What a fucking migraine! What did I do? What did I say? Who saw it? Who found out what? Hot shower first, no, talk to one of the guards then hot shower. I slowly get up and check for one of those big dudes we call security and spot Tiny. "Tiny?" I say, sounding like shit. He looks at me. "Where are the guys?"
"Rehearsals. I have direct orders from Johnny, JC, Justin, Lance and the rest of the security team to bring you there once you're ready."
"That'll be two thousand ninety-never, but whatever. Give me an hour."
"You got it," he says, smiling and setting the timer on his watch.
I turn on the radio, Z100 is my preference in NYC. I grab my clothes, set up for my shower and get in, singing with the radio when I know the lyrics. I get out after washing my body and hair, conditioning the latter. I quickly rub lotion onto my body and dress. I'm rocking dark blue denim jeans, a black long sleeve shirt, a camo tee, and my designer camo DCs. That was my first splurge almost two years ago. I have most of the money I've made over the past couple years saved, intending on buying a place in LA to get away from everyone, all the negativity. I push the power button to kill the radio, grabbing everything I just might need-wallet, keycard, my cell, a backpack purse, note book and something to write with. I put the keycard in my wallet and meticulously put everything in the bag, grabbing a hair clip soon after. I pull my hair into a ponytail, twist it so the ends fall into my face and pin it up, letting the rest of my hair cover the clip. I wonder why my collar bone is sore when I lift my bag, my mind flooding with memories of last night. "Shit," I whisper, recalling why it hurts. I start to walk out of my room and chuckle to myself.
"What's so funny, girl?"
"Something that happened last night," I nonchalantly tell him.
"Something Justin did?"
"Of course."
"Goofy dance?"
Now comes the game of 'guess it' that I sometimes play with everyone. "No."
"Involving his big mouth?"
"Yes," I confirm.
"Kiss?"
"No."
"Bite?"
"Yes."
"Neck?"
"No!" I giggle and rub the spot.
"Show me."
"I suppose," I say, viciously jabbing the button for the elevator. "Wait till we get in the elevator."
He waits in silence as the elevator comes to our floor, entering and I pull the collars to my shirts aside for him to see the bite mark from Justin. "That's going to be a nasty bruise. Should I slap him for you?"
"Naw, let it be. I head for Paso Robles after the show tonight." I called and tried to tell Christina Aguilera's manager I couldn't tour, being talked into starting it late by a few weeks and Renée take my spot until further notice.
"Whatever you say, shrimp," he says, shrugging it off. "Get ready to make a run for it," he warns me, spotting the hoard of fans outside.
I glance over them, realizing most of them are pre-teens or teens. "Shouldn't the majority of these kids be in school at this hour?"
"Yes, but they're here instead. My guess is that their parents didn't get them tickets."
"How many extras did I get for tonight?"
"One all access & VIP, four seats other than the one that came with your special order."
I nod and stop at the door, the fans screaming. "I have a treat for 4 of you!" I announce and they quiet a bit. "If anyone can guess my birthdate, astrology sign, who in *NSYNC is my best friend, my first kiss, brother, my cuddle buddy and I turn to for some laughs. T, can you grab some paper and pens from the service desk?" He does this and comes out with a dozen of each, paper clips in his pocket. "Please attach your school or state ID to your paper. Make sure to fold the paper in half to conceal your answers, keeping them secret. Whoever gets it right or the closest to all of the right answers, will be whittled down to four," I explain.
"I think you should repeat the things again, one at a time," Tiny whispers in my ear and I nod.
"First thing is my birthdate." I wait until they all look at me. "What sign in astrology am I?" I wait until they're done. "You'll have to name *NSYNC members for these questions, one or two names for each name only. Who is my best friend?" I wait to see three dozen eyes locked onto me. "Who was my first kiss?" A minute later they look at me. "Who's my big brother?" They scribble their answers down, looking up after. "Who do I refer to as my cuddle buddy?" They jot a name on the paper, eyes on me again. "The last one is who do I turn to when I need some laughs?" They write their answers, grab a paper clip, pull out IDs and clip them together before handing them to me and Tiny. "Give my security detail, Tiny, here and myself about twenty minutes to decide on who gets a ticket!"

We sift through them after I write the answer key down for us, coming down to six people. Two high school seniors (guys), two junior girls and a couple college kids. "I have Daniel Gregory, Jeff Mitchels, Carrie LeBlanc, and Brigette Banks that are on point."
"Cassandra Thomas and Jamie Patterson are close, but no cookie," I say, letting out a whoosh of air. "Daniel, Jeff, Carrie and Brigette won. Give me their IDs," I announce, putting my hand out and wiggling my fingers. I stick them in my back pocket and we gather the sheets up, heading outside. Tiny sticks the winners' sheets in his back pocket. We only unclipped the winners' IDs from their sheets. "Attention!" I shout over the raucous, which stops shortly after. "If you get your answer slip and ID back," I say loudly, waving them in the air, "I'm sorry to announce you came close, but not close enough and if you could please leave the premises after you receive them, I'd appreciate it! Thanks for trying your absolute best! Single file line starts three feet in front of Tiny!" I smile encouragingly as they line up and find out if their slips and IDs are in the pile or not, thanking them individually. They all leave happy because they all got an autograph from me. I look at Tiny for the slips and tickets.
"Does that mean we get the tickets?" a blonde with beautiful hazel eyes asks.
"We didn't get ours back," a brown haired girl with pale blue eyes observes.
"We had to have won," a tall boy with sandy blonde hair decides.
"Of course we did," another boy with red hair and blue green eyes overconfidently announces.
I smile at their exchange of words, shifting my weight. "You're right," I confirm, reaching in my back pocket to pull out their IDs and fan them out in between my fingers. "Brigette," I call and the brunette steps up. "Daniel," the blue green eyed boy stands in front of me next to the girl. "Carrie," the blonde stands beside Daniel. "Jeff," the tall boy smirks at me.
Tiny fans out the tickets in his hand, the printed side toward himself. "You each get one ticket," he starts, "but only after I call your name and hand you the answer slip that was attached to your ID. After that you can grab your ID and be on your way. Show begins at 8pm sharp and if you want time to get merchandise, get to the arena an hour early." He calls their names and they collect their 3 items.
"We should get photos together," I suggest and the fans agree. One of the hotel's staff comes near us and we hand him a Polaroid camera and request six photos be done. I stand in the middle and give bunny ears to Brigitte and Jeff. We all have our tongues out or are making goofy faces. "*NSYNC does have a VIP thing they do for a couple handfuls of fans, picking them by their seats and I can't say you're entered because they were mine. I can talk to them and see if they are willing to count them, considering they aren't my tickets anymore. Can we get one more with them holding their tickets in front of them?" I ask the poor guy holding my camera and he nods. They do this and we go our own ways. I wished them the best. We dart off with our photos and my old Polaroid camera, rushing to the guys' rehearsal when my cell screams out 'Water Runs Dry'. "Hey, Curls."
"Where are you? JC's pacing between things and Lance is getting ready to call 911 and send out a search party."
"We just left the hotel, be there in half."
"Hurry up, I'm about to lose it."
I giggle and stop part way through it when I hear Nick and Andi talking, laughing. "Uhhhhh…"
"He's going home in ten."
"Yeah, sure," I absentmindedly reply, void of all emotion.
"See you soon."
"Yeap, soon," I say, disconnecting the call as soon as I got the chance.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story