"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"How about now?"
"No," I growl. She's always been the first one up and the most irritating because it's who she is. She's been asking if we've gotten into Orlando for the past ten minutes while Molly laughs hysterically, it sounding like sniggering. Of course it's entertaining the two of them, it's annoying the shit out of me. When the two of them begin whispering in the backseat it makes me nervous, curious as to what they could be contemplating. The whispering eats an hour of time without mercy and they see the 'Welcome to Orlando' sign, prompting shrieks and squeals to come from them.

Mom beat me to Orlando, she left three days before I had to follow the movers down here. Dad is paying for me to attend college and our house, finally giving a shit after not even caring enough to call or anything for my birthday after taking off when I was a little kid.

Molly and Pookie clamber out of the car and ooh and ahh over the outside of the house, racing for the door and Pook wins of course. I say that sports have helped her socially and physically, not to throw in health-wise. She's always been in shape. "Oh my gosh, 'Lan! It's absolutely breath taking beautiful!" she yells, popping her head out of the front door again as I peek around the side of the car to grab our bags.
"I bet!" I yell back, smiling cuz she approves of it and she's the third hardest girl to please in the family-my mom and our grandma being the other two. She darts back into the house and I grab the bags before striding inside, whistling my approval and surprised that dad did a good job choosing the place. "Nice, dad."

Once we got settled in, Pookie and I leave to find the MMC studio to obtain tickets for her birthday in a couple days. We show up there and walk into auditions, albeit unknowingly. She sees this kid in a blue button up shirt, black jeans and white hi-tops, he has brown hair and blue eyes. "He's cute," she tells me, stopping in her tracks and looking love sick.
"Now, you'll be singing Richard Marx's 'Right Here (Waiting For You)'?" the female talent scout for the show asks him.
He nods. "Yes, ma'am," he confirms, clearing his throat and taking a gulp of water prior to opening his mouth to belt out the song acapella.
"Thank you, Joshua Chasez."
"You're welcome. Thank you for having me audition."
He walks toward us and smiles at Pookie. "'Drya, no."
"Chris, yes." He looks at her honey colored eyes and stops dead in his tracks next to her, inches between their bodies. "I'm Cassandrya and this is my cousin, Chris." She motions to us and gives a shy smile, breathing slightly different. I get this strange feeling that he might her once in a lifetime.
"I'm Josh, you no doubt overheard," he says, motioning behind himself and having a smile on his lips.
"Yeah," she sighs, the toe of her shoe scuffing the floor and blushing, but her eyes don't shift from his. "Where, um, are you from?"
"Bowie, Maryland, you?" He smiles at her and I cross my arms, a glower coming from my eyes.
"Clarion, Pennsylvania."

"Joshua Chasez, we'd like to sign you right now. We've called you back and would like to offer you a spot."
"Let me get my mom," he tells her, smiling.
"Let me give you our address and you can stop in, we live a few blocks away."
"Crush, crush, crush," I harshly mutter and she smacks my chest as he offers her the back of his hand after taking a pen from a talent scout.
She scribbles our address onto his skin flawlessly and with minimal thought, most likely getting it days before from mom. "I'll see if I can come by tonight to hang out," he tells her, rushing off to get his mom.
"You're not dating him."
"Make a bet?"
"Not right off the bat," I warn her.
"No der, captain obvious."
He comes back into the room and introduces his mom to us before we head out to locate the ticket vendor.

We arrive at the house three hours after we had departed, tickets for her and I on her birthday. "Not my point. Hi, mom. They had just enough tickets for her and I."
"I can entertain the girls here," she assures me, placing the first of seven dishes on the table.
Mom had always busted her butt to take care of us. "Pookie has a crush," I taunt her, half singing 'crush'.
She blushes, shoving me away from her. "Shut up, 'Lan!"
"Who might this boy be?"
"His name is Josh. He has the most gorgeous blue eyes and slicked back brown hair, best of all he is so sweet." She helps set the dinner table, smiling bashfully throughout.
"How did you meet him?"
Mom is genuinely interested in this intel. "We got lost in the building for MMC and walked in on his audition, he was offered a spot right after he finished."
"Is there anything else?"
"It's okay I invited him over later tonight?"
"Of course it is, 'Drya." Mom sees the glare I've been giving Pook, shooting me a more intimidating one my way over 'Drya's head as she places a kiss to the top of it.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story