the broom, he was holding on to her for dear life.

 

“Don’t worry Chris, I’m excellent at flying.” Serenity said and lifted the broom up easily.

 

Chris had his eyes closed for the remaining of the departure; he felt a light breeze in his face and he knew that he was up in the air. He opened his eyes and looked at the view, it was the view of  Downtown Orlando, he can see the skyline and the lights of the buildings.

 

“Wow.” He whispered, he was slowly getting the hang of this, all of his nerves that he was feeling earlier were disappearing.

 

“Yeah I didn’t wanna bring you that high up now; I thought this was a nice touch.” Serenity replied.

 

“Now I know how a bird feels like.” Chris laughed.

 

“You know, if your balance is good, you can let go of me and spread your wings, it’ll be like you are actually flying.” She added.

 

Chris wasn’t so sure about this, he slowly released from Serenity’s hold and let the wind overtake his arms, Serenity did the same, and at that moment Chris started to sing one of his favorite songs, with Serenity singing along with him.

 

Listen, baby
Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby

If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry

'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

Remember the day
I set you free
I told you
You could always count on me
From that day on I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me
Some way, somehow

'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

No wind, no rain

My love is alive
Way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double
As fast as I can

Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough


Chris and Serenity flew throughout the city and into the night sky, Chris wasn’t afraid of heights anymore, he overcame his fear, and he was never gonna forget this moment, it was only him and Serenity and he loved every minute of it. He was grateful for having her in his life, she was such a good friend to him, and he felt the same for her.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Credit: Marvin Gaye-Tammi Terrell "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

Its finished! :D Those that have read and reviewed, thankies and for my Secret Santa: Bastet_Baby. I hope you enjoyed this story, it may not be perfect, but I think its pretty good. ;)


Completed
theusagirl is the author of 26 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story