Rehearsing again, this time with Caylei here. It's been-. My phone is ringing, the ring sound from Sonic coming from it. I look at Wade and Caylei. She won't stop, but Wade convinces her otherwise. "Cay, they haven't eaten since breakfast and it's almost 2, that's close to 7 hours since they ate." He motions to us and I pout, I'm hungry. I'm more interested in who just called me.
"Fine, two hours to eat and then it's back to it."
We order food and they eat like they usually do, I scarf my food. I hardly taste it. I grab my cell and head outside to squat down with my back against the wall as I check my caller ID, checking my messages. "Oshai, we need to talk. Call me back. Yes, I'm off lockdown and I have the day off." 

I smile at her voice mail and dial her number, returning her call. "Are you alive?" I whisper to myself.
"Hey, Josh!" she greets, happy to be able to call us on her breaks.
"Hey, you. What's going on?" 
"I'll be staying with you for a little while between the end of the Boys' tour and prepping for the VMAs. After that, I'll spend till the 15th of September with you."
"Really?" I ask, more than excited.
"Yes. August 7 till September 5 and then the 11th till the 15th."
"That's just over a month."
"I know. I have to do this. I have a tour to do."
"Are you fooling with Nick? Be honest."
I crunch over and balance my elbow on a knee, squeezing the bridge of my nose. "No."
She answered calmly? "Ok."
"What else?"
"He's not single."
"It's his business."
"You're single."
"I don't kiss, screw or do anything behind closed doors or on my own time and tell."
"It hurts to see her hurt."
"Sorry." I hear someone kissing her neck and my blood begins to boil, getting a giggle from her. "Relax, I'm not," she responds to either a written note or whispered question from whoever kissed her neck. "I will see you soon enough."
"It's the end of July." Yes, just days after I got back here, she got put on lockdown. It's now July 30 and she was put on it the 14th.
"I'll be done here the 7th according to this time zone and the 6th where you guys are."
"Are you going to be here in the morning or closer to the show?"
"Closer to the show. Might get there partway through."
"Alright. Are you doing drugs, having sex or cutting?" I ask, concern dripping from each word of my question.
"No drugs, protected sex and no cutting. I do know what a condom is. I'm 16, not stupid. I'm not chancing pregnancy and I know my partner. Have a little faith in me," she cooly says.
"I just worry when I can't keep an eye on you, when you're not around me."
"I know and that's why I don't get upset when you grill me with 25 million questions about what I'm doing. Any new bullshit in the tabloids?"
I chuckle, eliciting a giggle from her. "Yes. That you're dating AJ because paps in Europe snapped a pic of you 2 walking arm in arm, you were smiling and threw your head back to laugh."
"What was I wearing?"
"Blue jeans, a Dolphins jersey that's five times the size of you, an orange head rag and it said it took place at your last stop."
"That's great!" she squeaks out, laughing harder than I've heard in awhile.
I'm still wondering and concerned about who she's sleeping with. As far as I know, Nick is the only person she's slept with and I hope it's not him again. "Are you talking to anyone?"
"What do you mean?"
"Dating."
"Yes, you'll find out when I come see you."
"Why are you being so secretive?" I demand, practically barking at her.
"Because I want to tell you when I'm ready and think it's best to tell you." 
"Sam, you have to realize that I'm scared about what you could be doing and if you're going to get hurt. It's what big brothers do sometimes. I guess I worry for you, even more so since the anxiety attack."
"I'm fine, the doc cleared me and I know you need to chill out on that, Oshai."
"I don't think you understand how scared I get when it comes to you."
"No, I don't. You'll see me soon enough and you calm down."

"JC?"  I look up to see Lance, my eyes shielded and worry etched into my features. "Lynni again?" he asks, looking over his shoulder. I peer around him and notice the paps, nodding.
"What's up?"
"We have to head back in."
"Be in there in a minute. I have to let you go, baby sister. Call later on, please."
"Love you, Oshai."
"Love you too, Oshannie." I hang up and get up, sighing.
"She should be fine."
"Yeah, I guess," I agree, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

~~~~~
I had refocused long enough to get through rehearsal, the rest of the day, and our show. That's not even counting the interviews! What she had said is still boggling my mind and I can't even begin to grasp what might be going through her complex mind. "You alright, JC?" Lance asks.
"It's what Jazz had said, it's bugging me."
"What's that?"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story