Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I couldn't update sooner, but thank you so very much for reading and leaving the positive feedback! Here's the next one. Enjoy!

"Dang it, Josh," Katrina muttered, taking in the sight before her. She flung her leather handbag onto the unmade bed and put her hands on her hips, looking around the floor of her room.

If it wasn't for the fact that she didn't own any valuable jewellery or had old keepsakes hidden anywhere, she would have sworn some thief had had ransacked her room.

There was a grey towel thrown over the chair in front of her vanity table that had soaked the cushion with its wetness, and everything from the t shirts she slept in to her training bras to her ‘going out' jeans down to the shirts she had to wear to work every day were thrown all over the place.

Katrina scowled as she walked over to her dresser where the very last drawer was open. It was the same drawer where she kept clothes people had forgotten over whenever they spent a night at her apartment. And by ‘people', she meant JC.

Using her leg, Katrina kicked in the drawer. She bent down to start gathering up her scattered garments that were obviously thrown straight out from her closet where she was sure JC was looking for something to wear after he had taken his shower sometime that day.

Getting up with an armful of clothes, she dropped them all onto the foot of her bed. Coming home to a bedroom that had looked like a fashion tornado had hit it wasn't ideally what she anticipated. After she clocked out at the end of her ten-hour shift at a store full of people whose biggest worries resembled ‘Does the red one make my boobs look rounder?', all Katrina wanted to do was make up for the sleep JC had deprived her of the night before.

She rummaged through the small pile of clothes, surprisingly finding and setting aside the two grey and white t shirts and black jacket that she knew belonged to JC.

You would think that after he went through her stuff, trying to find something that may have belonged to him he'd have taken the extra clothes when he left.

"Pixel?" Katrina called out loudly, looking around for the cat. She picked up his clothes and went into the living room, leaving the mess to stay as it was.

"Pixel, where are you?" she called out again. She went to open her mouth again but closed it when she noticed a pair of tiny eyes staring at her from under the couch. A soft purring called to her.

Katrina smiled, stooping down to pet the small animal. "What're you doing under there? Did JC step on your tail again? Or are you just hungry?"

Obviously not expecting an answer, Katrina waited a few seconds before Pixel crawled out of her hiding place and into her free hand. As she stood up, the cat started leaning over to where her other arm was, and curiously started scraping its claws onto the leather of JC's black jacket.

"Dammit, Pix," Katrina muttered, pulling the cat away and dropping the clothes. "That isn't ours!"

Taking the animal into the kitchen, Katrina quickly made her way from the fridge and went to pour some milk into the small bowl she kept next to the table. Setting Pixel down next to it, Katrina stroked its head. "I'll be back in a while, okay? Don't claw nothing else."

She walked back into the living room and picked up the clothes she had dropped, along with her car keys she had rested on the coffee table.

Making her toward the door, she looked down at the jacket. The claw marks weren't long, but clearly evident on the sleeve. She shook her head, hoping to rid herself of the headache that was starting to come on and sighed. "Better his jacket than mine," she said to herself.

-----

"Is he ever home?" Katrina muttered, looking around JC's living room. Having the code to his gate and the key to his three million dollar mansion was one of the few perks in their oddly close friendship.

He wasn't in the kitchen, the water in the pool she could see through the window was calm, the red light to his basement studio was off and the living room was still. She looked at the long flight of stairs a few feet away from her and decided against walking up. Too much energy for her liking this time of day, and it didn't look like he was home.

She turned her back and went over his cream sofa, folding his t shirts over the arm rest. She'd hang the jacket next to the front door on his coat rack. Leaving the living room, Katrina started on her way toward the foyer. A few feet away from the door, she heard her name.

"Hey, Kat."

Katrina jumped, slightly, and spun around. JC stood under the arced frame wearing a pair of boxers and a plain white t shirt. He was holding two wine glasses, both halfway filled with God alone knew what.

"Hey," Katrina replied, looking at him.

JC smiled. "What're you doing here?"

"I found some clothes you left over in my apartment and came to drop it off."

"Oh, sorry about the small mess I made in your room. I was in a hurry and didn't get time to fix everything."

"One, it wasn't a small mess and two... You should know where everything is by now."

JC chuckled. "Fine."

"I'll just hang this over-" Katrina was cut off when a petite blonde popped up from behind JC. She seemed to be wearing nothing besides one of JC's oversized t shirts.

"What's taking so long?" she asked, touching his arm. She looked over at Katrina. "Who's that?"

Ignoring Katrina's stare, JC shook his head. "Just a friend who came to drop off some stuff."

"Are you gonna be any longer?" the blonde purred, tiptoeing to meet his lips.

JC kissed her for half a second before quickly pulling away. "Take these," he handed her the wine glasses. "I'll be up in a minute so we can finish up."

Katrina rolled her eyes but the girl giggled, accepting the drinks and then left the room. Her head was obviously on cloud nine or whatever JC had been giving her to drink seemed to be working to his advantage.

"What?" JC asked, finally meeting her accusing glare.

"Who's the chick?"

"Angie or Andy," JC shrugged. "Hot though, right?"

Katrina threw the jacket toward him. "What happened to Chelsea?"

"We talked this morning and made up and she said she wanted to spend the day with some of her friends. I ain't got nothing better to do so... I went out and met someone."

"You're away from your girlfriend for a day and you cheat on her?"

"It's not cheating if there's no feelings attached, Kat," JC reminded her, quoting what they both had been living by for years. "It's not like I got feelings for this girl or anything."

"Just a casual thing?"

"Just a casual thing," JC nodded.

Katrina sighed. "Just wear your protection," she warned him. "And get her outta your house before your girlfriend starts blowing up your doorbell tonight."

"I know how to hide the clues, Kat," JC chuckled. "I'm seeing Chels tonight anyways. More sex for me."

"Man whore."

"You have no proof of that."

"I'm not her biggest fan, but you guys have been going around for a long time now. Don't cheat so often."

"She won't find out, Katrina, stop worrying. And blondie won't care as long as I fondle with her a bit and then she'll be on her way."

"When I came here, I didn't even think anyone was home," Katrina said.

"My bathroom's soundproof, remember? You of all people should know that, given the amount of times you and I have-"

Katrina held up her hand to stop him. "I came to drop off your clothes as quickly as possible so I can get home, and get some sleep. No need for you to say anything in response."

"Thanks," JC smiled. He looked down at the jacket she had thrown at him and held it up. "Hey, what happened to the sleeve on this thing?"

Katrina shrugged her shoulders and walked backwards to the door. "Pixel liked the fabric."

-----

The next day- 7PM

"Are you sure you don't mind closing up for me tonight?" the red head asked, pulling on her jacket. "I know I do this a lot and it's Friday night..."

Katrina shook her head, placing her hand over her mouth to cover her yawn. "It's fine. I get paid for the extra hour so it's no big deal." She leaned over the counter she stood behind and placed her forearms on the surface, the cash register next to her. "What plans you got tonight?"

The freckled faced beauty grinned. "Two year anniversary with the boyfriend."

"Congrats," Katrina smiled at her co-worker. "Have fun."

"I'm not delaying any of your plans by keeping you here tonight, am I?"

"Nah, not really. I'm tired as hell but that's only because I haven't slept really well in a while."

"I'd ask you why," the girl said. "But my guy's out front already."

"Go ahead," Katrina encouraged. "I got it covered here."

"I owe you one, Kat."

"Doesn't everyone," Katrina murmured to herself, waving goodbye to her friend.

Seeing that there were only two other customers in the store who didn't seem to need any help over in the bras and panties section, she decided to pull up a game of Solitaire on the computer next to her.

She had only moved one card when a guy in a white turtleneck and black pants walked up to the counter. He was wearing a pair of dark shades, hiding the features of his eyes and Katrina jumped when she realized he was staring at her, awaiting her recognition.

"Oh," she straightened. "Can I help y- Speaking of hell..."

JC grinned, lifting his shades to reveal himself to her and then lowering them back over his eyes. "Hey. I didn't know you worked the night shift here. I thought you'd be home by now."

"Hey, Josh," Katrina sighed, turning back to her game. "I took an extra shift for the night."

"Needed the cash?"

"I did someone a favour. What're you doing in an all women's store? And why are you wearing dark shades to the mall? At night."

JC rested the red box he had been holding onto the counter in front of her. "I didn't feel like getting mobbed by anyone here. And I came to get these."

Katrina lifted the lid off the box, only to reveal the pair of black, four inch stilettos.

She lifted her eyebrows, telepathically asking JC to explain.

"I thought about what you said yesterday about me and Chels being together for a while now and I admit, for once, you made me feel guilty about sleeping with that other girl."

"So you bought her six hundred and eighty dollar heels to show your love instead of coming clean?"

JC frowned, pointing to the price on the side of the box. "I thought they were nine hundred."

"These are still on sale," Katrina explained. "Thirty percent off. You only have to pay six hundred and eighty instead of the nine hundred."

JC smiled, impressed. "Thanks SmartieKat."

Katrina nodded, accepting the credit card JC was handing her with one hand and using the other to cover another yawn.

JC saw the way she had to blink a couple times to keep herself completely awake as she continued to ring him up.

"Why are you so tired?" he asked.

"Didn't get a lot of sleep these past couple days."

"I thought you slept last night after you left my house yesterday."

"An hour after I got home, the couple in the apartment directly above me decided they wanted to have a natural, home birth. The woman has no tolerance for pain, might I add."

"Ouch."

"She was in labor for eleven hours."

"So, no sleep?"

"I stayed up, listening to screaming for the entire night."

"So why'd you take this extra shift?"

"A co worker had special plans with her boyfriend tonight so I told her to go ahead."

"That was nice," JC smiled. "So you're here until when?"

"Until eight o' clock or so. But then I have to close up the store and buy dinner and drive home and feed Pix and I wanted to catch up on my reading and return some e mails and all that but I don't think I'm gonna get much done at the rate I'm going."

"Want me to buy you dinner?" JC offered.

Katrina shook her head. "I didn't mean to say all that just so you'd offer to do something. I'm fine, don't worry. The food court doesn't close till nine anyways."

"I can get you something if you want me too. I don't have anything to do tonight, really."

"When're you giving your girl her expensive new shoes?" Katrina asked, putting the box in a bag and handing it over to JC.

"I was gonna go over to her place now, but I'll only be there for like, an hour. Her friends are over there and..." his voice trailed off.

Katrina laughed. "You don't like them very much, do you?"

JC chuckled, shaking his head. "Not really. So if you want, I can meet you back here when your shift is finished and then you and I can do something. You look like you haven't gotten laid in a while."

She smiled. "I haven't, but that's because I'm always tired and I'm single. I got better things to do than worry about sex."

"What's better than sex?" JC snorted.

"Working and paying your rent," Katrina replied. "And sleep."

"Look, I'll buy you dinner, meet you back here in an hour, and we can go over to your place and chill. We both got nothing better to do."

"As bad as this is gonna sound, I'd honestly prefer getting some stuff done tonight than have to worry about entertaining you."

"C'mon," JC urged. "You, me, KittyKat, boxes of Chinese food. Sounds like a good time to me. I'll let you read or whatever it is you wanna do and I'll leave."

"As long as you're paying for the food, then fine."

"Cool," JC nodded. "I'll meet you back here and I'll follow you back to your place. I'm not leaving my car in the mall parking lot."

Katrina smiled. "Alright, fine. Go spoil your girlfriend with her new shoes."

"Think she'll like it?"

"Yea, but it's usually a bad idea to give a girl shoes."

"Why?"

"Because, if you guys break up, she can throw it at you or she can walk out on you wearing them, leaving you with nothing."

 JC shrugged. "As long as she likes it, then that's good enough for me. And I like spoiling my girls."

Katrina folded her arms. "You don't spoil me."

"That's ‘cause you're my SmartieKat," he smiled.

"Get a couple beers to go with that Chinese food, okay?"

"Sure thing, honey."

-------

9:45PM

"Did you like the sweet and sour shrimp this time?"

Katrina shrugged, resting her empty container on her bedside table. "It was alright," she said, leaning back against her headboard.

JC stuffed another shrimp in his mouth and screwed up his face. "A little spicy."

She smiled. "Thanks for dinner."

JC nodded, setting his container on the floor. "You're welcome." He sat up, cross legged on the bed. "Are you tired?"

"A little," Katrina admitted. "The beer woke me up."

"Do you have work tomorrow?"

"Yea, but only from ten to three. I'm off the rest of the day."

"What're you doing then?"

"I've got some reading I need to catch up on."

JC laughed. "You're just gonna read all day? Nerdy much?"

Katrina kicked him. "Don't hate. What're you doing?"

"I don't know what Chels wants to do. If she's not with her friends, we might probably go out and something. Unless, of course, she finds something to pick a fight about again."

"That's why I love being single. The only person who can backchat me is Pixel, and the only time she wants to fight is when I don't give her anything to eat. Other than that we're the happiest couple around."

JC grinned. "But she can't satisfy you like a guy can."

"That's what vibrators and adult fiction is for."

"Don't you want a boyfriend?"

"Guys suck. You're living proof of that. I'd rather focus of reading or writing or my cat."

"C'mon, I'm not that bad."

"You're worse."

"I'm pretty sure Chelsea cheats on me too, you know."

"So if you cheat on each other, then break up and save yourself the tension."

"A new girlfriend takes too long to break in. Chels and I have an understanding, like you and I. Except, she and I don't admit that we actually cheat and the other always gets mad."

"There're no feelings here, so it's technically not cheating."

"Exactly. But there's feelings between Chels and I so it's different."

"You're too complicated," Katrina sighed, sinking deeper into her mattress so that now she was laying flat on her back. "And you always bring me into your mess at the most random times."

JC chuckled, crawling over her so his face was hovering above hers and his forearms held him steady. "We can have fun tonight if you want. Maybe if you exert some energy or release some of that stress you'd sleep easier."

"In other words, you're implying that we have some sex tonight?"

"You said it, not me."

"Are you ever flaccid down there?"

"Not really."

"Not surprising coming from the guy who sang that he dreamt about sex all day long."

"So is that a yes or a no?"

"No, horn dog."

JC stuck out his tongue before rolling over to the next side of the bed. "You're so hard sometimes."

"So are you," Katrina mused, and JC laughed.

"I should get going and let you sleep tonight," he said, looking at her. "I don't think anyone's giving birth tonight and I won't call you at four in the morning so you should be fine."

"You don't have to leave. I'm gonna make you take all these containers and cans into the kitchen anyways but you don't have to leave."

"You sure?"

"What're you gonna do? Go home and get off to lesbian porn?"

"Probably."

"You can stay the night if you want. Get some breakfast in the morning or something."

"Sounds like a plan. Lay off the bacon though. Your thighs look bigger in those shorts than they do in your jeans."

Katrina scowled and punched him on the arm, and JC returned it.

"Jerk."

Chapter End Notes:
Review!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc producerjc friendswithbenefits cheaterjc