Author's Chapter Notes:
Harder to Breathe – Maroon 5


Original POV

“Hurry, hurry, hurry!” JC’s voice was ringing through the entire bus, and he heard the others rushing, but he still rolled his eyes.

So damn slow. 

“I’m here!” Chris shouted, putting his hand up, and then running out the bus door, past JC. 

“Same!” Joey announced, jogging over towards Chris, ignoring JC. 

“Coming,” Lance yelled from inside the bus somewhere, and then appearing, smiling at JC, “Done.” 

“Kay, then get out,” JC urged, pushing at Lance’s shoulder, and Lance glared at him. 

“Don’t have to be so mean!” The other man stomped away from him, and JC rolled his eyes. 

He waited a minute, and then two, and then finally yelled, “Get the fuck out, already!”

“Jesus Christ, calm your shit, I’m here.” Kate let out, but not showing herself, and JC was about shout, again, when she appeared in the doorway, pulling her heel onto her foot, “I don’t understand why you get so fuckin’ uptight, man.” 

His mind had shut everything – even her voice – out, and his eyes looked from her feet, up to her slender, long legs, and higher, to her waist, her chest, the dress that hugged her body, perfectly, and her face, where her eyes bore into his, and he snapped out of it. 

“Huh? What? Sorry?”

“Nothing.” She let out, sharply, walking briskly to him, and then right past him, “Pig.” 

He smiled, goofily, inhaling her perfume, ignoring the words that came out of her lips. His eyes trailed after her, as she walked, haughtily, her hips swaying, side-to-side, and over to the boys. She was mad, alright, and he was so turned on by it. He wanted to nail her right then— 

“Yo!” Justin let out, in his face, making him jump back a little. 

“Motherfucker,” JC breathed, shaking his head at Justin. “What’re you doing? And why are you the last one to be ready? Christ, Justin, you’re not a girl.” 

“Whatevs, foo.” Justin put his hand up in JC’s face, snobbishly, and slipped his glasses up over his nose, before walking away to join the others. 

“What a drama queen…” JC muttered to himself, staring after the “man”. He walked out of the bus, and shut it after him, walking towards the small group. “What’re you all waiting for?” He asked, looking amongst them, and they looked back at him, confused. 

“We’ve been waiting for you.” Chris responded. “You’re basically the smart one, and we can’t leave without you, so we can’t help it that you’re late, and pulling us down with you.” 

I’m la—” JC caught himself, and they all looked at him, curious, “You know what? Let’s just go in, okay?” He tried to calm himself down, instead of lashing at them, so he walked away, and towards Rosie’s studio. 

When they got in, the band was rushed away for make-up, leaving Katelyn standing there, feeling awkward, as she watched them all with their individual make-up artist, rubbing stuff all on their faces. She licked her lips, looking down at her dress, and smoothing the wrinkles away. 

She had seen how he’d looked at her, and the way his eyes lingered on her chest, and legs, and it turned her off. He was such a pig. She was extremely surprised that since Rachel had left, he had actually managed to refrain from sex. Secretly, she had been wishing, he’d come to her, but he didn’t. She wasn’t sure if he had taken note of the fact, or not, that she hadn’t slept with anyone after him, and it wasn’t that she couldn’t, or didn’t want to, she just wanted to feel a particular kind of pleasureable rush that he, alone, had caused for her. 

“Well, damn, you look fine!” A whistled from behind her, and she turned around, just as someone’s hand came up, and the hit the owner of the voice. 

“She’s Matt’s sister, dumbass; don’t talk like that.” 

“I don’t give a fuck if she’s Matt’s sister—” 

Whack! 

Another blow to the head, as Jimmy rolled his eyes, turning to the shortest man of the three standing in front of her, “Matt will rip your balls off, and probably eat them. And if he won’t, I will. You have a girlfriend, chill.” 

“Katelyn?” Brian asked, turning to her, and she finally took full notice he was here, after hearing Jimmy fight with the midget next to him. 

Her stomach flopped, and she smiled, trying not to look like a doorknob, while doing it, but she couldn’t help it, this man was beautiful. And everything she had felt for him, earlier before, came rushing back, and she wanted him, badly. 

“Hmm?” 

He smiled, politely, “You look beautiful.” 

Jimmy grinned, and grabbed Brian by the neck, “See, here’s a gentleman!” 

“Thank you,” Katelyn managed to respond back. 

“By the way, this is Johnny, the bassist for the group.” Jimmy introduced, pointing at the man, who smiled, nervously, now.

“Hi,” he greeted, meekly.

“Nice to finally meet you.” 

“Now that we’re all acquaintanced, I just wanted to let you know that we’re here; we’re gonna go sit down, now, ‘kay?” Jimmy nodded at her, beginning to walk away. 

“Wait!” She blurted, “Uhm…” She looked around to see that the other guys were still sitting at their individual mirrors, getting ready, none of them paying attention to her. “I’ll come with you.”

“Alright,” Jimmy grinned, as all four of them walked towards the exit. 


JC watched as the shorter man held the door open for Kate, and didn’t bother to keep it open for the other two guys. Obviously, he had a thing for her. 

He rolled his eyes, as the girl who was in charge of his make-up and hair, walked around him, getting him ready. 

“On in two!” A voice shouted from behind him, and he looked at the girl, then. 

“You’re good to go,” she grinned, and he got up, following the others to wait in the area they were supposed to until Rosie called them out. 


She hugged Jimmy before walking away, feeling giddy. 

“Hurry up, Kat!” Justin yelled from the bus, holding the door open for her. She looked up, and jogged forward, and climbing in, as Justin shut the door, and Dave took off. 

“Where were you?” Justin asked, curious, walking ahead of her towards the room where all the others sat, watching TV. 

“Out. With the guys.” 

“Oh.” Justin said, and then nodded, “Cool.” 

“What?” She asked, seeing the look on his face. 

“Nothing,” he grinned. 

“No, Justin, what?” “Well…” He scratched the back of his neck, “It feels weird hearing you call them ‘the guys’ ‘cause that’s what you call JC, Chris, Joey, Lance, and I.” He felt stupid, suddenly.

She gushed, “Awwwwe!” Kate stepped closer to him, and pinched either side of his cheeks, “You’re so cute!” 

“Stop it,” Justin laughed, pulling his face away. 

“But don’t worry, kay?” She asked him, “You guys are my guys; I just recently got to know Brian and Johnny. Jimmy, however, I’ve known for years, now.” 

Justin nodded, and then began walking away from Kate, before yelling over his shoulder at her, “You coming?” 

“Gotta change.” 

“‘kay, be out soon.” 

Kate smiled to herself, watching him walk away. After a few moments, she treads towards the bathroom to change out, but as she turns the knob, she finds out it’s locked. Kate knocks once, “Hello?” 

“Yoohoo, beautiful – tryna shit, here.” 

“Ew, Joey. That’s gross, just… Ugh.” Kate made a face, and walked back towards the front of the bus, looking around. She sighed, and went to peek at the guys, making sure they were all watching TV, and not distracted, or anything. And they were all in fact watching TV. She took a deep breath, and walked back out to the guys’ bunk area, pulling her hairband off her head, running her fingers through her hair. She reached behind her, awkwardly, grabbing at the zipper, and inching it down. When it was positioned where she could actually pull down the thing, she grabbed it, and unzipped, shimmying her chest, letting the dress fall to the ground. 

Standing only in her strapless bra, and panties, Kate looked around, realization hitting her, “Fuck.” 

Of course I would forget clothes. 

She heard a voice from the other room, and then footsteps come closer. She panicked and her eyes looked around the bus, and she delved into the nearest bunk, pulling the sheets over her. 

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfu— 

The sheets were then pulled off her, and she squealed, just as the others in the room cheered, probably watching a game. She wasn’t the only person who had jumped when the sheets had been pulled back. 

“Kate?”

And of course I would choose his bed to jump into! 

“What’re you doing in my bunk?” JC asked, confused, his eyes running over her, and realizing she was in her undergarments, “Naked,” he added.

“Ugh. I forgot my clothes in the other room, and realized as soon as I’d taken the others off,” she admitted, sighing, feeling sorry for herself. “What’re you doing here?” 

“Enjoying this thoughtful thing you did for me," he smirked, and she rolled her eyes, grabbing his blanket, and pulling it up to cover herself. "I'm kidding. This is my bed – I was looking for my phone. Which you’re probably sitting on.”

She immediately searched under her, and found it, handing it to him, as he grinned. 

“I’m sorry. Just…” She shook her head, “As soon as I heard you walking closer, I just sorta freaked.” 

“It’s okay.” JC reassured her, trying his hardest not to stare at the parts of her blanket didn't cover. He was so fucking aroused, at the moment; he just wanted to get into that bed with her, even though the guys were right in the other room. “Uhm…” He licked his lips, and looked around, getting down on the floor, and looking under his bed. He smiled when he found it, pulling the shirt out, and handing it to Kate. “Here.”

“I was actually gonna ask if you could get my clothes for me, but…” She slipped the large t-shirt, over her head, and onto her body, getting up to see – it reached about six inches above her thighs. “This is cool, too.” 

Kate bent down, and JC bit his lip from moaning – sure the t-shirt covered her up, but it didn’t mean that when she bent, it would cover her ass. 

She picked the dress, and heels off the floor, turning around, and holding them out to JC, “Here.” 

“Wha–? Oh. Why?” He asked, dumbly. 

“I don’t need them.” 

“Well, I don’t need them.”

She shook her head, “No, dumbass – you can return them.” 

“But that would mean I would have to go back to the shop, and to be honest, I really don’t want to, seeing as were probably well away from the city.” He shrugged, “Keep it. They look good on you.” 

Kate rolled her eyes, “‘kay, whatever.” She then looked at him, smiling, “You have a hard-on the size of the Liberty Statue; did you know that?” She grinned, looking at it, causing him to do so, as well. 

“Shut up.” He shot back, “It’s not my fault I found a naked girl in my bed.” 

“You poor baby – you really need to get some.” 

“You have no idea.” 

“Oh.” She muttered, “I do.” 

“What?” He asked, not having heard her right. 

“Nothing,” she shrugged, “You should really go do something about that boner, though. I swear.” 

“Tired of taking cold showers,” he moaned, sitting down on his bed, looking at his phone. He didn’t hear her respond, so he assumed she left. 

Suddenly, his phone was taken out of his hand, and thrown behind him. He saw two long legs in front of him, and he followed them up, and he wanted desperately to rip the material off, and have his way with her – she had been really pushing his buttons, lately, and he just wanted her to know how badly she’d left him wanting so many times. Two hands placed themselves on his face, pushing it up, away from the legs, as Kate sat herself on his lap, facing him. 

“Look at me,” and he did so, “If anyone asks where I am, you are to tell them, I went out, okay?” 

“Where are you—?” 

She placed her finger over his lips, pulling his t-shirt off of her body, leaning back in, to kiss him, both of her arms around his neck, as a smirk settled on her lips. She rubbed herself against him, and he moaned, immediately cutting it off, realizing he was near others. 

“You have to be quiet…” She muttered, against his lips, as the palms of her hands rubbed up against his chest, intimately, under his shirt. “You don’t want this turning into some sort of a live porno for Joey – that’s no fun.” Her voice was sultry, and right against his ear, and all her managed to say was a shaky, “Y-yeah…” 

Her hands traveled up, and down. Up, and down. Up, and down. Up, and when they came back down, she pushed at his t-shirt a little, latching onto his belt, and undoing it, methodically. 

His hips bucked up, and his lips reached towards her, wanting to press them against hers, kiss her. She smiled, seductively, lightly, and leaned into him, capturing his lips, as their lip moved against the others’. 

Her fingers brushed lightly over his member, multiple times, as she tried to pull his jeans down, all the while wanting her lips to stay glued to his. He pushed his hips up a little more, picking her up with him, and she took her chance, kicking his jeans down with her toes. 

He pulled away from her lips, their eyes locked, as his mouth opened, “What’re we doing?” 

“I don’t know, but I really want this, Josh. Don’t stop.” She almost begged, and he pressed his mouth against hers, running the tip of his tongue along the shape of her mouth. Hearing her say his real name made her want her a hundredfold.

“I’m not going to – I haven’t had sex in so fucking long.”

“Oh, really” She smirked, “How long?” 

“Since the last time we fucked.” He muttered into her ear. 

She gazed at him, confused, “Weren’t you with Rachel even after that?” 

“Yeah, but, baby, that’s not sex. I don’t even reach climax the right way, or even close to or as powerfully as I do with you.” 

“Thanks for the ego boost, Chasez.” 

“No problem,” he winked at her, and her throat made slight purring noises, and she then pushed him, her wilder persona taking over, and ripping his shirt off his body. “This isn’t comfortable,” he let known, as she sat on his mid-section, her hands on his naked chest, his head propped against the wall, his own legs dangling off the side of the bed. 

She pulled her bottom lip into her mouth, and then got off of him, and near the head of his bunk. He sat up, straight, and grabbed the blanket out from under her, and diving under it. His body pulled up, closer to her, as her grabbed her legs pushing her under him, and she scrunched her nose up. 

“I kinda wanna do it sitting up,” she whispered into his ear, and he sighed. 

“Really?” 

“Yeah,” she nodded, running her fingers through his hair, “I swear to God, it’s fun.” 

“Fine. If you say so.” He pulled himself away from her, and she sat up, her back against the solid board-thing that separated his bunk from Chris’. He pulled the curtain all the way, and then pulled some of it back to let slightl light in, and made sure the comforter was over them or at least around them, just in case. 

“Mmm… I don’t think I’m lasting that long, this time.” She let spill, and he smiled at her, a twinkle in his eyes. 

“Oh? Why’s that?” 

“I haven’t had sex since the last time I did it with you. And, yes, I mean that quite literally. I actually haven’t had anyone stick anything down there, since you.” 

JC smiled, and tried to not laugh, but ended up doing it, anyway, covering his mouth, and she smacked him, playfully, “Jace!” 

“I’m sorry,” he let out, “That was funny, and it’s late.” 

“Yeah, whatever.” She stuck her tongue out at him, and he gazed at her, not laughing, as his face pulled to hers, and grabbed her tongue with his teeth. She protested as he held her tongue between his teeth, smirking at her, and then kissing her. Their tongues collided against each other, as their lips moved feverishly. His large hands left her waist, and travelled down to her panties, pulling them down her legs, slowly, and she shifted around in her spot, helping him get them off her body. 

“Get in me,” she breathed into his mouth, her fingers probed in his hair, pulling, twirling, and playing with the fairly long locks of curls he had. His eyes slammed shut, after pushing her panties away to the side, as he let himself go loose with her fingers running around on his scalp – it felt so good.

“Joooooosh,” she whispered, her tongue running against his ear, and he moaned, lightly, as his own hands went back up her silky, smooth legs and found her clit – he pulled at it, and she mewled, letting go of his hair, arching away from him, and her body tensed up. 

He grinned, devilishly, and pulled away from her a little, loving how the dim light portrayed her body. 

“What’re you doing?” She hissed, and it took him back to the last time they had done it, and she’d said the same thing. 

“Shh.” He instructed, hooking his thumbs into his boxer briefs, and pushing them down, as she stared, intently, gulping, or swallowing whatever emotion she was feeling, and he could tell she was anxious about wanting this, so he didn’t waste time – he was just as anxious. 

She reached over, and pulled at his erection, and he inhaled, deeply, looking down at her, and letting the breath he held, out. 

“You’re so big…” Her words came out slowly, erotically, and he gazed down at her, his eyelids heavy, and she returned his look, smiling. “Please?” 

“Mmm…” His body clenched as she squeezed, gently, and he nodded, “Mhmm.” 

She pulled at him, to get down to her height, and he did. When her legs entwined themselves around him, he shimmied his hips, lightly, and gently pushed in, feeling her throb around him, as her walls closed in. 

She gasped, very quietly, when he pulled out just the slightest, “Mmmhm…” 

He pulled out, and then dove in, again, and her mouth opened, but nothing came out. He held the side of the separator, his other arm around her, “Mmm, just like that…” He continued to pump in and out, and she began thrusting her own hips, lightly, as well, and JC thanked God almighty that the bunk was attached to the bus, thus letting them move as much as they wanted, without making the bed move, itself. 

“Oh, God, faster.” She let out, fingers pulling at his hair, as her senses let her feel every spark in her body, the throbbing that shook her whenever her heart seemed to pump, his arm around her. She felt him unhook her bra, and push it aside, his hand coming back around and his finger pulling on her nipple. “Ah…” She bit her lip, and looked into his dark, passionate eyes, and they were filled with lust. And it excited her so much more, knowing he lusted for her

“Kate…” He breathed, nearing climax. 

“Almost there.” She whispered back, feeling her own impending high point, as every ridge of him thrust into her— 

“Josh!” She let out, pushing at his body, and he flew back from the sudden movement, pulling out of her, along with everything. Her eyes were wide, and she licked her lips, gazing at him. “Condom.” 

“Shhhit!” He rasped, running a hand through his hair, his pulsing member cursing at him, most likely. He crawled towards the edge of the bed, and looking under it. He found his wallet there, and grabbed it, literally dumping all the contents out. He grabbed the packet, ripping the foil covering and throwing it somewhere. At lightning speed, he rolled it onto his dick, pulling the blankets back around them. 

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled, when he pulled towards her, and he shook his head. 

“No, no, don’t be – a baby is the last thing either of us need, I swear.” He nuzzled into the side of her face, kissing her, lightly, “Do you still want to?” 

“Do you have to ask?” She shot back, quietly, and he grinned, pushing back into her to finish what they’d started. 

And it wasn’t too long before he felt shuddering, not comprehending who it was – her, or him? 

“Fuck,” he let out, feeling his body fall loose from the clenching he had seemed to have it in, before. 

Her body squirmed, and she pushed up, her eyes rolling back, as waves crashed over her body. When that subsided, she let out a breath, and looked at him, grinning. 

“That was fun.” 

“Mmh.” Was all that came out from his mouth, as he pulled off out of her, and rolled the condom off, flinging it into the nearest trashcan they had on the bus. He then crashed down on the bed, on his back, panting, “You know… Every time, with you, it’s just…” He shook his head, “Don’t laugh when I say this,” and she nodded, “I honestly feel like I blow up every time I reach climax with you.” 

Kate looked at him, seriously, and then began laughing, “I’m sorry! That’s so stupid! Okay, sorry, sorry!” She added, covering her mouth, when he glared at her, jokingly. 

He then cracked a smile, “I don’t know what it is with you, girl, but you can seriously fuck.” 

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head, “You’re such a pig.” 

“I meant it in a nice way, though!” 

“There’s no nice way to tell someone they fuck good!” 

“Yeah, there is.” 

“Just shut up.” She placed her finger over his lips, and their eyes locked. She leaned down, and pressed her mouth against his, pulling back a little, and whispering, “I’d tap you again.” 

With that, she grabbed her panties, slipping them onto her legs, as she pushed her arms through her bra, fitting it on, and then turning around, pushing her hair away from her back, “Hook me up.”

“Oh, I will.” He grinned, and then grabbed the two pieces, pushing one into the other, before falling back into his bunk, again. She turned around and crawled over him, as he grabbed her hand, “Where are you going?” 

“Out from your bed? I don’t want anyone catching us.” 

“Stay for a while.” 

“Would if I could, sexy.” She shrugged, grinning, forcing her arm out of his hand, and he shot up, grabbing her waist, making her fall towards him. His lips landed over hers and he kissed her, hard, smiling, when he pulled back. 

Her eyebrows furrowed together, and she only smiled, gently, and then nodded, “Okay, weirdo.” 

“What?” 

She shrugged, still smiling, “Nothing.” Kate pushed the curtain away from his bed, and picked up his shirt off the floor, slipping it on, and then crawled over toward the foot of the bunk, behind the front area of the bus. She pulled out a cigarette, a lighter, and her phone, getting up, and walking over to the door. 

“You’re leaving like that?” He asked, and she didn’t bother turning around, but just opening the door, and walking out. 

JC sighed, lying in bed, looking up at the bunk above him.

“Oh my god!” Justin’s voice sounded into JC’s ear and he twisted his head to look over at the entrance to the living room. Justin was staring right over at JC, along with the other three’s heads around him. “I should have known when you said you were just going to grab your phone.”


Chapter End Notes:

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. Been SO busy, my life is just...a whirlwind, right now. I really hope you guys liked this, though.

It has sex, so I'm sure you did. Loljk.

Reviews would be much appreciated! ^___^ 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour tourjc jc justin friendswithbenefits joey chris cheaterjc lance