Christmas was awesome and New Year's Josh let me get wasted with him and the guys at Chris' place. Now, it's a couple days before my birthday and I'm beginning to ponder what they have planned. "Josh?" I not so innocently whine, spinning in the chair next to him in the studio.
"I'm not telling you because I don't know anything other than where to bring you," he tells me as he writes what he hears from his voicemail, a memo he had recorded for a song.
"Do you have a title for it yet?"
"Not really."
"How about 'Space Cowboy'? It's repeated dozens of times in the chorus."
"I'm having trouble understanding what I said in the first two verses due to noise."
"Let me see it," I demand, holding my hand out and wriggling my fingers. 
He unwillingly hands over his cell and a pad of paper, dropping the pen on top of it in defeat. "Go for it," he groans, holding his head in his hands and rubbing his temples in a circular motion. He might have a migraine, damn airports.
I turn it up all the way and focus on the words he says, scribbling them down in the process. "Tell me if these sound right," I request, handing him everything back.
He reads over them, his head hopping along with the beat in his head as he mouths the words on the paper and smiles. "Sounds right, but I don't remember the line about Jerusalem."
"I added it because it made more sense and it sounded great."
"Go bug Justin or something," he tells me, waving me off.

I shrug and look for Justin to show up, they have one more song to add. Just as I begin to get lost in my thoughts, a pair of muscular arms wrap around me and a pair of lips press a quick kiss to the side of my neck. I look at the hands clasped together on my abdomen and smile to myself. "Hey, Timbs," I coo.
"Hey, JazzBean. Waiting for me?"
I giggle. "I may have been," I tease.
"We can't keep hiding this."
"I'll tell Oshai soon," I tell him, not being entirely honest. I don't plan on telling my brother for quite some time.
"Is he in there?" he asks, thumbing toward the studio door behind him.
"Yeah, he's tweaking that song."
"The one about prophesies?"
"Yeah."

Soon after we had entered the studio again, the other three guys decided to show their faces and I begin to curl up on the couch. I hate being in the studio with anyone when they're recording because I'm usually forgotten about for awhile. I clip Oshai's headphones and Justin's tape player, trying my best to sink into my own world. I close my eyes and mouth the words to the tape mix Justin had made, relaxing beyond words. "Shhh, I got you," I hear Justin tell me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story