I found an apartment fairly quick. It was a two bedroom that was nice and it was also a few building down from my best friend Layla’s apartment. My mother had flew in from Texas and helped me unpack the furniture I had decided to bring with me, which only consisted of my couch, TV, and clothes. I bought a new bed because I didn’t want anything that Ben had slept in. And I’m not talking about sex or anything because I was still a virgin. Yes. A 24 year old virgin so sue me. I hadn’t felt like I had been with anyone who I wanted to share that experience with yet so I hadn’t and I was thankful I didn’t share that with Ben because it was hard telling how many people he had been with. I would always ask and he would never tell me so I assumed too many to count.

“Well, looks like you are all settled in Kim. It looks really good!” My mom was always so helpful and such an optimistic person. I tried to be like her as much as I could.

“Thanks again for helping me Mom, you didn’t have to do this.” She hugged me lightly. It felt great to see her, and to know the plane ride away from my house was even better feeling.

“Honey, I wanted to! Anyways we got done in just enough time to make it to the airport.” I was sad to see my mom go, but I know she had to go back home.

“Alright you got everything Mom?” I questioned as I help load her bags into my car. Even though I worked for a magazine, I made pretty good money. I just bought a new BMW and this apartment was in a good neighbored which made the rent a lot more higher, but I deserved it. “Yea I think I am all set.”

The ride to the airport wasn’t that bad and it sadden me to see my mom go. Thankfully though Layla texted me and asked if I wanted to go shopping with her and at the time nothing sounded more great.

***************************************************************

After spending hours on rodeo drive and having spent probably too much money, Layla and I decided to have a quick lunch. It felt so good to get out with my best friend and honestly I hadn’t even thought that much about Ben, only the times he would try to call and text, which I ignored.

“I’m so glad you got rid of that prick Kim. You deserve so much better than that lying, cheating, loser who lived off of his mommy and daddy.” Layla was very blunt but most of the time she was right, and she was definitely right about his one.

“ I know, I feel like 200 pounds have been lifted off of my shoulders. It feels so good to be back here, close to my family and friends. I plan on making a new start and the number on thing on my list is to get my shit together and not fall for the same ole’ douche bags that I had been with previously.”

“Yes and it wont be hard to find someone new. You are beautiful and men around here are crazy about pretty girls who actually have a career and don’t feed off of money.” Layla was eating a bite of her sandwich and reading her texts, from her boyfriend I assumed. She was dating this guy named Levi who was a music producer or something like that, but he seemed to make her really happy.

“ OK so Levi just texted me and said we should grill out tonight. We need to go to the grocery store and get some food. What would you like to get?” There was no way I was going, if it’s one thing I hate, it’s being a third wheel.

“I doubt I will go, I don’t wanna be a third wheel with you two.” She got a mischievous grin on her face, and I knew something was up.

“Wellll, Levi’s friend Justin is over right now playing basketball with him and I think he is going to stay and grill out with us too so you won’t be a third wheel. Plus he is really fucking hot and I think you should meet him, you know, start to open up and meet some new people here.” She had a point, I had been single for a few months and the though of meeting someone would be nice, just to try to get the feel of what being single feels like again.

“Ok. Why not. I say we get chicken.”

Layla texted back and looked up at me. “Chicken it is!”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story