Story Notes:
This is for one of my favorite authors here and I was excited to get her. Here's to my secret santa, MissM! :)

She smiled as she stood off to the side, watching his handsome form as he did a mini interview upon the red carpet. She was the supportive girlfriend who cherished every chance she got to attend an event with him and watch him do his thing. Tonight, she was not only happy to be by his side, as usual, but proud of him for standing up for a great cause. She believed that no one should be bullied or feel alone, as well.

Lance Bass, his former band mate and still great friend, had convinced JC in attending the event for The Trevor Project and of course he had wanted his leading lady by his side. She more than happy to oblige and was looking forward to the evening that lay ahead. She was just a humble, down-to-earth writer, trying to get her first novel published and to be around successful people in all forms of the arts and entertainment industry was inspiring and delightful. She also was in love with the man she came with and she enjoyed every second with him.

She chuckled as her beau didn't speak his usual long-winded answers and ended up simplifying his responses. She chuckled louder, as his own chuckle was heard, as the interviewer teased JC about being available to cure loneliness. All in all, JC just didn't want anyone to feel, nor be alone. He wanted every human being to be accepted no matter what.

She couldn't wait to have a word with JC and was glad once things wrapped up and he started walking away from the red carpet. One thing had caught her attention more than anything during the three minutes or so as she watched JC being interviewed, the mention of him performing. He hadn't shared anything about performing tonight with her and it was a very welcomed surprise if it was indeed true. She was a fan of his music and even more so his voice before she ever met him and with his days of performing practically behind him, any time he got on stage was a blessing.

Just as she was certain JC was headed in her direction and going to join her, she watched as he was whisked away by his manager. Eric tugged on the sleeve of the suit that JC wore and led him in another direction, most likely toward the stage. She groaned as she realized she wouldn't get to speak with him just yet and wasn't sure whether to wait out in the lobby area or try finding the seat she was suppose to occupy in the auditorium. Her boyfriend hadn't really communicated enough to her and unless he returned or he had Eric come back for her, she was going to have to figure this out on her own.

"Hey, pretty girl." A deep voice startled her from behind and she turned around to find Lance Bass himself. She was happy to see a familiar face and welcomed a hug, as the man pulled her in for one.

"Hey, Lance. It's good to see you. Thanks for asking for JC and I to come here tonight." He nodded his head.

"It's no problem at all, Dominique. I figured you two would enjoy being here for a great cause and JC seemed more than happy to commit to singing a song tonight." She gasped then, excited that it was really going to happen. JC Chasez was meant to perform. It was as simple as that.

"He's really singing?!" The tiny bit of fan girl still left in her came through and Lance's deep chuckle vibrated from his chest. " He didn't mention it to me."

Lance nodded with another chuckle. "I can tell he didn't. He must've felt like surprising you, but yeah, he's singing "True Colors" by the one and only Cyndi Lauper."

"That's such a sweet song." Dominique grinned, more than ready to find her seat and for tonight's festivities to begin. "I can't wait to hear it."

"Yeah, he's going to do great." Lance smiled, giving his former band mate from their *NSYNC days a vote of confidence.

"He always does."

"Biased girlfriend." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Am not. I just have good taste in music." Lance laughed.

"You do and you're right. JC is nothing short of great...ever. So, where do you think you two are going to spend the holidays this year? I mean we're already into December."

Dominique had realized too, that the holidays would be fast approaching and that the decision of where they would celebrate Christmas would have to be made. It was especially more difficult with JC's schedule and having family in different states.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not sure yet. We didn't talk about it yet, but we did do Christmas Eve in Florida with his family and then Christmas in Georgia with mine last year. So maybe we'll change it up this year."

"Well as long as you're together and celebrating the holiday season that's all that matters, right?" Lance smiled and then pulled Dominique into another hug.

"That's right." She agreed and then felt Lance pull away from her. He wore a regretful smile.

"I've got to get going and meet up with some other people before I head inside and take my seat too, but have a good night and hopefully JC will bring you around again soon."

She smiled and nodded. "Definitely and take care, Lance."

Dominique sighed softly, as he walked away and she was more eager now to take her seat. Luckily, a moment later she was tapped on the shoulder by Eric. She listened to her boyfriend's manager as he explained that he had a seat reserved for Dominique and that she'd be able to watch JC perform from there. She willingly followed Eric into the auditorium then, ready to sit down and enjoy the show.


A little while later, JC was introduced to the stage and he was joined with a group of musicians who would be playing the live instrumental for his rendition of "True Colors". Seeing him stand in front of the microphone, Dominique couldn't help, but to grin, knowing that this was where her man belonged. She sat on the edge of her seat, literally, and listened as the music began to play and anticipated the entrance of JC's flawless vocals. The second he came in and sang the first line of lyrics, her grin grew even wider. She kept her eyes on him too, as she listened to his angelic serenade. He looked handsome tonight, but even more handsome up on stage with his crisp black suit hugging his body , the white dress shirt and black tie covering his chest, along with the shorter haircut which gave way to the sophisticated looking gray hairs, especially at his temples, that were becoming more and more prevalent. The way the lights shined down on him and he was clearly in his element, just added special effect. He had the audience in the palm of his hand, as much as he had Dominique in the depths of his heart.

She continued to enjoy the soulfulness and purity of his voice and couldn't wait to give him a kiss for a job well done. She also found herself reaching up at her eyes and rubbing away a few tears that she hadn't realized she'd shed. His true colors really were beautiful like a rainbow and that's why she loved him. She clapped along with everyone else, as his performance came to an end and he exited the stage. She hoped he'd be joining her shortly, and her wish came true.

JC took the empty seat beside Dominique a few moments later and he grinned, snaking his arm around her. "So what did you think, honey?"

She met his grin with her own huge grin and was relieved to feel his arm around her and to have his attention once more. "You're a bastard. I make requests for you to get on stage and you brush them off, but then you go and do this and not tell me ahead of time."

He knew she was just being sassy and his eyes twinkled, as a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "It's all about the element of surprise. So what did you think, honey?"

She rolled her eyes, but then genuinely smiled. "Thanks for the surprise, handsome. You did amazing and I'm proud of you. It was just a really great song for tonight."

"You're very welcome and thank you. I saw the smile you wore through the whole song."

" I couldn't help it. You're talented, handsome, and I love you." He pressed a peck to her cheek.

"Love you too, sugar." She shook her head.
"I want a better kiss than that. I want a real one after what you just did on stage."

She turned and leaned inward and rested her hand upon his cheek, before closing the gap between their lips all the way. She pressed a simple, yet delicious kiss upon his lips and savored the way he tasted and their lips fit together in perfection. She slowly pulled back and simply grinned once the kiss ended.

"Mmm...that was much, much better." JC purred and then blushed, realizing they were still in the presence of a huge crowd.

Dominique winked. "Told you. So did you mean what you said in your interview? You don't want anyone to be alone? ‘Cause if that's the case, we can continue some more kissing and stuff at your house, so neither of us have to be alone."

He chuckled into her ear then and nodded. "That's right. No one should be alone, especially not you. I'll take you home with me and we can finish what your kiss started."

"Wonderful. Sounds wonderful." She pecked a quick kiss to his lips. "I ran into Lance and he brought up a good question. What are we doing for the holidays this year?"

JC shrugged. "I don't know. We've got time, baby."

"But it's December 4th already and I don't want to figure this out last minute."

"Well....I just saw my whole family at Thanksgiving and I'm probably going to see Tyler again in Miami for New Year‘s Eve. I can visit my folks and my sister whenever I feel like it or have the time. So....maybe switch it up this year?" Dominique gave him a curious look then.

"Switch it up how?"

He pursed his lips and let them form into a smile. "How about we just keep it low key and simple? I think we could spend Christmas together. Just you and me. No family or friends."

"Just us? For real?" He nodded.

"That's sounds amazing, JC. All I really want for Christmas is you anyways."

"I thought so." She playfully smacked his arm.

"Smart ass."

"Whatever."

She pecked his cheek then and was serious once more. "It does sounds great and I'd be willing to share my Christmas with only you."

"Me too, sugar, me too."

"Good. Now I'm going to have to call my family and have them freak out that I'm not coming down to Atlanta anymore. They'll just have to understand though, ‘cause I've already got my gift right here." She patted his knee gently and then looked at JC with an adoring gaze.

"I'll make sure you get more than just me." He winked.

She didn't think this night could have gotten any better, but it had. She had seen her boyfriend on stage and they had just decided to spend Christmas alone as a couple.

Chapter End Notes:
I have more parts for this story coming up and I will get them done and posted ASAP! I apologize, but life got insane this month.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc christmas