Story Notes:
 

I haven't been inspired to write anything lately, between personal heartbreaks, working two jobs, and going to school full time, I have just been drained. However somehow this just came to me. Inspired by two things. This photo. I wish I could remember the name of the photographer. With that said, this is not my photo. Anyways, I stumbled upon this image and there was this song playing on my iPod. Two incredible, relatively unknown artists, Shane Mack and Ashley Arrison, singing a live version of Shane's song "If I Stay" and somehow in that exact moment, this story came to life. -Check out those two artists. They are really talented!

 

Love is a temporary madness. It shakes your entire being like an earthquake causing a landslide of emotions. When it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part, because that's what love is.

Love is not promises of eternal passion. Love is not excitement. Love is not breathlessness. Love is madness.

Finding oneself wrapped up in the process of everyday work sometimes becomes the person someone is. Sometimes that choice is made piece by piece and never noticed until it becomes too overwhelming. But sometimes, that choice is made for the selfishness part of someone that doesn't want to be hurt again. They don't want to deal with that level of pain that has no grey area.

Love is the greatest of emotions and the worst of heartaches. Even with the unknown, the matters of the heart rest in the palm of one's hands.

 

The choice; to live with your heart in someone else's hand, or wipe your hands clean of love.

 

Justin's hands have been clean for some time, and that is exactly how he'd plan on leaving them. He has spent years in relationships that were never going to work. Years wasted. Years of filled with living day to day, even making the grand gesture, only to end in heartache.

Which has lead him to where he is today, in her bed again, hanging on by a thread again... it won't be long till he is asking when can he come back again.

 

One more day. He whispers to himself as he watches her climb out of bed and leave the room. If only I could have one more day. He aggressively rubs his hands over his face. He knew he was defying his own rules.

 

One of his favorite places on earth was New York City. He loved the city; what it represented, and how it felt to be standing in a city that size yet he was so small. He was a nobody in a city full of success. His schedule has been crazy the last year that he didn't know what he was doing on any given day. He was rarely in the same city for very long or at least the city he wanted to be in. Between touring, fitting in more studio time, and managing to film two movies in the process, the last year has been a blur.

Everything was a blur besides the time he spent with her.

She seemed to bring him down to earth, into reality, and in the moment. But he knew it was a temporary fix, he knew the time he had was limited. He wanted more than that temporary feeling of carefree moments.

 

Sophia was the most brilliant, level headed photographer that he ever had the pleasure of working with. Professional and personal pleasure. She had the vision that no one else seemed to have. She made something out of nothing. She changed his entire view and outlook on his position in the industry that he consumed himself in. Unknowingly to her, she was his inspiration for everything from the day they met. Her vision changed his.

 

They both were fed up with relationships, broken hearts, and one night stands. ‘Hooking up' with a random person in a club wasn't the same feeling any more. They were adults and had to make adult decisions. After making the first fateful, semi-drunken decision on the rooftop of her apartment building, a new motion was set in place. Something that happened seemed to happen every time they crossed paths.

 For them, this was the adult decision to make.

Friends with benefits it wasn't, they weren't friends.

It was simple, get in, get off, get out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story