Story Notes:
Hope you like it Ashley! :)) 
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy everyone! And I hope you're all having a happy holiday!

"Snowflakes keep falling on my head," she sang in a murmur. "But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red. Snowflakes keep falling on my head."

"The lyric is raindrops keep falling on my head, darling," JC chuckled. "I fixed the connection by the way. We can talk now."

Natalie smiled at the sound in his voice. She could almost hear the smile she knew he had painted on that chiseled face of his. She could almost see the twinkle in those blue eyes she had yet to make contact with for the past three weeks. It wasn't the longest they'd ever been apart, but the days sure did drag out a lot longer when all you heard every day since Halloween were sappy, overplayed Christmas songs that only continued to remind her that she was going to be without the only person she wanted to kiss under the mistletoe that year.

 She closed her eyes and leaned back on the couch a bit with the phone to her ear.

"Are you missing seeing the snowflakes this year, babe?"

"A little bit," she admitted. "It's cold in Orlando but when I look outside, it's just like any other day. There's no snow on the ground and no one's shoveling their driveways or anything like that."

"Well maybe if you fly out to Los Angeles tonight like I've begged you to, you'd see some snow."

Natalie smiled. "JC, it doesn't even snow in Los Angeles."

"We have flurries, okay? It's better than seeing nothing at all in Florida."

"Enjoy it for me then."

"What time do you have sound check?" JC asked.

"Around 5:30. Nikki should be here in a few minutes so we can leave the hotel together."

"You know, I don't see how Innosense isn't big yet either. Both you guys opened up for*NSYNC months ago."

"Maybe we'll both get noticed tonight," she shrugged. "Show starts at seven."

"Then that's perfect!" JC cried out happily. Natalie jumped at his enthusiasm and excitement. "It's a forty minute show. Catch a flight and I promise I'll be there to pick you up when you get in. We'll spend Christmas together baby, do it. Do it for us."

"I don't want to be in the air on Christmas Eve, Jace.  And you know I have meetings set up with record labels on the 26th. There's gonna be a lot of important people here to see me tonight. I can't just fly out to see my boyfriend."

"Fly out after the show. And then you can leave early in the morning on the 26th. That way, we spend Christmas together. C'mon Nat, pleaseee?"

Natalie had to chuckle at his pleading. She didn't want to be away but it was a bad career move.

"That's too much travelling for my liking. I've got work to do tomorrow, baby."

"What work?" JC snorted. "It's Christmas."

"You're in L.A. My parents are in Virginia. I've got songs I'm working on so I'll probably spend the day writing or in the studio."

"Songs that you still haven't sang for me," JC muttered.

"If you fly out to see me, then you'd hear them. And don't forget that we spent last Christmas apart too. And that was your fault."

"Hey, I was in Europe. There was no way I could have gotten back home in time for Christmas day but I flew back on the 27th. We compromised, remember?"

"I'm too busy with work babe. You know that. I'm really trying to get signed here. If I want people to take me seriously, then I'm gonna have to stay committed to my craft. You tell me that all the time. I'll see you for the New Year."

"Last year, Christmas, it happened without us..."

Natalie groaned. She hated whenever he brought his singing voice into an argument that she was trying to win. "We saw each other a few days later."

"I always thought that Christmas was a happy day..."

"You have the guys. I'm sure you'll wreak some havoc with your new toys and find a way to enjoy it."

"Because everybody should be in love with somebody on Christmas..."

"We are in love," she told him gently and she knew JC was rolling his eyes.

"Well, duh, Natalie. That's why I want my girlfriend with me under the tree tomorrow."

"Please don't make this harder JC. You know that I think we should be together tomorrow. But it's going to have to wait. This is my big break tonight. It's my first show where I'm not the opening act. I need to start taking this thing seriously."

"I always knew you were talented but when Johnny got you to open up for us in Detroit, I didn't think the offers would come pouring in to you so soon."

"So really, this is all your fault."

"As usual." 

"I put up with the distance whenever you're away. And I haven't even started recording a full album yet. This is just a small gig that I need to get my feet wet for what I hope is about to come. You can understand that, can't you?"

JC ran a hand through his hair and chewed over what she had said. "I just want you to remember something babe."

"What's that?"

"I'm happy for you. And you've been happy for me but... Remember this: A career is wonderful, you can't curl up with it on a cold night."

A grin broke out on Natalie's face. "Marilyn Monroe. Aw, you really do love me."

JC laughed. "Yea, I was reading some stuff about her and stumbled across that line. I thought it suit the situation, don't you think?"

"Mmm, yea. I miss you babe. I'm not trying to close off myself from you, I'm just trying to figure out how to balance everything. I'll see you for New Years, okay?"

"So there's no chance of getting you to come out here by tomorrow? None at all? No matter how many songs I sing or plead or quote Marilyn Monroe for you?"

"I'll see you on New Year's Eve, babe. If I get a second, I'll call you when I get to Universal. Wish me luck, please?"

"Good luck Natty," JC sighed. "I know my girl's gonna kill ‘em tonight. And don't forget to do your vocal exercises before sound check. Do it for about fifteen minutes just to clear the pipes."

"I'll do the ones you taught me," Natalie promised. "See, it helps having a boyfriend in the business."

"Yea, I suppose," JC chuckled. "Alright, I gotta go too. I need to take a call on the other line."

"Okay, love you Jace. If I can't get through to you before I go on stage, I'll call you when the clock strikes midnight so that I can at least start off my Christmas by hearing your voice."

"Fair enough. Love you too baby girl."

Ending the call, JC switched the lines.

"Josh, you there? Hellloo?"

"Oh, yea, hey, I'm here. Sorry, I was trying to make sure she wasn't planning anything. Our deal is on, right?"

"Yea, totally. I just needed to make sure that you were going through with it."

JC smiled. "I am. You don't mind do you?"

"Nah," she shook her head. "As long as you hold up your end of the deal, we are completely fine. Don't worry about it Josh."

 JC breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks Nikki! I owe you one!"

Chapter End Notes:

Review!! 

ps. Special thanks goes to Kasia for your enthusiasm on the first couple chapters! Thanks girl! 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story