I talked to Jazz, but she isn't happy with any of us and to be honest, I can't blame her. She's mostly upset with me, Justin and JC. Joey and Chris only suggested that she and Andi take a little time out to get to know one another. "Darren, she's undeniably mad at me. I don't know what to do to get her to forgive me."
"There's nothing you can do, James. You can only wait for her to do it and not push her too hard like you have with the whole thing about Justin's friend."
"You mean Andi?"
"No, I mean Janet Jackson."
He had to be a smart aleck about it. "Haha. I know, found their letters. They want to do it on their time and in their own ways." I get an idea and smile to myself. "Put the number I'm about to give you in her notebook, on the inside cover. She will wonder who's it is and call it after awhile."
I hear him shuffling around her things. "Got it."
I give him the number and he reads it back to me. "Good and now I back off to let them do it on their time, their way."
"Hey, she just came back and AJ's with her."
"Can you see if she'll talk to me?"
"Sure, hold on," he tells me, covering the mouth piece.
"What do you want?" she snaps.
"To make sure you're ok and to say sorry for shoving Andi down your throat."
"Again."
She's madder than I've seen or heard in a few months. "Yeah. I just really feel bad. I forgot to ask if you'd be willing to come to Madison Square Garden from the 24th until you're supposed to leave the 25th? Please, Sam?"
She sighs, mulling it over in her mind. "Does the agreement with Josh extend to you and Justin?"
"What agreement?" I ask, wanting to find out what I might be getting myself into.
"As long as us girls are civil toward each other around you five, you'll let us figure out how to handle each other on our own," she states.
"Sounds reasonable to me, I'll do it." I bob my head back and forth as I contemplate ways to indirectly get them to interact. "Andi's presence is requested as well."
"Whatever. If she don't start nothing, I won't."
"Sounds fair." There isn't much to say that won't start another fight with her.
"I'll be there in two days, ok?"
"Thanks, bye, Lynni," I say, squeezing my eyes shut and choking back the sobs while trying my best to swallow the lump caught in my throat.
"See you then, James," she says, cutting the call short.
I feel like crap and I need my best friend to tell me that it's all going to work out for the best, that's she's going to be there for me. I have to face the facts and admit to my faults that have caused her so much pain since we started trying to force her down Andi's throat and vice versa. I'm selfish sometimes and this is one instance of it, there are more to come no doubt.

A couple days later, we've been rehearsing our asses off with Wade and JC misses some steps. "JC, come on!" Wade says, clearly frustrated with him. "You're never off! What's up?"
"Just thinking."
His head drops into his hands and he sighs. "They're probably coming."
"How do you know?"
"Every time you, Justin and Lance have sucked it up and asked either of the girls to forgive you guys, they have."
"Not every time," Justin says, his hand going through the curls from hell on his head. We all look at him, curious about which time he might be referring to.
Just then, we hear a familiar laugh echoing through the hall and all stop dead in our tracks to face the door. "I know, Babe. I will. Yes, I love you too." She hangs up her cell and looks at us watching her. "What? Aren't you supposed to be rehearsing? I swear there's a show tonight!" she screams at us.
He runs over and hugs her, relieved just knowing she's safe. "Thank you for coming!" he tells her, holding her close.
"Saved by the laugh," Justin mutters, embracing her with gratitude and appreciation.
"It's good to see and hear you again!" Chris says.
Joey laughs and I wrap her in my arms, both of us happy to know she's safe. "You scared me out of my wits."
"Always have, always will."
"That's not funny," I say into her shoulder.
She giggles, seconds away from laughing harder. "You're right, it's hysterical." There she goes, laughing crazily.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story