Chapter 13

At the end of January the guys had to fly out to California for the American Music Awards.  JC, was trying to convince Zoë to come with them.  He knew she was still upset about everything that had happened with Link. They had talked about it several times.

Since, the whole ordeal they had sworn to be completely honest with each other.  There was nothing like about losing your best friend to put things into perspective.

“Come on Zo, it’ll be fun.  Me and the guys will show you around Cali.  You’ve never been there before.  It’ll be like an adventure.  We always talked about traveling together when we were kids, so here is our chance.  What do you say?” JC, pleaded with her.

He’d been trying to talk her into going with them, for what seemed like hours, but the conversation had actually only been going for a few moments.  They had just been in court the week before, and Zoë just wasn’t up to being out in public for some awards ceremony, even though she wanted to be there to support JC.

Zoë, sighed leaning further back into the sofa she and JC were sitting on.  “Josh, I don’t know.  I have a feeling this would cause more harm than good.  I mean I want to be there to support you and the rest of the guys.  And trust me the idea of going to Cali with you, and going to some big awards show is all really appealing.  But I just don’t know if I’m up for all that yet.”

“When are you going to stop worrying about the stupid press.  I mean I understand why you worry, Zo.  You think it’s causing all these problems for me.  But I don’t give a shit about them and what they say or think.  You are my Best Friend, and I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have at my side.  I want you to go.  It would mean a lot to me if you would go. Be my date for the evening!” JC, said smirking at her while raising his eyebrows up and down.

“Your date?  You’re so simple!” she, laughed.  “Fine, whatever!  I’ll go!  If it means that much to you, then I’ll go.”

“GREAT!” JC, said happily leaning in to give Zoë a big hug.  “I’m gonna call the guys and let them know, and then call Johnny so he can make the arrangements.” he, said as he jumped up from the sofa and hurried off into his office to make his phone calls.

Zoë, leaned forward on the sofa and sighed.  She couldn’t understand why she felt so apprehensive about the whole thing.  In a way she did, but then she didn’t.  Of coarse the whole media thing had a lot to do with it.  But there was something else.  Things had been great between her and JC since their talk at the hospital.  Almost, too great.

All of the sudden he was bending over backwards to try to make her happy.  Not that he hadn’t gone out of his way before for her.  But now it was like overkill.  It was driving her crazy.  She knew he was still trying to make it up to her, because of what had happened.  But she didn’t need for him to do that.  And no matter how many times she told him that, he still continued with his nonsense.

A small smiled crept across her face as she thought more about the awards show.  She’d never been to anything like that before.  She would be lying to herself if she said she wasn’t excited about it.  Or about going to California for that matter.  She never got the chance to travel much growing up.  And JC was right, when they were kids they had always said they were going to go to all of these different places together.  It was defiantly going to be an adventure.  That was the one thing she was sure of.
 



 

Zoë’s, eyes grew wide as she starred out the window, taking in the city around her.  They were on their way to the hotel they’d be staying at while they were in California.

Their flight in had been an amusing one.  Traveling with the guys was turning out to be one big laugh after another.  All they did on the plane the whole way there was clown around and tease each other.

Zoë, had been so embarrassed at one point by the guys childish behavior that she had excused herself to go hide in the bathroom, while they were throwing candy and stuff at each other.  And cracking stupid vulgar jokes.  She just didn’t know what to do with them.

Now, in California they’d all calmed down a bit.  The guys were talking about the AMA’s, who they were looking forward to see perform.  But Zoë, was completely lost in her own little world as she starred at all the buildings and everything around them.

“It’s a pretty nice city, huh?” Lance, asked breaking Zoë from her thoughts.

“Yeah, it’s amazing.  I just wanna see everything.” she, said with a exasperated look on her face.

Lance, laughed at the expression on Zoë’s face.  “You look like a kid in a toy store!  And you don‘t know what toy you want to play with first.”

“Well, there’s just so much to see.  There’s no possible way I’m going to be able to see all of this stuff in the couple days we’re going to be here.  And there’s so much to see I don’t know where to start!” she, told him still starring out the window.

“Well, you’ll figure it out!” he, smiled.

“Besides, if you don’t get to see it all this time, I’ll bring you back.” JC, said joining the conversation he’d been listening in on.

“How did I know you was going to say that?” Zoë, asked giving JC a funny look.

“I don’t know.  I guess you’re psychic.” he, chuckled.

Zoë, rolled her eyes.  “IF I were psychic, I wouldn’t have gotten on the plane with you guys.  Cause I would have known ahead of time what fools you’d make of me!”

“Hey!  What’s that supposed to mean?” Chris, jumped in.

“It means you guys were acting crazy on the plane.  Like a bunch of overgrown kids.  I don’t know what was worse.  The food fight, stupid pranks, or the vulgar jokes you were screaming out so EVERYONE could hear!” she, laughed.

“Oh, you’re just jealous because you couldn’t get in on the action.” Chris, teased.

“OH, yeah!  I really wanted everyone on the plane to think I was a total nutcase.  Sure, I’m really upset about missing out on that, Chris.” Zoë, shook her head and smiled.

“I know you are!” he, said back with a cheesy smile.
 



 

A few minutes later they pulled up in front of a large, extremely fancy hotel.  Zoë, quickly noticed the group of girls standing outside the entrance, and shook her head in amusement.  “This should make for an interesting entrance.” she, thought.

“Zoë, when we get out stay close by okay?” JC, told her.

Zoë, laughed at JC‘s remark.  “Why?  Do you think I’m gonna get lost or something?”

JC, look shot her an un-amused look for her sarcastic response.  “NO!  I don’t think you’re going to get lost, smartass!  I’m just saying stay close.  Sometimes the fans can get a little carried away is all.”

“OK, OK….No need to get your panties in a bunch.” Zoë, laughed and so did the other guys at the thought of JC wearing panties.

“Now, that I have to see!” Justin, continued to laugh.

“Ha Ha, real funny!” JC, gave her another un-amused look, and then Lonnie opened the door and motioned for the guys to get out.

“Here we go.” Lance, sighed as he stepped out the door first and immediately the screaming girls became ten times louder than they already were.

Joey, followed suit.  Followed by Chris, then Justin, and his friend Trace, then JC who looked back and reached for Zoë’s hand as she climbed out behind him.  But once she was out, JC didn’t let go of her hand as she had expected him to.  Instead, he pulled her close behind him.

The guys stopped slightly on their way in to sign autographs.  As JC stopped to sign a couple himself, he looked back at Zoë.  “Remember stay close.” he, told her as he finally let go of her hand.

Zoë, shook her head.  She couldn’t figure out exactly where he thought she was going to go.  There was a ton of people swarming for them, and it was all the bodyguards could do to hold the girls back as they screamed and reached for the guys.  She had no where to go if she wanted to.

JC, started to move forward again towards the entrance, and Zoë was right behind him when someone reached out and grabbed her by her shirt sleeve, pulling her backwards.  She gasped, as it took her by surprise.

JC, turned quickly hearing Zoë’s gasp right behind him, and seen what was happening.  He grabbed a hold of her quickly pulling her away from the girls, her shirt sleeve ripping in the process.  He wrapped his arm around Zoë’s waist and guided her quickly into the hotel.  “Are you ok?” he, asked her almost frantically with concern in his eyes.

“I’m fine, Josh.  All they did was grab my arm.  Ol’ girl’s lucky I didn’t turn around and pop her.” she, laughed.

“I know you think I’m acting way over protective, but it’s for your own good.” JC, scolded her.

“Yes sir!” she, mocked.

“Ok, you two quit fighting and come on!” Justin, whined as they all headed off for their rooms.
 



 

A couple hours later after everyone had gotten settled into their rooms, and freshened up with showers, and a change of clothes they all met up in the hotel restaurant to get some lunch.

Their flight had left early that morning, and it was around 2:00 in the afternoon, so they were all hungry and agreed to grab a bite to eat, before the guys had to head over to the hall that was holding the awards ceremony for rehearsals.

However, Zoë had different plans in mind.  She wanted to go exploring.  She didn’t have much time in California and she wanted to take advantage of what time she had.  “I think while ya’ll are rehearsing I’m gonna go explore.” she, said joining the conversation the guys were having about their rehearsal.

“What?” JC, asked.

“I said I’m gonna go explore while ya’ll are rehearsing.  No offense but that sounds boring to me.  To just sit there and watch ya’ll.  Besides I wanna make good use of what time I have here in Cali.”

“Zoë, you don’t have any business our running the streets of California by yourself.  Wait, until after rehearsals and I’ll go with you.” JC, told her as he took a bite of his food.

“NO, I don’t want to wait.  I’m leaving here to go sight seeing.  It’s easier for me to go by myself than it is for me to go with you.”

“Why are you making this so difficult?  Why can’t you just wait on me?” he, demanded.

“I’m not the one making this difficult, you are!  You’re treating me like a child.  I’m a big girl JC, and I can find my way around the city just fine!” Zoë, said standing from the table glaring at him.

“Zoë, sit down.” Justin, said grabbing her by her arm and trying to get her to set back down.

“NO!  I’m leaving now.  I gotta get out of here!” she, said yanking her arm away from Justin’s hand and grabbing her purse and marching off out of the restaurant.

The six men sat looking at each other for a moment, as if debating on who would go after her.  Knowing full well that none of them could just run out of the hotel after here with the crowd that was lurking our front.

Finally, after a moment Trace stood.  “I’ll go.” he, said and then started to make his way in the same direction Zoë, had went in.

“No, I’ll go.” JC, said standing, but Justin stopped him.

“I think it would be better if you let Trace go.  She’s a lil’ pissed at you right now, and he can blend easier than you ever could.” Justin, told him.

“Trace, just met her recently.  What’s he going to say to her?” JC, defended.

“C, you know as well as I do Trace, has a way with words.  It’ll be fine.  Besides at least this way she’ll have someone with her.”

“Yeah, he’s got a way with words alright!” JC, said setting back down in the chair with a huff.

“Don’t even go there.  Trace, knows you and I both would kick his ass if he tried anything with Zoë.  Besides, I think you need to focus a little more on your problems with Zoë right now.” Justin, told him.

“I’ll have to agree with that.” Lance, added.

“What are ya’ll talking about.  Everything’s fine with me and Zoë.  Never better!” JC, said attempting to blow off their accusations.

Truth, was JC had sensed a tint of awkwardness between himself and Zoë lately, but he hadn’t said anything.  He was just trying to make up to her for all the craziness that had happened.  He was constantly buying her gifts, and doing special things for her.  Even though Zoë, kept telling him it wasn’t necessary, he still felt it was.  After what happened with Link, he didn’t want Zoë to ever have any doubts in her mind again about how much he cared.  But the only way he knew how to do that was to buy her things, and do special things for her.

Justin, started speaking again and interrupted JC’s thoughts.  “That’s why she’s been getting so annoyed with you lately.  Do you pay no attention to the way she reacts to you, C?  I mean seriously you cannot be that blind.  You’re pushing her over the edge.  All of these surprises.  Buying her things.  Forcing her to come out here with us.  You need to back off man!”

“I didn’t force her to come out here!”

“No, you just badgered her until she gave in.” Justin, shook his head in annoyance.

“I hardly think you’re the one to be giving me advice on, Zoë.” JC, scoffed.

“Dude, I’m just telling you this for your own good.  You’re smothering her.  I can see it, everyone at this table can see it!” Justin, looked around at the other guys sitting at the table who, just nodded slightly in agreement, and then he continued.  “I know you love her JC, I know you care!  We all do.  Zoë, knows that better than anyone else.  You do not need to keep pushing her.  You’re trying to hard.  The only thing is, I can’t figure out what you’re trying for.  You’ve already got her friendship.  Is there something else you’re pushing for?”

“What exactly are you suggesting?” JC, glared.

“Maybe you’re trying to get Zoë to LOVE you the way you LOVE her.” Justin, said putting a lot of emphasis on the words love.

“Zoë, already loves me!  I know that.  I just don‘t want her to have any doubts in her mind about how much I care for her.  Not after everything that happened with, you know who.” JC, said not even able to say Link’s name.

“C, she knows that you care!  You don’t need to smother her, and shower her with gifts for her to know.  She already knows!” Justin, said giving his friend a pat on the shoulder.
 
 
 
 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love jealous drunksex roommates jc justin joey chris lance