"I'm going back to my place for some well needed drinks..." Sophia admitted as she gathered up all her belongings from the day. Shooting in a warehouse isn't her favorite thing, but it served its purpose for the day. She would rather be out in the real world, taking shots of the artist with moving objects behind them, or a piece of history than a generated image in a blank room.

Granted her eye candy wasn't so bad for the day. Shooting the album promotion for Justin Timberlake for his long awaited follow up album was a huge privilege. She had worked with many celebrities for many different magazines but she had never been given the opportunity to reinvent someone's entire image. She took this as a challenge.

 

"I could join you." Justin said coyly, his cheeks turning a shade of pink from embarrassment.

"I hope you can drink big boy!" She patted him on the shoulder as she walked by him. She paused, turning back to look at him as he remained in the spot she left him in, "I thought you were coming home with me?"

Justin's eyes lit up, the smirk widened on his face and without hesitance he followed suit behind her. She wasn't someone that went after anyone, she never really had to.

 

*

Sophia dropped her items on the table in the kitchen as she entire her apartment. She started to remove items of clothing that she has been wearing all day, leaving a path to her bedroom.

"Make yourself at home." She leaned her head out of her bedroom door, "I'll just be a minute... There's beer in the fridge!"

Justin caught the slide glimpse of her nearly naked body and it his body shivered with excitement. He shook his head and headed straight for the beer.

 

As he twisted the cap off the beer, his eyes caught the attention of something that instantly made him stop in his tracks. His focus became enamored in the image that rested on her wall.

A portrait, grand in scale hung high on the stone wall. A man with the weight of the world on his shoulders, was stepping down, back down to ground level.

"Wow..." he mumbled. He felt as if that image was a direct representation of how he felt about his entire life at the moment. Everything about his life, and the lives of those who surround him, was the weight on his shoulders. If he didn't take the right photos, if he didn't sell enough albums, if no one showed up for the tour... the livelihood of everyone around him laid upon his shoulders.

 

"The day I took that photo, I felt like I couldn't do any this anymore. I was fresh off a breakup... and I thought I couldn't handle the pressure of capturing the perfect moment, every time..."

 

"You took this?" He questioned.

"Yes, a little over four years ago." She smiled, grazing her fingers over the canvas she was proud of. "I let go of everything seeing that image on the screen of my camera. I promised myself I would just be me. I would capture what I could and that would have to be good enough. And somehow I found my true passion from that."

"This is truly amazing." He exhaled a deep breath. "It says so much..."

 

She watched as he admired her work. His face was in daze, studying every detail. She wondered what exactly he was thinking about. She wondered if the view she created could be that inspiring, enough to take his complete attention away from her.

"Come..." Sophia demanded, grabbing the blanket from the back of the chair where she had left it the last time. "Come... see the view that inspires me..." When he his feet remained planted on the hardwood floor, his eyes still on that very photograph she took his hand, pulling on him to follow her. She placed the twelve pack of beer in his hands and started down the hallway of her apartment.

She led him through her dimly lit apartment, up a dark flight of narrow steps before Justin started to feel a little nervous. He had been in control of his every move for so long, the simple idea that he was letting this stranger take control puzzled him. "Where are you taking me?" He questioned.

She turned back to look at him... "Have a little faith in me..."

Without hesitance, he trusted her. He had faith in her.

As they reached their destination, Sophia dropped the blanket to the ground. "Now this..."She smiled, waving her hand at the skyline that rested around them. Each tall skyscraping building having a purpose in a city filled with millions, each one lit up for all to see.

He watched as her lips moved with such passion and release.

"...this is my version of clarity." She exhaled a deep breath as they stared into the city sky together. Two near strangers had one of the greatest city skylines at their view.

 

She plopped herself down on the blanket, tapping it, wanting him to lay down with her. She had laid in this very spot more times than she could count.

He lowered himself to the blanket, keeping a safe distance from her. "You realize you can't see the stars in this city full of lights, right?"

She rolled her eyes at him. "I like to stare into the empty sky okay... endless possibilities."

 

He watched her face, content and passionately watching the midnight blue sky. He scooted closer to her, she didn't move.  He rolled on top of her, her eyes catching his.

"I prefer the shine of a real star above me, instead of whatever you are." She muttered, looking into his lust filling, oceanic blue eyes.

His lowered his face to hers, never taking their eyes off of each other. As their lips met one another, instantly they knew it wasn't going to end with a simple kiss, or even an incredible kiss. But Justin pulled his face back away from hers, teasing her with the brush of his lips.

Justin's hand went to the side of her face before reaching down to unfasten her jeans.

 

 

Sophia's daze was interrupted by the sound of her phone going off. The memories of their first time were ingrained in her memory. She could remember his touch... as if he was touching her right now. His scent seemed to linger around her, even when he was thousands of miles away.  The intense beat of his heart, pounding off of her chest.

 

I want to see you. I want to see you... NOW. I can't wait any longer. Meet me in Paris... I will have a private plane waiting for you. Just say the words.

 

The words in black in white, staring back at her, was exactly she wanted. She couldn't deny that her first thought was how quickly she could get to the airport during rush hour traffic, but she also couldn't accept his offer.

She forcefully rubbed her hands over her face, cursing at herself. She knew deep down that he was lonely on the road but she couldn't be the girl that drops and runs to him. It was times like these, in the very moment that she was thinking about their first of many nights together, he was thinking the same thing she was.

When she didn't respond, another message came through, however this time Justin's words were like ripping a page out of her heartbreaking journal.

 

...Will you come see me? I want to see you. I need the comfort of your arms. I need... you.


Incomplete
musicmel is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked If I Stay also liked 133 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story