"No fucking way I'm going to let you date Nick douchebag Carter again!" he screams at her.
"I'll find away around you!" she challenges.
"You better not!" he warns.
I've never seen JC so heated in all these years, close to 10 so far. Lance is pissed too. It's been about half an hour since she told us who she's with.
"No, it's not safe!"
"Fuck yourself, James!"
"Samantha Marilyn!" Lance and JC chastise her.

I take her hands and say the first things that come to mind. "Why are you running from a good man? You've been hurt before by him. No matter what it is you're going through, I promise to be there for you. I never stopped loving you and never will, a piece of me will always love you. I can't stand to see you hurt, cry or be down about anything and that's even more so true when it comes to matters of your heart. We started as friends, dated and remain closer than before, something I can't forget and appreciate more than I can begin to express. I'll always be there to tell you I care. Remember these words, but also keep in mind the pain he's caused you before," I tell her in a hushed voice, our foreheads touching and tapping the side of her head to signal she should remember and keep in mind about what happened, forcing her to truly think.
"He's changed," she whispers.
"Doubt it."
"You don't understand."
"I do, more than you think."
"Timbs, he says he's gonna be faithful and honest."
"You know better, especially when it comes to him."
"I love him," she confesses, barely audible unless you're standing as close as I am right now.
"I know. I love you and you love me too."
"Yeah, more than you know. That's why I can't just tell you." A tear starts rolling down her cheek and I reach up, wiping it away with my thumb. I see Nick shift his weight uncomfortably.
"I forgive you for that, I understand why."
"Promise?" she asks, sniffling.
I offer my pinkies to her and she crosses her arms before linking hers with mine, never allowing space to come between us. "Double pinkie promise, Sam."
"Okay."
I pull her into a hug and get odd looks from JC and Lance. "How can you do that?" Lance asks, eliciting a smirk and a shrug for a response.
"She won't let me near her when we fight," JC informs us.
"Maybe it's because you're, um, what's the word? Oh, fighting! Duh!" Chris chimes in, being the sarcastic smart ass he is and rolls his eyes.
"Happens sometimes, JC. She's not always going to let you in and tell you every little detail of her life just because you're the bigger, older and 'wiser' brother," Joey reminds JC, using air quotes around 'wiser'.
"She's the youngest Chasez and she's with the oldest Carter, whodathunkit twice?" a smooth female voice with a noticeable southern drawl comments from the doorway.
"Oh, no," Lance grumbles, immediately annoyed.
"Oh, fuck," JC breathes.
"Who-" I start.
"In the hell-" Chris continues.
"Are you?" Joey finishes.
She has jet black hair, jade eyes, a face like one of the three girls from Mortal Kombat and a body to make any guy drop to his knees or lose his train of thought. "I'm Kit."
"Kit?!" Joey, Chris and I repeat, needing more details.
"Kitalyn, her cousin," she says, motioning to Jazz.
"The same one who has a serious crush on James," Jazz explains.
"That'd explain the annoyance in his voice," I think out loud.
"Chasez," Kit calls out.
"Huh?" Jazz answers.
"What?" JC replies, in tandem with his sister's acknowledgement of Kit's call.
"Not you, Sam; him," she tells her, nodding at JC. "She sure as fuck won't listen to me about this shitbag, so what makes you think she'd listen to your scrawny ass, boy?"
JC hates being called 'boy' and only a handful of people can slide on that, so he's staring her down with a fierceness to be reckoned with that I wouldn't even hyperbolize with. "One, don't call me 'boy' and two, I'm glad we just so happen to be on the same page when it comes to this fucking douche."
"I'm right here," Nick finally says, speaking a half decent sentence for the first time since his reveal.
"Shut it, Carter," I growl at him and Lance lunges at him, stomping his foot on the ground just to watch him jump/flinch. Yup, it's not obvious we don't like him and that we want to beat him brainless. 
"Any ideas on how to handle this?" JC asks Kit.
"Let it run its course and just be there for her, although I believe she will end up leaving him this time." He nods at her, a devious smirk on his face. "I don't meddle in this kinda matter, so forget it."
He rolls his eyes and pulls a 'dammit' face. "Figures."
"Darren does, though," she casually mentions, checking her fingernails and twirling her wrist.
"I'll keep that in mind."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story