She's been in a good mood since we got to the mall and I just spotted some fans, I'm worried about if they recognize us. I pull out my cell and find JC's contact info. Her attention focuses on me and she raises her eyebrow at me. "Cad atá suas?"
"I think they recognize us," I tell her, glancing at the trio of girls and they begin texting on their cell phones.
"Shit!" she mutters.
"Really?" Justin comments. 
"Get ready to fly," Chris instructs us, Justin crouching down to give Jazz a piggy back ride. We know she can run, but she can't run like we can.
In the few minutes since I looked at those three girls, they have multiplied by five and I guess you could say I'm more than certain that they recognize us. I press 'send' and begin speed walking toward the exit, listening to his cell ring. "Hey, what's up?"
"Fans spotted us, meet in the center of the food court in five."
"Shit! Spotted here as well. Joey, I'll cover it and you just pay me back later," I hear him tell Joey. I listen as they check out and hurriedly walk toward the center of the mall. "I see Lynni. Get her out of here," he informs me. "Tell her to stop waving," he growls at me.
"Lynni, stop waving."
"I see Osh-, my br-, JC," she says, correcting herself twice before completing her sentence.
"Stop waving, it's going to bring more attention to us." Once this information is spoken, she drops her arm back around Justin's shoulder and interlocks her fingers as he shifts her weight. "Get her to the van now!" I bark at Justin, his only response being a nod just prior to his burst in speed and he squeezes the lower part of her thigh. 

Her ankles lock together and she crosses her arms over his chest, grabbing handfuls of his shirt. Holding on for dear life she tells him, "Am ar rac is roll!" He runs at top speed and dodges any obstacle, hopefully he realizes what JC and I have trusted him with.
JC comes along side me. "Lynni? Justin?"
"Ran ahead," Chris tells JC and Joey, security tailing and enclosing us. They nod to acknowledge that we have to do the same and we pick up as much speed as we can, booking it as if our lives depend on it. I'm scared shitless for Lynni, praying Justin and her made it to the van safely because all they had security wise was Lonnie. The reason Lonnie ran ahead with those two was that he has the keys to the van and JC had the other set.
I see her straddling Justin with fans surrounding and pounding on it, she's scared. No matter how many times it happens, it's always going to scare you. Ask any celebrity if you don't believe me. I hear her let a blood curdling scream out as Lonnie starts the engine and we jump in, the rest of our security team pushing the fans away from the vehicle. "Jazz?" I look at Justin and rub her back. "Is she ok?"
"I think so. She was absolutely terrified by the mob."
I touch her arm and she holds tighter to Justin's neck, one hand weaving into his curls. She won't let go of him. "Thanks."
"Anytime."
The entire ride to the hotel, JC and Justin were talking softly to her and her only response was either a nod or a shake of her head. She was scared silent. Once we got to the hotel, I turned to get out and she grabbed my left pinkie finger. Her eyes were so filled with fear. I get my feet on the ground and hold my arms out for her, silently agreeing to carry her in. "Le chéile i mo sheomra i cúig déag," she whispers in my ear, latching onto JC's back with her head on his shoulder. Her eyes close and she turns her face into his neck, hiding her identity from the media before he bolts for the lobby. 

~~~~~
I knock on her door and she opens it with the chain on it, closing and unlocking it to let me in. The second the door clicks, she hugs me tighter than usual and I'm caught off guard at the gesture, delaying my natural reaction. My arms curl around her shoulders, my hands rub her back and my chin rests on her head. "I'm so sorry I didn't go right to you exactly when you wanted."
"I know how you can be when you're scared."
"Death grip."
"Nothing makes sense."
"Thanks for looking out for me."
"Can I tell the other guys?"
"No, especially Oshai."
"I'm just glad you're safe, Sam."
"Been too long to let go now."
We just stand there, embracing each other for a long time. "My legs are starting to hurt," I whisper. She leads me to the bed and I sit back on it, allowing her to straddle me like we had done a couple years ago. My legs are slightly bent and hers are folded at my sides, this time is to comfort her. She rests her head on my shoulder, her face turned toward my neck and her arms are draped around my neck. 
"Thanks, James."
"You're welcome, you're family to me."
"We have to look out for each other," Jazz agrees.
"Too much has happened to let go."
There's a few minutes of appreciative silence between us, then she asks one hell of a question. "If you weren't seeing Danielle, do you think we'd be or would've been together? At all, ever?"
I sharply inhale and try to answer as best as I can, making sure to be honest. "I don't know. I would've liked to have given us a try and would still like to at some point, hopefully it won't destroy our friendship. I have Danielle to focus on right now."
"Oh, well, a one night hook up could give us the insight when you're single."
"What?" I ask, not completely sure I heard her right.
"Who knows?" she justifies, shrugging her shoulders.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story