February 18, 2012

The moment was finally here. 

I have waited a lifetime for this – dreamt about this since the first time I heard him sing.  His grip was warm and firm around my hand as he walked me to my door.  You could already hear the music from my neighbor’s party.  The drumbeat was echoed in the beat of my heart as my blood coursed through my veins. 

JC and I had met in the airport.  He had been in the security line just in front of me and had accidently grabbed my laptop bag by mistake.  I hadn’t realized at the time who he was.  Once I passed through the detector and noticed the switch, I ran after the man who had taken my bag, barefoot.  We had a good laugh over the mistake and JC apologized by buying me a cup of coffee. 

Over coffee, we discovered we were both on the same flight so JC pulled some strings so that we sat together and could continue our conversation.  Since I had to catch a quick connection, we exchanged numbers just before the plane landed.  Which led us to our first official date tonight.  JC was only in town for one evening and we had stretched it out as long as we could.  He would soon be leaving for the airport to catch another flight and our time together was running short. 

Our steps slowed until JC pulled me to a stop, still several feet away from my door.  Grasping my other hand in his now, we stood face to face – toe to toe – heart to heart. 

“I had a wonderful time tonight, I’m just sorry we have to cut it short.”

“Me too, it has been great to see you.”  I said breathlessly. 

JC released my hand and lifted his slowly so that he could tuck a few loose strands of my hair gently behind my ear.  His eyes followed the path and he took a moment to caress my pulse point.  My heart was thundering now, drowning out the sound of the music. 

I took my free hand and pressed it against his chest, running it over the hard muscles until it rested over his heart.  I felt his heart beat pick up his pace and I smiled in response. 

His eyes flickered back to mine and an answering smile crossed his lips.  Unconsciously, I licked my lips and drew his attention down.  With the rough pad of his finger, he outlined my lips as his breathing became louder in my ears. 

He released my other hand so that he was able to run his up my arm, causing goose bumps to immediately appear anywhere he touched.  Once he reached the curve of my shoulder, he moved his hand to my back and drew it back down until it rested at my waist, pulling me closer to his body. 

My own hand explored on its own - feeling the steel under the remarkably soft skin of his bicep.  It took a moment to stroke the grey at his temples before it curved around his neck. 

Never had I wanted time to stop and freeze this experience…and yet speed up so that I could feel his lips on mine for the first time.  You could just look at him and fantasies of what those lips could do would leap to the forefront of your mind. 

My eyes closed halfway as he lowered his head, but still he held back, prolonging the moment.  Our breath mingled together.  Our foreheads touched before he teasingly bumped my nose with his. 

“JC…”  I whispered pleadingly. 

He answered in the only way that he could. 

Our lips touched.  His were soft and sweet from the dessert we had shared earlier.  He nibbled as if he were taking the first bite of something delectable.  I tried to deepen the pressure, but he pulled away suddenly to look into my eyes.  He must have seen what he wanted.  His trademark smile appeared before his lips crashed back onto mine. 

The world started spinning and I held on tightly to the only man that mattered. 

The only man that existed. 

Blood surged through my veins, making me instantly hot.  His lips slanted over mine and took total control.  His arm tightened around my waist and lifted me until I was standing on my tiptoes, pressed as tightly as I could be against his chest. 

His mouth moved away from mine as we both sucked in deep breaths.  Once again, he rested his forehead on mine.      

“I’ll call you tomorrow.”  He said.  Was his voice trembling or was it my imagination?

All I could do was nod as I tried to focus on anything other than him leaving.  He took a reluctant step back as I tried to force my arms to release him.  I caught one of his hands in mine and gave it a squeeze. 

“Have a safe flight.”

He cupped my cheek and brushed his thumb over my lips, finally heading back toward his rental car.  But just before he disappeared from view, he looked back one more time.  And with a smile and a wave, he was gone. 

I listened until his car pulled out of the driveway before I unsteadily made my way to my front door.  Shutting the door behind me, I leaned up against it and did the only thing a self-respecting woman that had just been thoroughly kissed by JC Chasez could do –  

I screamed.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review!

Completed
Lew is the author of 19 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story