"Jazz, wake up, baby," I hear Justin say.
"Come on, get up, girl." That's Chris, annoyed.
"I know how to get her up. You need to head to your parents'." Damn James for knowing me so well.
I groan and stretch, waking up from a much needed nap after fully explaining the situation between Justin and I to James. "Time check," I demand.
"Not even up an hour and already making demands," Chris states.
I poke my tongue out between my lips, scrunching my face up at him and he grins. "It's 4:30," Justin informs me.
"That gives me 45 minutes."
I sit up and grab my bag, making sure to bring it into his laundry room to grab the load of clothes I threw in just before getting in the shower earlier. I fold and pack my clothes, listening to Justin escort James and Chris to the door. I hear him walking back to me, his hands landing on my hips as he pulls me close to his body. "How long do you have till you have to go?"
"After I hang out with James later, I'm off to Tampa."
"This is going to suck."
"Sorry, they're paying me and as much as I would love to stay with you, I have to convince Nick that we're a happy couple."
"I know," he mutters, his head on my shoulder and I feel his warm breath on my neck.

I turn and kiss him, his arms pulling me close. I grab my bag and zip it before heading to the door. "I'll see you in a few weeks, alright? We can hook up then."
"I guess, Jazz."
He grabs hold of my hand and pulls me into a hug, the sound of a car revving it's engine in the driveway stopping us from kissing. It's Britney, so I begin to walk away and he reluctantly lets go of my fingers. "Hey, girl!" I greet, giving her a warm hug. 
She squeezes me back and greets me. "What's going on, girl? Bonding time?"
"Yeah, kinda needed it."
My cell rings, grabbing our attention and I check who the caller is before allowing a groan to escape my lips. "JC?"
"Yeah, I have to go visit with the family before I leave for tour tonight."
"Maybe we can catch the Ft. Lauderdale show tomorrow night?" she suggests, glancing at Justin.
"I don't know if there's any open seats."

My phone rings again and I answer, waving at Justin and Britney as I walk to my Mustang. It looks like a beater, but it's not. "I'm on my way there, Oshai."
"Good, I'm leaving my house now."
"That's nice," I retort. "What else is bogging your mind?"
"You didn't answer my calls or texts for the past couple days," he reminds me, an edge of irritation in his voice.
"Jet lag," I fib.
"Bull shit."
"We will talk about it another time."
"No, we are talking about it tonight."
"Fine, I was setting something up for some people. I refuse to tell you anymore."
"Why don't I believe you?" he growls.
"I have no idea, Joshua."

"You're not going to tell me, huh?"
"Nope, not yet. I said I'd start telling you things, little by little."
"You plan on telling me though?"
"Yes."
"How do I get you tell me everything?"
"Sit back, wait patiently and you'll hear it all in time," I tell him.

I pull up to momma and papa's house in Orlando, almost reluctant to go in after seeing Josh's and Tyler's vehicles in the driveway. I sit in my car, trying to force the feelings of dread and nervousness away from me. I close my eyes and meditate for a minute, a tapping on the passenger window scaring me. I jump and look over, seeing Josh. I unlock the door and he opens it, albeit cautiously. "I think we need to talk. Do you want to take a walk around the block? Dinner's not going to be ready for half."
I quickly decide to take him up on his offer, praying he remains calm about what we may talk about and just thinks about it. "Sure, just don't freak out about what is said."
"Deal," he agrees, holding a lone pinky out and I link mine with his. I get out of my car and lock the doors, heading inside just long enough to let our parents know we're going for a walk. They tell us they'd call once the table is set. We walk along side one another walking down the road. "What's going on with you?" he gently asks me.
I jam my hands in my sweater pocket and look ahead. "I miss Ma, I want to go home, and I need to get through this mini tour before being on one for close to a year that happens to be worldwide."
"The Boys and then Christina's," he says. "You've achieved more than I have and make just as much as I do, if not more in less time than me."
"Yeah, well, you get to entertain on your butt and take breaks, I don't. I'm always on a tour, in a video, on a stage, writing or producing."
"I'm proud of you."
"Josh, I'm not as innocent as you think."
"I know and I'm trying to come to grips with the fact of your activity."
"I try to stay in most nights, but some nights it's damn near impossible."
"I know. That's one thing I've been aware of." 
He pulls me into a hug, stopping on the side of the road and I hug him back with tears in my eyes. "I'm so scared."

A little while, a heart to heart between Josh and I and a phone call later…

"We hardly ever see you," momma reminds me as we sit at the table for dinner as a family like we hardly do because of the busy schedules Josh and I have.
"I know, I'm sorry. I guess I'm still healing and I need time to figure everything out. Tyler, it's not to play with, you're supposed to eat it." Tyler is building a volcano with his mashed potatoes and the gravy is supposed to be the lava.
"Look at how my magma flows like a river over the top of my volcano," he says, imitating Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.
Josh and I look at each other, shake our heads and hear papa smack 'Ler upside his thick head. "We know which of us is the biggest dork," I comment.
"Idiot," Heather corrects and the 3 of us chuckle softly.

Papa clears his throat, gaining our attention in a split second. "When are you touring together?"
"With the album they have planned to start working on at the beginning of the year, just before my birthday, is done."
"Really?" Josh asks me.
I reach across my body and lightly shove him. "Yes, doofus, really."
"Am I last to know?"
"Not this time, Joey is. Try not to say anything."
"What're you going to do to me if I say something?"
"Sugar up your nose," I say sweetly.
"Ow," Tyler comments.
We laugh at his acknowledgement of pain and normal dinner conversation commences, continuing through the meal. We shared alot of memories, laughs and concerns.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story