There he was again, in her bed again, staring at the ceiling of her elegantly designed New York City Apartment, hanging on by a thread again. Saying things he'll regret again, things that shouldn't be said again, going over the past again... It won't be long and he'll be asking when he can come back again.

Sophia became his drug of choice. Not in any negative kind drug, but a drug nevertheless.

 

I wish I could stay with you.

 

His first set of words that he shouldn't have said for her to hear. He whispered those fateful words to her just moments before she climbed out of bed and out of his view.

His words hurt himself, but worst of all, his words hurt her. He's going, but he knows he just needs one more day with her. He needs her carefree spirit bringing him joy and stress free.

He used her, for all the wrong reasons. And now, he was saying things he couldn't take back.

 

Sophia has always been the strong willed and never a ‘matters of the heart' kind of woman. All of her relationships seemed to be just what they were. It was never an over-the-top romantic adventure, it was what it was, until it wasn't anything anymore. She always wanted compassion from a partner, she wanted spontaneity, she wanted to simply come home after a long day on set and crawl into the arms of something that genuinely made her happy. She hadn't found that in her life thus far.

 

His words meant nothing. The amazing things that would flow off his tongue and past his lips meant nothing. Never before had she let the words affect her in this way. They were just words after all. He was only saying the right things to ensure that he could come back again. His actions spoke volumes, and she was aware of that.

 

"I've gotta go." He said in a deep sigh. "My flight leaves..." He continued to talk but she zoned out on him, staring out into the view from her twentieth floor apartment building, the Hudson River just outside of her window. She exhaled a deep breath, her eye lids fluttered in pain, running chills down her body.

 

He watched as her body shivered under the lace tank and panties she was wearing. Her hand went to her arm to wipe away the goosebumps it created all down her body. Slowly her hand reached up to her face, wiping away the tears that managed to escape her once uncaring eyes.

They were both in too deep, both too stubborn to admit they needed to part ways.

It hurts if he stays, but it's worse if he stays away. He always wants, just one more day. Seeing the hurt in her eyes, hurt him more than any broken heart has ever felt. The pain in her eyes wasn't something he was ready to see. The reason for their arrangements was so they didn't feel the pain of walking away. Maybe they were both in over their heads. Maybe they were both not cut out for this, the way they convinced themselves they were.

She didn't turn back to tell him goodbye this time. Swallowing back her pride, she spoke in a low shaky tone, "Have a safe flight. I'll see you when I see you..."

Her tone shook him to the core. She was hurting and he knew that no matter what he said, it wasn't going to be the right words. "I'll see you soon..." he fought with his own thoughts. He wanted to feel her in his arms just one more time before he left, but he wasn't sure that was the best decision either.

The timing couldn't have been more perfect for him. He was about to embark on overseas promotion and touring would keep him thousands of miles away from her, masking the feelings they both were fighting.

He picked up his bag that awaited him in the very same spot it always did, turning back to her one last time, he sees her wiping away more tears. If he cared of the least he would comfort her. If he was of the least a caring person, he would comfort her.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, his hand turned the knob and he stepped out of the door, closing it behind him. He felt the lump in his throat begin to cut off his airway. He dropped his head the door, reaching his fists up in way that he was going to knock on the door, change everything that just happened. But he didn't, he bucked up his emotions and walked down the long hallway to the elevator.

Chapter End Notes:

More coming :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story