It's been close to a month and all the 5 of us have gotten are texts, no calls. "Lance, can you try calling her?" JC asks me.
"Sure, but I don't know if she's going to answer." I find and highlight her contact info on my phone, pressing 'send' to dial.
"I'm so sorry I haven't called."
"It's ok, I'm just glad to hear your voice."
"So get me up to speed," she requests.
"Chris chopped off his hair," I begin.
"He saved me one of each?"
"Yes, he did and put em in a ziploc. We are still fighting with Transcon."
"Oh, my gosh! That bastard! We need to hang out to get you guys smiling from your hearts again!"
"Definitely. JC's worried, Justin misses your laugh, Joey wants you to cook again, Chris wants to hug you, and I want to spend time with you."
"Josh always worries, Justin can call me too, Joey is a food lover and would marry food if he could, Chris sees me as another sister, and I want time with you again."
"When do you have time off, 2 or more days off and where?" 
"The tenth and eleventh in Phoenix."
"I'll call the airline and get the tickets."
"Call me back with the info."
"It's a week away so there should be plenty of tickets."
"Alright."
"Talk to you soon."
"For sure."

She hangs up and I call the airline company. "Hello, Southwest Airline. I'm Patricia, how can I assist you?"
"Well, Patricia, I need to acquire 5 seats on a flight going from Orlando, Florida to Phoenix, Arizona with an early arrival in Phoenix, please."
"Let's see what we have. I have just enough seats in economy for you and the arrival is 6:45 in Phoenix."
"Are there any layovers?"
"No, sir, it's a direct flight."
"Could I have those, please, ma'am?"
"Yes, sir. What name and credit card information do I put them under?" I give her the necessary information she requested and I get my confirmation number, ticket numbers and all other pertinent details concerning the flight. 
"Thank you, ma'am."
"Thank you for choosing Southwest Airlines, Mr. Bass."
"Have a wonderful day."
"You as well, sir."

I hang up and call her back. "Hey."
"We fly to you and land in Phoenix at 6:45 am."
"Sounds good to my ears. You're all coming?"
"Yes."
"Sweet deal."
"No doubts about it."
"Anything coming up?"
"Um, TRL this 6th with Gloria, taping Celine's special the 7th, Justin is working on two movies and we're filming for an episode of 'Touched By An Angel'."
"That's alot in a week."
"Part of the business."
"I have today off and it's my last day before a show."
"Ok, I'll let them know to buzz ya." I hang up and smile at my brothers. "Feel free to call her, not all at once."  

The past few days zipped by, I realize as we sit in the green room at the TRL studio and we're 3 days closer to seeing her. Alright, so it's more to check on her, sue me. "So, Lance, what about that girl Nick brought to the VMAs?" Carson Daly cooly asks, standing in the doorway.
I sit back on the couch, placing my ankle on my leg and coyly smile. "What about her?" I play dumb.
"Wasn't she hot?"
"I've known her from when she was 13 or so and seen her grow to what she is now," I say, looking at the other guys and they nod in agreement.
"You five personally know this girl?"
"She would kick your ass," Justin informs him, checking his nails to avoid eye contact.
"Why?"
"For calling her 'that girl'," he tells Carson, his phone grabbing his attention for less than a minute. "Hey, you. Yeah, Carson called you 'that girl Nick brought to the VMAs'. No. Yeah. I promise. Sure, hold on." He presses a button and smiles. "Go for it, hon," he encourages.
"Carson, you there?" she sweetly asks.
Carson's eyes dart between the five of us and we nod, encouraging him to respond. "Yeah, I'm here."
"First, I'm not just that girl Nick Carter brought to the damn VMAs-I'm his girlfriend. Second, karma is like a 
temperamental tiger. Third, cad atá scarier, pissed ar thalamh nó ar chailín celebrity pissed off chailín celebrity a bhfuil baill teaghlaigh míleata?" she heatedly rambles off, breathing heavy after.
"I understood everything except for the last part," he admits, his fear filled eyes darting between us at a faster clip.
"She asked if a pissed celebrity's woman or one with military family was scarier."
"Military family."
"Wise answer, think twice next time. James, feicfidh mé a fheiceáil na cúig de tú i díreach ceithre lá, yeah?"
"Of course you will. Remember, 6:45 in the morning."
"Got it and being impatient."
"See you then. Graim thu, Bitty." I haven't called her that in about 4 years.
"See you soon, James."
I hang up with her and smile, getting up to grab a bottled water.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story