First Chris, now Molly? Just let me make my own mistakes and I'll learn what is right and wrong in time. If Chris hadn't stepped- "You okay, mami?" Alex asks me, laying on the bed in the spare room and essentially interrupting my thoughts.
I lay next to him, snuggling close and nod my head. "Yeah, it's just somebody has their nose in my business all the time." We've been in our pajamas since Chris ended the argument between Molly and I; I'm wearing plaid pants and a tank top while Alex has Joe Boxer smiley face pants on.
He chuckles lightly and smoothes his hand up and down my back a few times. "They're worried about you; Howie and Kevin are the same way about me and the three of us are like that with Nick," he explains.
"Nick's also like that with his brother and sisters."
"Exactly, the older ones always look out for the younger ones and you do it with Kate, Tay and Emmy."
"I'm not that bad about it though."
"They're also little kids," he observes, drawing unseen pictures on my back.
Alex is so focused on me that he isn't watching the open door that I'm facing, seeing Chris in the door with closed hands and an evil smirk on his lips. "Chris, don't do it," I growl two seconds too late as he throws ice cubes at us and one lands on Alex's stomach, it flies back across the room and goes down his tucked in shirt. Chris shrieks like a girl as he struggles to untuck his shirt and get the ice cube out, making us laugh like crazy at his failed attempt at pranking us. By the time he gets it out of his shirt, it's smaller than a dime and the two of us are close to tears.

Alex and I talked about the possibilities of our relationship, pending the response from Transcon and the parent record company and how we would stay in touch. I suppose we were up pretty late, next thing I remember is Aunt Bev shaking me and saying I should get in my room before Chris wakes up. Her saying that makes me realize that Chris fell asleep before us and I realize she's whispering, following her finger to find him asleep sitting up beside the dresser by the door. I shrug and smile, climbing onto the bench against the opposite wall and pull the afghan over my body, falling back asleep.

I stretch and yawn, feeling eyes on me. "When'd you move to the bench?"
"After you fell asleep," I simply answer, scratching my sides. I smell cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, pancakes and home fries. "Are you cooking?" I ask, some alarm in my tone.
"No," he says, turning to bolt down the steps after checking bedrooms to find them empty except his and Angelo's.
I spot Alex at the stove as I skid to a stop at the serving window connecting the dining room and kitchen, failing miserably when Chris barrels into me. Alex turns around and smiles at me. "Morning, baby, Chris," he greets, smiling. "I hope it's okay that I decided to make breakfast," he says, turning back around to tend to the food.
"It's fine," Chris blurts out, turning to go wake Angelo.
I walk into the kitchen, hug him from behind and kiss his back to show my appreciation. "Thank you." It's a good start for our first full day alone together, Chris and Angelo leave in an hour and it gives them enough time to eat, shower and pack. Chris is getting Justin, Josh and his friend Joey together to see how well they harmonize together for a weekend of bonding. Everyone else will be gone till dinner tomorrow night.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story