Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews guys! :)

After searching through my closet, trying on dress after dress, I finally decided on a black one shoulder dress that had lace going down my left arm as a sleeve. I wore my hair wavy and wore my new black Manolo’s that my mom had gotten me for one of my previous birthdays. I must admit, I looked pretty hot if I say so myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t conceited, but I wasn’t a bad looking girl. Earlier in the day I was on the phone with my mom and she had given me some advice that had changed the whole aspect of my view on my life right now. She said, “Kim, live your life, quit dwelling on the past. Sure you might have wasted time with Ben, missed out on some people who could have made you happy and your life better, but your going to miss the opportunity even more being stubborn and hard headed like you are now.” She had a point. I mean yea, I have been hurt but why keep up a wall when someone else is out there who could knock it down and make my life better? No one knew me better than my mother. She knew everything about me and I think her advice earlier on that day was the start of a new me. I was going to let my guard down a little, have fun, meet people, and enjoy my life. I’m the type of person who it’s easier for me to forgive than to forget, which wasn’t a bad trait, but I needed to quit taking out my past problems on my potential future prosperities. And that’s exactly what I was going to do from now on.

***********************************

“The car is here girls!” Layla screamed while all of us were getting ready to go. I was thankful the girls were riding separate from the guys. Something about the paparazzi or something with Justin, Levi, and Trace arriving with a group of girls would’ve ended up in the tabloids so I was glad to be riding separate to say the least. I had met a few new girls and like most of them, except for Sam and Ashley. Sam was Trace’s girlfriend and Ashley was her best friend. From what Layla informed me, Ashley had this thing for Justin and had found out he was into me so she had kept being kind of short with me all night. My plan for the night was to be around him just to piss her off because she had no right to be a little bitch to me for no reason. Call me an ass, I don’t care, but I hate girls like that, especially the peroxide blonde with her huge fake tits that wasn’t even proportional with her body.

The ride over was fun, considering all of us were able to have a few glasses of champagne to get us warmed up for the night. Of course Ashley, in her short sleeveless too tight blue dress kept staring at me and asking me questions, trying to figure out if I was into Justin I’m sure. “So Kim, what do you do?” I looked over at her and laughed to myself and thought “don’t try to fuck every guy who will give me the time of day.” Of course I didn’t say that, even though I wanted to, “Actually I work in the fashion column for Glamour magazine” I said smiling, taking a drink of my third glass of champagne. “Wow that’s impressive” she smirked. I think Layla could tell I was getting ready to give her a smartass remark so she chipped in. “Yea Kim just moved back, so we are giving her a warm welcome party!”

I loved Layla. She was the best friend anyone could ask for, and she knew pretty much everything about me besides my mom. She and I had been friends since we were 18 and knew everything about each other’s relationships and lives throughout those years.

***************************

We finally arrived at the club, where the guys already where. It was nice to have a change because I hadn’t been clubbing in a year or two. Work in New York kept me pretty busy. We were escorted to the V.I.P area, which was awesome because every drink was there and it had it’s own little private dance floor that was full of people only in the VIP area. It was then when I noticed Justin, standing at the bar in a pair of dark jeans and a plaid blue, grey and white button up. He looked fucking hot and I couldn’t wait to dance with him. It was not like me to have such blunt thoughts but I think it was the 3 glasses of champagne I had in the car on the way there. I acted like I didn’t see him, so I non-chalantly made my way over to one of the tables to where Layla, Levi and a few others were.

“Damn Kim, you are looking hot tonight!” one of the new guys I had met earlier, Talon, had said. I knew then that Justin had noticed me because he was turned around from the bar and his eyes were on me. I could feel him checking me out, and I cant deny, I liked it, a lot.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story