I called Jazz last night and said we need to catch up, talk about some stuff. She's probably talking to my sister now, she's also messaging me on Yahoo IM. 'What are your plans for the next few days?'
'ATL and whatnot, I'll email their schedule'

Moments later, I have a new message in my inbox and I open it. I come across a few dates that cross with my brother's appearances and point them out to Johnny. The sooner I can talk to her, the better. "How soon can this be set up?" I ask Johnny, anxious to tell her everything that's been bogging me down.
"How about you fly out to Boston for the 20th? Wait, aren't you attending the VMAs?" he asks me.
"That's September 9th, right?"
"Yes."
"No, that's Nick, the guys, and *NSYNC. I'm staying here in Tampa. Wait, Atlanta in a few days, what's that?" I say, recalling my brother saying something about a charity thing involving his group and her brother's group.
"Challenge for The Children, CFTC basketball game."
"Yes, get me there. Please, man, I have to talk to her."
Just my luck, Nick comes in the room with his phone attached to his ear as he talks to a girl. "You got it, AC," Johnny affirms.
"Thanks. Talk to you later, people!" I say, leaving the room with my text messages pulled up. 'You'll be at the charity game right?' I turn back to grab my laptop and head for my room, wanting to continue the conversation with Jazz.
She answers on the IM. 'Can't answer your text while on the phone with Les'
'Sry, forgot. You'll actually be at that charity game?'
'The one in Atlanta, CFTC?'
I close one eye and purse my lips. 'That has to be it, Nick and the other 4 will be there'
'Mmm, yup, that's the one. Time with Nick.'
'Not good. Get him off your brain. Serious.'
'Why?' 
I'm sure she wants a straight answer. 'It has to do with him.'
'What now?'
'This girl he's been talking to.'
'Me?'
'What do you mean?'
'He didn't tell you that we're together again?'
'WHAT?!'
'Guess not.'
'This is some kind of sick joke, right?'
'I am being serious, totally legit.'
I get up and pace back and forth before I type another letter. 'Congrats :('
'Aren't you happy?'
'I know he's going to build you up just to break you down again'
'He says he really loves me and won't do that this time'
'Changing subject. How's your brother?'
'Good. We've bonded better.'
'Great! :)'
'G2G! Busy day tomorrow'
'Night'
'Nightaz' is the final IM before signing off.
"He claims to love you and hooked up with Caylei less than 3 months later. He's now flipped it, being with you less than a month after her. This is crazy," I say, dropping my head into my hands as I sit against the wall.

I'm sitting in on one of the Boys' studio sessions and I hear a song Nick wrote, I think it's called 'Sick As My Secrets'. I hope it's not for their new album, Jazz would be seething and want him dead. A few lines strike such a cord, it makes sense to be about her- 'Does he know it's me you've been talking to? Six miles, twelve lights to your front door, I just can't take it no more.' It has other details that are unique to the relationship they've had since last summer. Only people close to them and have known about this, will comprehend who he wrote this about. There's a reason he's recording it now, most likely ready to tell the world about their hurricane relationship. Nick comes out of the studio and I pull him out of the room for a minute. "Are you serious about exposing this kind of thing? She's going to be pissed," I point out.
"We aren't sure if it's going to be on an album," he calmly states, defending himself.
"It might get leaked."
"I'll deal with the repercussions when and if they come about."
"You better hope it doesn't come out or get leaked while you're with her," I warn.
"Why?"
"It'll be on 'like Donkey Kong', as she says and that's personal business between you and her."
"Why do you care?"
"It could start some serious problems, especially with Jazz."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story